PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-14-2005, 02:05 PM #1
VikingPower

OT: powerlyte scepter 04 vs. 05

I emailed powerlyte but they did not respond. I have a 04 powerlyte scepter 5 piece system. I think its great but is there any real difference between the 04 and the 05 systems???? i know the tip looks a bit different on the 05. but are the inserts the same? are the inserts interchangable between the 04 and 05??? i need to know because they are making a i think .680 insert for the 05 kit and the smallest i have is .684 and just about allt he paint i use goes through that easily. so does the new inserts fir the old barrels??? is one necessarily better than the other??
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM #2
Knick Knack
Endless Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
The new inserts do not fit with the old tip. The way the inserts are domed, and the tip has the flat reciever has been reversed. Its not the tip that is domed, and the inserts have the flat reciever. There is no real performance difference between the two. Unfortunately, if you want the .680 insert, you'll need to get a new tip.

Dan

Powerlyte Dealer~Inquire Within

Endless Paintball
Timing Your Marker~~~Efficiency Article~~~Scepter Barrel Kit Review~~~WGP Orracle Review
Old 05-17-2005, 04:37 PM #3
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
so this is the 3rd revision of the Scepter?

The first had the fronts that fit over the back... the backs also had windows in them.

Then they changed it to the fronts fitting into the back, the backs did not have windows

Now they've changed the fronts? If so, does this mean that if I want to use the .680 and the other inserts I'll have to keep 2 fronts on hand? Am this right, or is there only 2 styles?
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 05-18-2005, 05:10 PM #4
Knick Knack
Endless Paintball

no, there are only revisions. Techincally its the 03 and the 04 scepter. You pretty much described what I did...only simpler.

As for the backs, they dont make any difference. They are interchangable.

Dan

Endless Paintball
Timing Your Marker~~~Efficiency Article~~~Scepter Barrel Kit Review~~~WGP Orracle Review
Old 05-18-2005, 05:43 PM #5
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Ok, so the only difference between the old and new style is the front and inserts then? So if you have the new style front/inserts, you're fine to get the .680, otherwise you'll have to get a new tip and carry both with you. Right?
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 PM #6
Knick Knack
Endless Paintball

yes, exactly.

Dan

Endless Paintball
Old 08-08-2005, 07:02 PM #7
kipliq

Not sure if I have the 03 or the 04 but I think the front fits into the back part. I want to order a longer front...... do I have to buy a new kit now that the 05 are different?
Thanks