Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-09-2002, 07:08 PM #1
marc
There is no spoon

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs down Generation E-Sports off to a bad start >:(

Wednesday June 26:
My brother calls Airtech (they fixed his manifold back in march so he wanted to speak to the same tech, who had his marker back in exactly one week, from our door back to our door) to get his regulator replaced since he just started having problems with it. They tell him to call Generation E-Sports

My brother calls Generation E-Sports telling them the problem. The tech guy said no problem we'll replace the regulator just send it in. My brother asked them to not send the reg back via UPS. The guy once again stated it wasn't a problem, but leave a note in the box saying that.

Thursday June 27:
My bro writes up a letter saying the problems he is having and states clearly in the letter to not send back via UPS (it was even bolded). We packed it all up nicely with packing foam and air cushions and sent it out via Priority mail, which only takes 3 days to get to NY from where we are (even though its only a 5 hour drive)

Tuesday July 9 (quite the turnaround compared to airtech, which is farther than NY and was a more difficult task):

We come home to find a banged up packaged in our door step courtesy of UPS. The box was the EXACT same box we sent it in WITHOUT any additional tape to cover up the seams they opened. We pick up the box (shipped by UPS, of course) to find one side is partially open. The box is rather light. We open up the box we sent almost 2 weeks ago to find it empty. No regulator.
I've been studying the box and i see what they did, they partially opened it, took out the regulator and i have no idea if they put a new one in or not because there is NO additional tape than what we put on when WE shipped it.

Call up generation e-sports and i'm greeted by an answering machine. They'll be using ear drops for the rest of their lives when i'm done with them.

I hope some one from Generation E-Sports reads this because they have a real problem on their hands and they better start thinking of what to say to me tomorrow.

Off to a bad start guys.

Last edited by marc : 07-09-2002 at 07:16 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2002, 07:18 PM #2
Predator3

ok well i can understand how pissed you are about the box being shipped by UPS, but did you ever think that someone handling the package opened up the box and took the regulator?

This bull**** happens all the time....i've lost about $300 shipping through UPS.....they are such weiner biters, after i lost the first item...($50 and a nice pen for my B-day) i called them and they said: "we aren't responsible" so i just yelled and screamed at them and they hung up on me and i just called back for a full hour yelling and screaming, however, when i got a new person on the phone i explained nicely w/ a same bull**** answer so the yelling and screaming continued....

Maybe a paintball player working at UPS (United Penis Suckers) saw where the package was sent to and took it out and continued the shipping

My recommendations: call Gen-E and tell them what happened and say how one of THEIR workers messed up the procedure and they will hopefully replace it

Good Luck

please watch your language, thanks.
Centerflag Dynaflow 68/4500
My LOADER:
Ricochet 2K

IM me at Quietflightsf38 for info on for sale items.

Last edited by Fatty : 07-09-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:46 PM #3
marc
There is no spoon

one of THEIR workers DID mess up and in more then one way.

1. Sending the package via UPS when asked repeatedly not to.

2. By using the same packaging we did WITHOUT any extra taping or anything. Everything we sent in the box we got back (including the box) sans regulator. The UPS description printed by Gen E-Sports even said "Regulator Replaced" but there was no regulator in the box and the box wasn't even taped up, that's the worst part.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:52 PM #4
Predator3

no extra taping? then that means that the regulator probably fell out of the box.... are you sure that maybe it wasn't added on and then sumone cut it?
My LOADER:
Ricochet 2K

Old 07-09-2002, 08:35 PM #5
marc
There is no spoon

POSTIVE.

When we taped it up we taped ALL the seams.

On the top left seem there was a label describing the contents (for customs).
When the box came back, that left seem was open, the label was torn (the customs label that WE put on) and there was NO additional tape on it, or else it would've been on top of our label, and there was nothing.

I wish i could take a pic of it, but the tape is clear and it wouldn't come out in the pic very well.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:59 PM #6
Predator3

Slap them Gen-E *****es then
My LOADER:
Ricochet 2K

Old 07-10-2002, 09:50 AM #7
Dave

Dave is a founding member
Marc,

I work in the same building as Gen-E, the people who work there are on top of their stuff. It is very unlikely that they would have shipped a box without taping it up. In fact there's a real good chance that customs opened the box to inspect the contents.

I talked to the same tech you did and was baffled by your claims. Your best bet to get help is to call them and speak to a person instead of posting on the internet.

They are in the office M-F 9am-5pm (EST) call between these times and someone will help you.

dave/ toxic
Old 07-10-2002, 10:47 AM #8
Methuselah
I Wish...

Methuselah is a Supporting Member
My 2 cents

Regardless of what happened, UPS automatically insures any package for $100...so you'll at least get that.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:53 AM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
bad experience

I'd bet any money it was customs that did it. I've never once had a package, that was inspected by customs, come back to me in any reasonable condition. Half the time, as you said they don't even bother to retape your package. They're government, union employees who get paid well, and basically can't be fired unless they kill someone(hardly any sarcasm here). The result.......crappy work habits, and little or no attention to details.
I live on a border town and ALWAYS have my packages sent to the closest town on the U.S. side. I pick it up myself and everything is fine. I learned that lesson long ago.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 07-10-2002, 03:38 PM #10
Angel Abuser

Its true...A while back when i ordered a bolt kit, trinity, volumizers and o-ring kits from fatty i got everything back in a loose sack, no joke. THe parts were previously in boxes of their own to protect them but customs tore it appart and then threw all the contents into one big bag and shipped it to me that way. I open the package to find a jumble of parts that was my bolt kit and all the o-rings in the bottom of the bag all over the place.

In short...costoms screws you over.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:44 PM #11
MstrKey

Customs

Remember how good a job they do when some crazy politician wants to give them even MORE power. Heh......
Oddly enough just after I posted my last message here, a guy came into work complaining about the same thing. He just got something from somewhere and it was all ripped up.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 07-10-2002, 03:44 PM #12
Dave

Andrew,

There is another reg on the way to you, well taped, and well packed. If it's messed up this time it's customs/ups'/evil package gnome's fault. We have made a claim with UPS for the old reg.

It should arrive shortly according to the Gen E folks.

Oh we tracked down your letter too, there was no mention of UPS at all.

thanks,
dave/ toxic
Old 07-10-2002, 04:32 PM #13
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

Does Gen E have a site?
Old 07-10-2002, 05:52 PM #14
marc
There is no spoon

Thanks Dave i appeciate that.

I wrote that being very upset, i tried did my best to keep it under control.

THe good news is they're shipping out a new regulator, bad news is we have Beach Blitz this weekend and the reg won't get here in time.

Customs may have opened the box, but i don't see where Gen E Sports did any additional taping that customs opened, i could be wrong. COuld have also been a mistake.

Another thing that got me really angry was Gen E-Sportz only declared the contents inside the package as $1.00, so if UPS did screw up, we'd only get a dollar back.

However, i'm glad to say Generation E Sports is clearing everything up.

Dave, please re-check that letter, here is an EXACT copy of it

Hi, my name is Andrew *******I have been having some problems with my Centerflag regulator. I was told to send it to you guys to be replaced.
My address is **********. My postal code is ********* Please do not send back UPS (brokerage).

Thanks you very much
Andrew *********

anyways, thanks for clearing it up so fast, however it would have been nice to be able to have the marker up for Beach Blitz, and please no one suggest using another regulator because that voids the warranty.

thank you VERY much
Old 07-11-2002, 12:17 PM #15
MstrKey

Beach Blitz

HEY! I'll be at the Blitz too I was supposed to play the 10 man friday with the whackers....but I wasn't able to make it. So I'll be playing with a couple of them in the 5 man.....not sure which team name we'll be using though. It'll be good to see another matrix user or two ripping people up .

Old 07-11-2002, 06:01 PM #16
marc
There is no spoon

well one matrix will be down because the new reg won't get here in time

that's why i was really upset.... now i think we'll be missing out on beach blitz
unless the new reg arrives tomorrow, which i doubt will happen
Old 07-12-2002, 04:15 AM #17
-=lii=- god

UPS SUCKS! god that felt good. im glad im nto hte only one who hates them wiht a passion.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:06 AM #18
Dave

UPS is far and away better than USPS, they're a bunch of fools.
dave/ toxic
Old 07-12-2002, 11:06 AM #19
marc
There is no spoon

Hey Dave
thanks for clearing it all up

UPS has always given me problems, at least with USPS they drop it off at the post office and we have to go pick it up.

I feel safer knowing that i'll be picking up my package, than UPS just leaving it at my door waiting for it to get jacked.

UPS even charges us brokerage sometimes.

I bought the tungsten hammer for my merlin from Pro PB and UPS jammed it in my garage door, when i opened it up the hammer was fine but the spring was all bent.

So pro PB sent me a new spring for free and i also bought a Stainless Steel IVG and sear lug, came out to like 12 bucks. UPS arrived at my door and charged me 60 bucks for brokerage. Needless to say i was upset.

I can't stand UPS