PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-25-2001, 01:42 AM #1
 has been a member for 10 years
Air Assist, Intellifeed for Timmy?

Could someone please explain what air assist is and how do i get it for my Timmy? Also does anyone know of a way to make an Intellifeed for a Timmy?
Blue to Purple Intimidator
MacDev Gladiator Reg
68/4500 Pure Energy Preset HPA
Chrome Shochtech Dropforward
PettyPB Trigger Mod!
LP Mod
LP Chamber
Clear Ridged Grips
12v Blue Revy w/ PettyPB BallWacker Mod and TurboRev by WickedAirSportz!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 07-25-2001, 04:33 PM #2
I believe an air assist uses a microline to channel spent gas for use in 'pushing' balls down into the feed... This would help in feeding balls faster...

To tell you the truth, I have a friend who has an Adrenaline Angel that use the air assist... he's a veteran of the sport (10+ years) and has used many markers - his opinion of it is that the benefits are pretty much minimal but subject to individual opinion...

But would you need an air assist on a Timmy if you already have the ACE? I figure the air assist to be a way of minimizing chopping balls....
It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:25 PM #3
Paintball Ghost
I am Addicted
I don't think air assist is only for minimizing chops but also increasing rate of fire as it would do in a timmy(maybe(sp) too little to notice or maybe(sp) a great deal). I think intellifeed is an option with the board coming out from defiance.
Old 07-31-2001, 10:43 AM #4
Anarchy JS
I think you both might be a bit off target.In fact, air assist is used to allow you to get that extra 1 or 2 shots in when shooting sideways, or horizontal.The use seems minimal until you get to where you have to shoot sideways, and youve got a fresh ball feeding, as opposed to an emtpy feed neck.Its not completely necessary, but it doesnt suck to have once its there.IMHO of course for that last part.