Montreal NRG is currently seeking athletes (min 14 years old) to compete at both the professional and minor league level on WGN Superstation’s new paintball tournament series. The World Paintball League (WPL) and the Ultimate Arena Paintball League (UAPL) will debut this fall and be televised to over 61 million viewers.
WGN is part of Tribune Co., the fourth-largest Media Company in America and can be seen on both cable as well as satellite TV. Starting November 5th 2005, competitions will be broadcast on nationwide TV on Saturdays at 12pm EST, Sundays at 7pm EST with a Thursday evening slot to be added soon.
The format is 3-Man speedball in a 50'X100' arena with 15 bunkers and a center flag. There are 24 Pro teams in the WPL split between 3 conferences divided as Eastern, Central and Western.
The UAPL also has 3 conferences with three levels of competition split between AAA (Div 1), AA (Div 2) and A (Div 3) with the AAA players having the possibility of being drafted into the WPL.
As part of the Eastern Conference, Montreal NRG will compete against the following 7 professional level teams.
- Atlanta Strange
- DC Shooters
- Jacksonville Raiders
- Miami Nemesis
- New England Distortion
- Pittsburgh Smoke
- Tampa Bay Warriors
Those selected for the 5 Pro slots will receive a full sponsorship package that includes equipment, apparel, and tournament as well as travel expenses.
Those selected for the 15 minor league slots will receive a sponsorship package based on their divisional level with the AAA athletes immediately being selected to replace any openings at the Pro level.
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Follow a rigorous training schedule and attain or exceed performance objectives.
- Commit to practicing several times a week with a majority of time spent with the team in Montreal Quebec. Practices will consist of both paintball and fitness training during weeknights and weekends. You must provide your own transport to most practices and you will have some weekends off.
- Take time off work, school or other commitments to attend tournaments and practices. Tournament travel should normally be Friday evening with return either Sunday night or Monday morning.
- There will be a total of 7 competition events and at least one exhibition game scheduled between November 2005 and June 2006. Events will be held within the territory of the Eastern Conference. You may miss one event per season.
- Commit for the entire 2005 – 2006 season.
- Serve as spokesperson and representative for the team and its sponsors.
These are just the minimum requirements to be a potential candidate.
If you would like the opportunity to play paintball on network TV and believe that you have what we are seeking, please contact us to be scheduled for a tryout at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email should include the following information:
- Location: city & province or state
- Contact phone number
- Best time to contact you