Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-22-2005, 08:42 PM #22
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblyGoop
I'm thinking you both need talons with 20gram quick changes on the speedball field.

Yes..you can call it name calling because you guys sound like jerks. The guy obviously isn't a super gun techie so he doesn't know. You made your point and were vvery nice in the beginning of the thread, timmy owner, then you acted like he had to tell you because DragonTES was spouting out the "paintball word" as you must thought he sounded. That started about post #9. Till them..you sounded pretty normal Timmy_owner

Shutterspeed - #5 and #14 posts sound like you are just trying to be a jerk. You know you are right..people in the forum generally know you are right about the techincal points..so why sound like a jerk to the guy? He will learn more and understand more. Having people that continue to contribute useful, even if repeated, information is not bad for anyone. He doesn't have to prove that his gun shots faster cause of the mod..he's happy with it. We all know he's not correct and that his test is pretty inconclusive..but he's happy.

M3frontman - i've read many of your posts before and normally you aren't a wanker..but this is very wankerish. I don't believe either you nor shutterspeed actually designed the noids or the guns in question (unless you two are mechnical engineers..are you?). If you want to post actual stats of the noid drop speed, the mechnical cycling rate, and the cycling rate of the other components..I'd believe that you know what you are talking about and would consider you an authority on the matter. In the end..i think you know as much about paintball guns as I do..which isn't everything..but certainly isn't nothing. I'm actually an auditor..and only thing really "admissible" would be engineer documents in this case. i don't need to have designed the noids or the guns in question, i know how they work. nor do i need to be a mechanical engineer when such information is very availible for access to anybody wishing to find it.

blowback internals will easily cycle between 40 and 60 cps. anybody experienced with blowbacks can verify this. the internals are the only other components who's cycle rate need be known.

electromagnetic solenoid: we all know that electricity moves much faster than both springs or air. it would make sense that this would cycle faster than the internals due to its already small travel rate and that it is returned by a small spring with less travel and overall compression than the main spring. and as mentioned above, information is easily availible.

i do believe this to be the electromag used in blowback markers.
http://solenoidcity.com/electromagnet/e-66-100p1.htm
this link is to more data on the same solenoid.
http://solenoidcity.com/electromagnet/e-66-100p2.htm

even if i am incorrect in remembering dimensions and therefor ID'ing the solenoid correctly, as you can see simply by looking that all solenoids listed are quite fast and would not have a problem cycling faster than the markers internals, although dwell settings would have slight changes on this, because the solenoid can not reset until power is removed. if you had a dwell of 50 ms on an electromagnetic solenoid, 3 things would happen

1. the solenoid, like the board, would cycle 20 times per second with the 50 ms gap
2. batteries would die very quickly
3. you would have double and possibly triple firing due to the internals cycling 2-3 times faster than the board will actually allow as far as firing rates.

the point is though that even if you quintupled the time the solenoid needs to cycle, it would still match the board, meaning that at a *useable* dwell, the solenoid would definately outrun both the stock board, and the internals. and yes, dwell will effect the solenoid on a blowback. i tested this with my t-boarded tessy before it was traded off. PimpedJt3.5 heard the sound clips i recorded and can vouch for this.

All i'm saying to m3front, shutter, and timmy is..tell the guy nicely..he will learn just as you have..and he'll come back and offer more to the dragun community. Insult him and be combative and he'll just find this forum and the dragun community a waste of energy.

i.still.hate.you.minimum.post.length.

I see now, I see."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 PM #23
staitdown

staitdown donated to help Peyton Trent
staitdown owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ShutterShooter... Do you have a thread that details the upgrades/changes that you have done on Draguns? Thanks
Old 07-22-2005, 10:26 PM #24
ShutterShooter

There's a few threads around, but search is down, but I was still able to dig up these:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5&page=1&pp=21

http://s3.invisionfree.com/LivePaint...?showtopic=896
(updated video on second page)

Also jayloo.com has two of my videos on there.

What's messing is info on when we got our TES's then upgraded them with ONE kits I do have pics of that though.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:19 AM #25
DragunTES420
$ This Is My Theme-Park $

DragunTES420 donated to help Peyton Trent
Cool man thanks for sticking up for me. And hes right i dont know everything about paintball guns. Like i said i didnt test it with paint so i didnt encounter the "TIME DELAY". But it does make the noid click faster i will tell you that. My ears dont lie to me.

www.macrolineguy.com
GWC Council
Old 07-23-2005, 01:45 AM #26
timmy owner
Towelie Wants You!

But you said it increased 3-5bps
where'd you get that from? your ears? (not to flame you)
Old 07-23-2005, 01:48 AM #27
DragunTES420

I just figured it sounded like it was clicking 3-5 more times than it previously was per second or couple of seconds whatever.

www.macrolineguy.com
GWC Council
Old 07-23-2005, 07:59 AM #28
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

thats cool. as long as you're happy with it. i've done stuff that i felt increased speed too but i later realized it wasn't quite possible that i was right. but if people insist on the name calling i can go dig up any data i need to support one thing or another.. lol.

I see now, I see."
Old 07-23-2005, 11:38 AM #29
GoblyGoop

If you want to shot better, DragunTES, get a faster trigger, barrel kit for accuracy and less breaks (I like my J&J Edge..cheap and accurate (80$)). Thy won't make the gun shot faster, but YOU will be able to fire the gun faster. If you don't already have one..get a Egg, halo (b, frontman..something), or reloader (2 or B).

Thnks M3 and shutter and timmy for showing how cool, smart, and friendly the dragun community can be.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:58 PM #30
DragunTES420

Im planning on gettin a Stiffi (.689), one of the new acp blue bolts when they come out, better one trigger, then a macdev gladiator,and then some kind of hopper. But i have no money right now so i have to wait untill friday so that kinda suks

www.macrolineguy.com
GWC Council
Old 07-23-2005, 01:10 PM #31
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragunTES420
Im planning on gettin a Stiffi (.689), one of the new acp blue bolts when they come out, better one trigger, then a macdev gladiator,and then some kind of hopper. But i have no money right now so i have to wait untill friday so that kinda suks
excellent choice in the stiffi and gladiator, as well as the trigger. for hoppers.. halo TSA frontmans suck. had one. same as the reloader two, its just another agitation hopper. go with an eggy, halo B or reloader B. as far as the blue bolt, the color i can garantee will be read as a ball during quicker ROF's. either dye the bolt black, or simply buy a black delrin bolt such as the superfly.

I see now, I see."
Old 07-23-2005, 01:16 PM #32
DragunTES420

Wow that kinda suxs about the bolt i really like those. So pretty much i have to get a black bolt or atleast one that i can dye black so the eye wont see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=47 236

^^^What about this one..

Edit: I would only get the Egg if i did buy a hopper. Every thing esle is
1. To much money 2. Or just doesnt catch my eye

www.macrolineguy.com
GWC Council
Old 07-23-2005, 06:54 PM #33
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

i'm pretty sure that as long as you used a good strong mix of dye you could dye the blue bolt and keep its flow and low weight properties..

I see now, I see."
Old 07-23-2005, 06:58 PM #34
ShutterShooter

Can the eye really still see the blue bolt? It might be dark enough of a blue for the eye not to see. But if it does you can dye it.

Just get some RIT dye, boil water with the dye, turn the heat on low, put the bolt in there and constantly move the bolt around. It took me about 30mins to get my jam bolt a nice black even color.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:28 PM #35
DragunTES420

cool well i still might get that blue bolt as long as dying it wont affect its performance.

www.macrolineguy.com
GWC Council
Old 07-23-2005, 11:07 PM #36
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
The eye on my T1 sees the Blue Bolt. I have tried the stock bolt, jam bolt, bandit bolt, tiger shark, and Blue Bolt. I think the Blue Bolt is the best of them.

I dyed my Jambolt black and my eye on my TES still seen it. Go figure.

This picture shows my Jambolt.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 07-25-2005, 09:06 AM #37
GoblyGoop

Wow..you were able to get your bolt really black. I got the jam bolt..but wasn't impressed at all with it. Might have to give it another shot..i think its slightly longer than the original bolt.

Stiffi's are the hot barrel right now. My favorite is still the old Dye stainless one piece, but its like a .690, but the JJ still outperforms. Just make sure your barrel matches the paint you are going to play with. ACI Phat Barrel System is another good choice if you want to be different.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM #38
qhimq
Tragic

it maybe possible for him to go faster cuz the sear might have been super high in the body causing tons of friction with the striker. but i doubt it.
DRAGUN B/S/T

(AIM: qhimq)(Yahoo: qhimq) (PBR: qhimq)
Old 08-02-2005, 12:49 PM #39
#1 N00B (Banned)
Banned

yay
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 PM #40
T1rippaman
Have a homebrew

T1rippaman is a Supporting Member
why the heck did you post "Yay" !!??? you send an old thread to the top for what reason? There's no point and its stupid to do. Read the rules:

"2. If a thread has been dead for a while, leave it alone, especially if your only purpose in reviving it is to spam. "

Kanye West copy and paste
Ur Gayfish!!! `if you think Kanye is Gayfish!

2009 Alien Independence