iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

that it can feed 13bps constant
Old 08-02-2005, 08:05 PM #23
mikechorney
Got Gnomes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkindakool
well i got my revvy and put exactly 150 balls in it and it fed them in like 11.sumtin seconds so i think it can feed over 13bps
He argued that dropping 150 balls in 11+ seconds proved a gravity fed hopper could feed over 13BPS.
WGP 03 VF Blue e2'd mQ'd Autococker, PE Pneus, Slik Cocking Kit, STO Kaner Barrel Kit, STO Reg.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:05 PM #24
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

what oil did you put in there? i have gold cup. so i could just take off my barb and fill the ram with oil? cuz my ram isnt smooth enough to fall back. more like pull back,with out cocking rod of course.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:06 PM #25
allforspeed

i'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but i gave you the information you need if you want to double check my math, at best you only have a distance of .68 caliber for something to fall with a max acceleration of 9.8 meters/second so do the math and you'll see that without any frictional resistance or blowback or anything a paintball at best can not quite feed at 13 bps with gravity and that is just a big stack of paintballs in a row, with break beam hopper i'm sure it will feed slightly slower, i dont care if you believe me, go to warpig as well if you want to hear more about this, if you think i'm wrong show me the math and if i am wrong i'll gladly admit it!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:08 PM #26
allforspeed

yeah i use gold cup oil as well and all i did when the barbs were off was pour a ton of oil in there and slide it around, i can shake my gun and it the bolt and block will move around and i've got pretty damn light cocking mass, maybe yours is worn out or something, qev's are not even 20$ anyway and they look cool!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:10 PM #27
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

well maby the revy pushes them in there slightly so they go faster? i dont want to argue either i was just saying that my hopper fed 150 balls in like 11.2 seconds i think. i cant do another test cuz my batts were running down and my hopper was skipping balls like crazy! i was shooting my cocker like 2 hours ago to test out my new worr gas tank i got today. and my hopper was feeding like crap.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:14 PM #28
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

do they spray air out because i have never seen them work in real life, i heard the ram has a faster recharge and cycling rate with qevs is this true? i think my ram just needs some oil on the shaft. but when i go to the shop friday ill get my friends dad,who owns the shop, to put some oil in my ram and see if its smoother.also definately get the revy its only like 40 bucks with x board so its a good deal.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:18 PM #29
allforspeed

i just found the warpig article here it is:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...oaders/lineup/

they ran into major trouble at 13 bps at that point no gravity fed hopper would feed them reliably, and they used lab quality instruments

here is what they said about a straight gravity fed loader that was just a tube of paintballs:

"Vertical Tube - A vertical tube, fed reliably at 11.5 balls per second, but started having trouble at 13 balls per second. This coincides with mathematical proofs which some have put forward claiming that approximately 13 balls per second is the fastest paintballs can feed under the power of gravity (note all of the agitating loaders listed only use power to break up ball jams, not to accelerate the ball into the feed neck). This math is based on the idea that the ball must start from a rest (when the bolt is closed) and only has .68 inches in which it can accelerate under the force of gravity into the breech. "
Old 08-02-2005, 08:20 PM #30
allforspeed

yeah, they spray a little gas out and make a little pssst noice, you can see the oil spraying out of them when you oil your gun, they make a HUGE difference and make your ram cycle crazy fast for sure, they are cheap on ebay so get em! they are good for braggin rights too
Old 08-02-2005, 08:23 PM #31
allforspeed

can you ever outshoot your revy with your mech cocker? what about if you fan the trigger?
Old 08-02-2005, 08:27 PM #32
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

nope,its impossible if you have it timed right, when i fan it i fan it fassst like 12-14 bps and it just feeds it. mine has xboard though. also my ram will fall on it self easily i took out the bolt and cocking rod and it just fell back easily. everybody uses revvys on mech cockers.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:00 PM #33
allforspeed

probably your heavy cocking mass that is slowing you down then, get a slik block and the jam delrin bolt slides oh soooo smooth since it is some sort of delrin mix and it doesnt have o-rings either, but once you break it in with a few shots it wears itself down into the exact bore of your gun and you dont have any blowback, you can get delrin pull pins that way about a gram on ebay for about 10$ and slik blocks are only like 30$ plus jam bolts are about 40$, all that and you will have a completely different gun that feels like it doesn't have any kick, i love the way mine shoots!if you look around on the classifieds and ebay you can find screaming deals i got all my stuff used and saved soooo much money that way, probably wouldn't have bought it all if i had to pay for new.....

check out air-powered.com too, sik forum and great classified section, honest guys over there

Last edited by allforspeed : 08-02-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 PM #34
allforspeed

you can polish the shaft of your cocking rod and polish the hell out of your hammer with a dremel tool and that will make a noticable difference as well on how fast your gun cocks and how high your lpr need to be set at, the titanium rod i have didn't really polish too much but my old stainless one was mirror smooth and was pretty to boot!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:21 PM #35
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

well when i sell my psp,if anybodys interested pm me, im going to get a derlin jam bolt,qevs,slick back block, a new cocking rod and a beavertail. i think that will be a pretty good setup it should have zero kick and cycle fast. and when i get a job im going to eblade my cocker without eyes and put a eggy 2 on it then i my gun will be perty good.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM #36
fudgeman_007

fudgeman_007 is a Supporting Member
Ah, e-blade...
Well for the revvy thing, maybe it feeds afster because it has those other balls on top of it. Who knows, but I am sure my revvy feeds 15 bps. Warpig might have done something different.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:54 PM #37
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

well 5min ago i traded my revvy for a empire. forgot what its called its supposed to feed 12bps. i traded it to my bro cuz my revvy wouldnt stay in my feedneck and his empire would vibrate out of his spyder. the empire is better than the revvy because it is sound activated. well i need to change my sig and see if the empire works as good as the revvy.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 PM #38
fudgeman_007

empire reloader?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM #39
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

well i just oiled my bolt,ram,and cocking rod and my gun feels like butta!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 PM #40
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

yup its ugly but it stays extremly tight in my feed neck and is sound activated and it hold like 215 balls so i think its good. i had to tape my revvy to my feedneck and i didnt like that so i traded my revvy for a realoader.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 PM #41
fudgeman_007

Well I would get a HALO or a RELOADER B if your getting an E-blade.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM #42
iamkindakool (Banned)
Banned

yeah ill sell my realoader when i get my eblade ill also sell my nitro tank and get a bigger one since ill be shootin like 15bps. im not putting eyes on my gun when i get my eblade cuz it doesnt need them since ill have a jam bolt and ill only be shooting in psp ramping mode. but i might have to wait till x-mas to get an eblade cuz of school.