Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-31-2005, 12:47 AM #1
T1rippaman
Have a homebrew

T1rippaman is a Supporting Member
stock valve mod

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/5231/valveass6yh.jpg im gonna do this to my stock valve. i already grinded the cupseal, it made a huge difference. essentially, im gonna turn it into a rocket valve. My rocket valve went out, so im gonna try this. I got bored and designed that all in INVENTOR. also, will a thinner pin help out? not the whole pin, but some of it grinded down. BTW, this is a T1 valve.

Kanye West copy and paste
Ur Gayfish!!! `if you think Kanye is Gayfish!

2009 Alien Independence
Old 07-31-2005, 01:59 AM #2
shocktroop
Sit and Relax

shocktroop plays in the PSP
shocktroop plays in the APPA D3 division
I shaved my cupseal by using a nail file and a nail buffer to smoothen it out. but it's not as angled as that picture.... I have a pic of the cup seal I did. I hardly pay attention on the difference... just see how much psi i'm shooting at and that's how i see if there's a diff. lol

Dude if you succeed on milling the valve body, i'd let u do it for me ^_^
Yo, instead of making it like a edged line, make it like a curved shape like the rocket valve. more look ^_^

Represent the old, long 68/45k tanks!
Rockin' a Champagne Eigen'd NXT Shocker

Old Feedback
Old 07-31-2005, 09:22 AM #3
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
Are you planning on attaching a spring to the non-cupseal end of the valve pin? Or are you just going to use the stock valve spring on the cup seal? By the looks of the modded cup seal, I am not sure the stock spring would stay in place.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 07-31-2005, 10:22 AM #4
T1rippaman
Have a homebrew

i already modded the cupseal. Its not sloped to the very end, there is a small part that is still cylyndrical so that the spring stays in place, i just forgot to show it in the picture. Also the dimensions r not all accurate.

2009 Alien Independence

Last edited by T1rippaman : 07-31-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:43 PM #5
T1rippaman
Have a homebrew

do u guys think the stock valve can handle all of this modding? is it strong enough?

2009 Alien Independence
Old 07-31-2005, 11:01 PM #6
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
Yes, I don't see any problem of why it wouldn't. The walls are plenty thick enough. Do you have a lathe and a mill to do this, or are you going to do it by hand?

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 07-31-2005, 11:12 PM #7
T1rippaman
Have a homebrew

ghetto style! drill the holes with a drill, then use a dremmel to get the groove between the holes. it definitely won't be perfect, but it will work.

2009 Alien Independence