PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-29-2004, 09:54 AM #43
SWE_joni

has been a member for 10 years
tricked03cocker

Allright, I'm sorry that I didn't read the entire post. I have read it earlier, but I obviously forgot that fact. Now, that doesn't give you the right to insult me. You did have some incorrect facts as well in your post (you said that you can't shortstroke an e-mag). I wasn't trying to offend you in any way, just to inform everyone so that there wasn't any misunderstandings.
You obviosly took it personally, why I can't understand. Another thing that makes me wonder is how the fact that i misread a post makes me a noob?
FYI, I will not respond to any more insulting and off topic posts, since that only will lead to a flame war.

Have a nice day.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2004, 09:27 PM #44
FlawleZ
Xmodded Karta Emag

Quote:
Originally posted by dahoeb
the amount of air throwing the ball will affect velocity and in return distance. but like it has been said many a time before, if the ball leaves marker "X" at 260fps and marker "Y" at 260fps, guess what; the ball will go the same distance. simple as that. velocity=distance. thats all there is to it, i can't believe people still bicker over the distance debate.
So basically you're saying reguardless of bolt operation, range is equivalent given velocity is the same?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:08 PM #45
dyst0pia
Naptown Ryder

thats exactly what he is saying.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:20 AM #46
B@nZ@i666
Banned

u kno the sweater that tom kaye wore in the lvl10 videos? he should make and sell thoughs sweaters. they look warm and it can have a agd pacth on the breast too. that would be wicked awesome
Old 07-20-2004, 03:55 PM #47
IownAtippyANDimPROUD
OMG A 14B RIGHT THERE!!!

lol YAY SWEATERS!!!!!
i would buy one and wear it all year long

EDIT: lol you said breast... that gave a weird image inside my head (kinda pointless, but i laughed)
Some other custom stuff (joe style full auto, joe-loader, joes lite triggas, silenced sear spring, quickstripable, bench grinder chrome, soon home made rear cocking, LED mod)[pm me 4 details]
Old 08-16-2004, 01:57 PM #48
ClevelandBaller
Banned

if you shoot an 800 psi fixed output HPA tank, i've heard that this is too low and can "Starve" the marker. Is this true and what effects does this have
Old 08-19-2004, 08:12 PM #49
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
800 psi is MORE than enough input pressure i beelive recommended is 600-900 or so so anywhere in there is fine below 700 u MIGHt experience shootdown after like 20+ bps but ul prob never shoot it that fast anyways i have 800 psi in on mine and its enough to get the gun full-auto
Old 08-23-2004, 04:51 PM #50
redfireant3

how well sealed are the automags? im considering a new scenario gun and i live in FL with all the rain ive seen problems in spyders and many other markers where the water enters and contaminates the marker lube.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:30 PM #51
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
mags are WATERPROOF! yes they are..if the marker is aired up u can completely submerge it underwater
Old 08-24-2004, 04:23 PM #52
redfireant3

ok i meant RAIN proof not waterproof but i'd like to see what u are talking about
Old 08-24-2004, 04:42 PM #53
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
rain is water.......i can play in the rain all day without any probs while i see guns go down like flies. if there is air in the marker u can completely submerge it underwater without anything getting into the valve. other than maybe ruining some paint.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:26 PM #54
nt2004

you still better cover the porting on your barrel and if you have powerfeed, cover the hole on it. The marker can take water getting into it but i doubt thats what youw ant to happen. water in the barrel sacrifices accuracy
Old 08-28-2004, 02:29 PM #55
ghideon

A popluar way to clean off mechanical mags was to gas em up (so they're pressurized) and dunk em in the tub.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:02 AM #56
B@nZ@i666
Banned

ya but i wouldnt do it but call me old fashioned!!
Old 09-12-2004, 03:50 PM #57
VSC_Play

This is a test my friends and I preformed. We took a shocker, Autococker, Impulse, Automag, Excalibur, and Matrix. Each marker had the same length freak barrel with the same insert using the same paint, had very good paint barrel match, shooting 280 fps. We shot each marker, using the same trajectory, here is what happend : the Shocker, Excaliber, and Matrix had very flat trajectory. The AC had flat trajectory, but not as good as the ones listed prior. The impulse and automag had tradjectory that was about the same. Because the Shocker, Excalibur, and Matrix had very flat trajectory, they flew the furthest, with the AC coming in next, followed by the automag and impulse. We preformed this test about 50 times, with the impules and automag coming in last. Any spin put on the ball will effect flight, just look at the flatline barrel. I own a mag, and notice that I have to take a higher trajectory with it then with my AC or Shocker to hit someone at the same distance. This is what I witnessed. Am I a scientist, no, just an average ball player; other tests done by other individuals may very, this was just my own experiment.

Last edited by VSC_Play : 09-12-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:37 AM #58
dahoeb
Hail to the chief, baby.

well maybe the velocity on the other markers creeped up and didn't quite settle after you first chrono'ed. or maybe you had them arched ever so slightly, and you couldn't really notice it by looking. theres a lot of different things that could take place without even realizing it. also, take into account the height of the markers. All those markers are stacked designs, except for the automag. So those markers are a few inches taller. Because of that they probably will get a few extra feet. Make sure that the barrels are at the exact same height as the other. These are just a few of the explanations of your results.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:30 PM #59
Nxy69
EastCoastCartel

Nxy69 is a Supporting Member
mags do chop alot, its 600 pounds of pressure pushed onto one paintball, trust me i had one and i shot it with an evo and it made soup
Old 11-24-2004, 06:34 PM #60
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Nxy69
mags do chop alot, its 600 pounds of pressure pushed onto one paintball, trust me i had one and i shot it with an evo and it made soup
not true at all....why dont you see how they really work.

a mag shouldnt chop unles a there isnt a fast enough loader or b u shortsroked it

600 lbs is what makes the trigger go NOT SHOOT THE BALL

the pressure is then regulated WAY down to that LESS than an impulse and pretty much any other gun out ther today.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:43 PM #61
Nxy69
EastCoastCartel

uh huh then what is a lvl 10 for then
Old 11-24-2004, 07:10 PM #62
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
so that if a ball is halfway in instead of breaking it it bounces off it and resets(well thats the theory)

the same ball in the same position in any other gun including non lvlX mag would chop it...yes even a timmy running at 60 psi(tested)

lots of guns also claim to have anti-chop systems most of which mechanical versions dont work well ie ..spyder jam bolts.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:21 PM #63
Nxy69
EastCoastCartel

i also heard that u can stick your finger in a lvl 10'd mag and have it feel like nothing, also close bolt guns are more accurate then open bolts, and i would say a dm4 is more accurate then a mag