PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-30-2005, 08:18 PM #1
eclipticrider
Black Magic

new to black magic, have questions...

i've just bought an 02 black magic cocker, never used one before but saw friends with them... they seem like great guns...

it came with out a hopper, air, regulator, dropfoward...

already orded a halo hopper, black magic reg, macro line, and a co2 tank for now...

wanna get a good drop foward, new grip, and possably a hp comp air system...

other then e-blading it, what are other good upgrades (already have a dye ultralight barrel)

also any advise for my new gun will be much appreciated
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2005, 08:49 PM #2
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Why go co2? You can get nitro tanks for cheap.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:50 PM #3
occhaos (Banned)

umm, u could get a new 3-way, but i think the stock one should do it, but get a new feedneck so u wont have to sand down the halo, and learn to time an autococker, ill look for the vid
Old 07-31-2005, 04:00 PM #4
eclipticrider
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai
Why go co2? You can get nitro tanks for cheap.
That is the same as compressed air right? Sorry for the Newb question but this is still unfamiliar terratory for me...

My first gun was a PMI Piranna, not a bad gun by any means. It is Super accurate. But now I'm ready for something a little more

Allso do you have any links for the feednecks, something black, prefer flame pattern if there is one for the feedneck...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1152364
ebay feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS
Old 07-31-2005, 09:33 PM #5
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Slacker04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
[quote=eclipticrider]That is the same as compressed air right? Sorry for the Newb question but this is still unfamiliar terratory for me...QUOTE]

Si... you can fill a nitrogen tank w/ compresed air. The best upgrade you can get now would be a nitro tank. Then a barrel kit. CP, J&J, STO kaner, scepter, they're all great kits. A new 3-way is nice. Bombr 3-way by shocktech is my favorite... but many others are good too. I would suguest a clamping feed neck, cp and ccm make good ones. Thats about it, and loose the drop and buy either a mini drop, or do the best thing and just get a regular botom line. its the best thing for your shooting posture. And make sure your halo has rip-drive... if not, buy one. They're like ten bux.

Good luck with the new BM

UNIVERSITY of PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

Old 07-31-2005, 09:44 PM #6
r37r18u710n

has been a member for 10 years
r37r18u710n is a Forum Captain
Eh... I'd take a barrel kit over Compressed Air. Much better investment unless you have an e-cocker.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:10 PM #7
DrkAngl2772
Dark Vision D2

make sure u have anti siphon on ur co2 or u'll wreck ur gun, and if u change the 3 way u have to re time ur gun
Old 07-31-2005, 11:13 PM #8
M1sTaWIggLes
ɥsǝɹɟ

barrel kit over a nitro -_-! ur kidding it will jack up his internals...
Old 07-31-2005, 11:18 PM #9
r37r18u710n

Wrong. The only internals the air will contact is the valve, and bolt. Both of which can handle the regulated air perfectly fine. The pneumatics are the only things to worry about, and as long as he keeps the 3-way o-rings moist, he'll have no trouble what so ever. Even without Anti-siphon kits. Reaper's friend uses straight CO2 on his Outkast and has no troubles, and is getting +/-5 FPS over the chrono.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:59 PM #10
M1sTaWIggLes
ɥsǝɹɟ

icic
but then again, its not the best choice,
Quote:
armyoforr.com:

When properly filled, a CO2 tanks contents are about 68% liquid, which means that with a bottom-line setup even if the marker is level, liquid CO2 will still flow into the marker causing it to freeze and the velocity to spike up and down. CO2 is generally not as clean as compressed air or nitrogen so it can put more wear and tear on some of the markers parts, especially in the inline regulator and the cup seal. The worst that can happen as a result of CO2 use is that the cup seal could develop a leak or the inline regulator may begin to leak or spike. Any problems that may develop as a result of CO2 usage are usually relatively easy fixes. The bottom line is that in most cases CO2 will get the job done, but if you want to tweak the most performance possible out of your CockerŪ Marker then Compressed air is defiantly the way to go.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:13 AM #11
r37r18u710n

I've NEVER seen a cupseal damaged to the extent that it leaks. And if the regulater is cleaned as often as it should be, you don't need to worry about it leaknig or spiking, either.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:28 PM #12
eclipticrider
Black Magic

i've got a dye ultralight barrel now, isn't that a pretty good one?

i guess i'll get the nitro tank then, with the wgp tank mentioned above, would i need anything else to set it up? thanks for the info everyone and keep the suggestions coming...

i've yet to shoot the gun and i'm very excited to get all the stuff together and get out there... auctually i did shoot it a couple of times in my back yard, i had to steel the gas though grip and bottom line off of my piranah, i love the sound the black magic made, and it was highly accurate. i can't wait
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1152364
ebay feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS