PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 PM #1
Ryantheeskimo
Cerebral LOLsy

Ryantheeskimo is a Supporting Member
What do you guys think of my situation..?

Ok, I'm a customer, and I only realized how important it is for me to be loyal to my local shop once I read this forum. I'm glad it isn't exclusive to only field/shop owners, because it greatly helped me as a customer Thanks, you guys rule. Anyway, I need some advice, and I'd better start from the beginning for you all to better understand my situation. Bear with me please

SO this shop I go to is awesome. It's got a pretty small indoor reball field, and a small proshop... But the place is super fun to play at, and its very affordable. The tech/owner at the store is awesome, he's helped me out a ton. And I feel kind of like I might annoy him or something, even if he doesn't show it, because I always ask all the stupid kind of questions that you guys were talking about in the "customers say the darndest things" thread. (well, maybe not AS stupid, but still, newb questions.) Anyway, I've been active in paintball for about 4 months now, and I've learned a LOT from this site and from the shop. Now to my problem:

I've moved on to my second gun, taking a big step into the world of EP guns as opposed to the blowback gun I'd been used to (Diablo Mongoose Reincarnation). I was torn for a long time between an Ion and a Diablo Wrath. To make a long story short, I decided on getting one of those new AR-1 guns, because I was told by everyone in the diablo forum on this site as well as the tech in the local shop that the ar-1 is BASICALLY an LED version of the wrath, besides a few minor downgrades (feedneck, different board cap, no milling, etc) SO assuming that everything that fits the wrath would fit the ar-1, like I'd been told, I went ahead and had the guy special order me one, since he doesn't have them in stock at the store. I also got a bunch of ups, all of which fit, EXCEPT the T-board and ramping chip from scenario dreams... Which the only reason I ever got the ar-1 over the wrath in the first place is because I figured I wouldn't be needing an LCD screen if I was putting the new board in. Only to find out by the manufacturer of the baord that it won't fit because the ar-1 has a membrane pad that is not compatible with the board. That's problem # 1.

Problem #2 is that I had blown my low pressure hosing near my LPR on my ar-1 because, being a newb, I was stupidly messing around with the LPR adjustment a little too much and... well, lets just say I messed up and learned from it. I had the hosing replaced however, and the gun works fine now.. I've only shot MAYBE 100 balls through it though, so its still PRACTICALLY brand new.

SO this finally brings me to my actual question to you guys, being shop owners.. I'm super bummed about the board not fitting. Had I known it wouldn't fit, I would have just gotten the diablo wrath instead. Do you think it's wrong of me to ask him if I can trade that ar-1 in towards getting a wrath? (like, giving him the ar-1 + some $$ for a wrath?) I'm kinda afraid to ask that of him since he ordered that ar-1 for me, and spent money doing so. I'm sure he'll eventually sell it again, but I'd still feel bad. I REALLY want that board and ramping chip and I really really like the wrath/ar-1 design... So do you think, as an owner, that you'd have a problem if a customer asked that of you? having just bought a gun from you like 4 days ago, then asking to trade it in slightly used towards one that's almost exactly the same ..??

Idk, I hope this isn't just a useless thread. Thanks for any feedback.

Btw, you guys are awesome. I'm stickin to the local shops from now on
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2005, 12:02 AM #2
inpayne (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
should of got the ion
Old 07-22-2005, 12:03 AM #3
Ryantheeskimo
Cerebral LOLsy

Ryantheeskimo is a Supporting Member
I didn't ask what gun I should've gotten... I asked if anyone has any input to my actual questions.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 AM #4
inpayne (Banned)

well i would ask him or sell it on bst and get a new wrath i guess
Old 07-22-2005, 12:09 AM #5
Vancity604
Totally Radical.

even though i do not own a shop, if you told him your situation he would probably do it.
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 AM #6
tiddley

ask him if he you could get something off from the ar1 but dont be overly optimistic with how much you want and thumbs up for supporting your local store

Ohio Bobcats
Old 07-22-2005, 12:45 AM #7
win_slow4
azodinpaintball.com

win_slow4 is a Supporting Member
win_slow4 is a founding member
Ryan,
PM JDMOTO about fitting the T-Board in the AR-1. I haven't taken a look at it, but there may be a way to rig the board to work with the membrane pads. I'll try to go look at some pictures and see if it's possible, but jdmoto will probably know off the top of his head or be able to figure out a work around. He's very familiar with the Dragun/One Kit/Spring return ram setup.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:13 AM #8
retartedpaintballer

not being a manufacturing defect- the gun can't be sent back as bad, being used (even if only 100 shots) it cant be sold as new

if you came into my shop i would offer you this deal- i would sell you an ion/wraith whatever and offer to sell the ar-1 on consignment in case you are unfamiliar with that, it would sit on the used gun wall and when it sold you would get a check in the mail. i would push it to my other customers instead of a different new gun if i was close with you, otherwise i would let it speak for itself and explain the situation to anybody interested (my store does not buy used equipment)
Old 07-22-2005, 07:38 AM #9
waylander382 (Banned)

Go to the store and tell him what happened and if he is reluctant in any way then just ell him its ok and try and sell it on here. Then later buy ur wrath.
If I was a store owner I'd do it but if you ever did something like this again you would no longer be in my good graces. Just gotta remember he has to put up with alot of crap runnin a store.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:03 AM #10
paintball8869
Factory Cert. Timmy Tech

Annual Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a founding member
paintball8869 supports Pev's Paintball
paintball8869 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball8869 is Legendary
As a small store owner myself, I dont mind too much if people do that. As long as it is not every month they're doing it. But also keep in mind that your gun that you paid let's say $200 for (I'm not sure on the price, I've got my own guns that I push and that's not one of them) you're probably only going to get $125 for. That's about what I would offer you for it as I'd be selling it used at 150-170 most likely, just to get it sold and make a few bucks. Remember he cant give you anywhere near what you paid for it because it has to be worth it to him to make that deal and he cant sell it as new anymore.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:17 PM #11
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Tough situation. Over-pressuring the marker enough to blow hoses can cause other long term issues.

I wouldn't do a swap + cash. Most likely I'd do a 15% restocking fee + shipping to NJ to have it looked over by NPS.

We buy used AR-1's for $152.15. I've created a "Blue Book" of used prices. We buy used at Jessie's Blue Book wholesale.

New marker owners messing with regs happens _daily_. I have stickers for regs warning them that they can cause major damage if they're just tinkering with the reg.

The AR-1 rips without a new mobo. Use it for 3 months until a mod board comes out. Or buy a Wrath frame.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:18 PM #12
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpayne
should of got the ion
why do you insist on posting random things in this forum that have almost absolutely nothing to do with the subject?