PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-20-2005, 07:43 PM #1
kez1551 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
New Store opened!!

My online store is now online and running the link is : www.paintball007.com gimme comments i know kingman prices are high that will be changed I havent finished addign all guns u can ask fro any gun u want and i can get it for u regardless whether its on my site. Have fun surfing it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 PM #2
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Who is your host? The site seems REALLY slow (I have a full T1 with only one laptop on it).

I normally don't reply to obvious spam, but I wanted to see if we can use this as an example. Maybe we should sticky this thread and let others say "check out my online site/store info site/field site" kind of thread to help each other out? I think it may actually be a decent idea. Don't close this thread YET.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:37 AM #3
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
I hate to rain on your parade...but I've seen quite a few sites that specialize just in marker sales pop up recently and not one has survived more then a few months, and I have to assume by the inventory you are keeping that you are drop shipping or JIT (just in time) ordering. BIG mistake....fastest way to get very upset customers.

You are better off choosing one marker and specializing in it, as chances are people will shop somewhere they can get a halo, barrel, gloves, and marker all at once instead of a place that just has markers.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 AM #4
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Good advice.

Markers net the least profit (and sometimes a loss if shipping/insurance is excessive).

Drop-ship retailers never last. PBFanatics was one big recent failure.

I still can't see a need for the site. Try something different, maybe chase one marker type as said previously. Try finding unique products others aren't stocking. Try having better descriptions than others, more pictures, or maybe a video tech section for those who bought from you.

--dada
Still love him.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:45 PM #5
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

Agreed. Focus more on certain products instead of offering everything. My dealers who stock inventory sell the most product. The drop shippers are one here and one there.

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:26 PM #6
kez1551 (Banned)

umm i just put up the site its not like im done aqnd just gonna do markers gimme a break cmon i just opened it
Old 07-22-2005, 05:46 PM #7
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
Okay, but I wouldn't go advertising your site till its 100% ready to go...or you'll get people who will always associate your name with only selling markers, or ect...
Old 07-22-2005, 06:09 PM #8
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kez1551
umm i just put up the site its not like im done aqnd just gonna do markers gimme a break cmon i just opened it
You definitely do not want to advertise a website until it is complete. People generally give sites ONE chance before it is listed in their brains as "no go."

Also, you want to make sure the items that you have are ready to ship. People won't give you a second chance if it takes weeks to get an item to them. Better to not even list something you don't have in stock!

--dada
Still love him.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:01 PM #9
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Do you actually have the stock in hand or are you "drop shipping". If you don't actually have the inventory, please remove the in/out of stock and quantity flags.

BTW, I NEVER purchase online unless I'm certain the item(s) are in stock and can be shipped promptly. If you do drop ship, your stock flags are deceitful.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:35 AM #10
Rm_Guru
AKA_JuNiOr

The Site Looks Great! Good job! Sorry for the horde of questions all these other fellas are throwing at ya. I will simply answer your question as you wanted everyone to do... Once again, I think your site looks swell.