PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-20-2005, 03:40 PM #1
bunkerdive
War Eagle

is it worth it?

So I really want to go to the Denver Tourny right? Well one problem, my parents have no money due to paying hospital bills for me recently having cancer. I have not been anywhere but my house and the hospital for a whole year, so I really want to go some where. I was going to go to the beach with my friend but for some reason the trip was cancelled. I really love paintball and want to go watch this tourny (my first)so badly. I applied for the Make-a-Wish Foundation but they have not contacted me yet.(I guess there are a lot of people on the list before me) So I am left with my last option. I looked in my bank account and I have just enough to go to Denver. That will be my gas money, insurance, and anything else I want to do in the near future until I am capible of getting a job.

I think it would be worth it but do you?

Our arrows will blot out the sun...
Then we will fight in the shade
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 PM #2
TommyBahama (Banned)

Just wait till world cup its in Olrando and will be more fun. sucks about having cancer though, im pretty sure Make A Wish only works for kids who are terminal so you really dont want them helping you.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:50 PM #3
bunkerdive
War Eagle

This is the only one I will be able to attend. I cant go to the other because of school. The MAWF is for anyone with a potentially terminal illness. I had one but survived it . Unfortunately I can't say the same for some other kids I met in the hospital . Even if you had it as a young child you can make a wish before you turn 18. So I am a lucky mofo, I survived and now want to have fun.

Our arrows will blot out the sun...
Then we will fight in the shade

Last edited by bunkerdive : 07-20-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:45 PM #4
warriorD
-blazing funk-

has been a member for 10 years
well coming from alabama you really would have had to have left today in order to make it out here to see all three days
Old 07-20-2005, 04:47 PM #5
brattitude
Brat

I don't think anyone can tell you if it's worth it to make the trip but you. We're expected to have the temperature somewhere in the 90s all weekend, with a possibility for showers. Last year it was hot and miserable and I don't expect this year to be any different.

BTW... Congrats on beating the cancer, my company sponsors 14 Make-A-Wish families every year, it's a cool program and I've gotten to host 2 families in the last 2 years.

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
Old 07-20-2005, 07:33 PM #6
dollerbill
You forgot smoking lamp

dollerbill has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dollerbill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattitude
We're expected to have the temperature somewhere in the 90s all weekend, with a possibility for showers. Last year it was hot and miserable and I don't expect this year to be any different.
How are the fields/stands set up at Invesco field? Just like open to the elements bring a hat and wear sunscreen, or is there any kind of roof on the stadium or anything to provide shade?

Edit: Or, is it even in the stadium at all? Is it in like the parking lot or something?

"Originally posted by Kotf:hrmmmmmmm... let me take a puff of my fruitrollup cigar."
Old 07-20-2005, 08:57 PM #7
warriorD
-blazing funk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollerbill
How are the fields/stands set up at Invesco field? Just like open to the elements bring a hat and wear sunscreen, or is there any kind of roof on the stadium or anything to provide shade?

Edit: Or, is it even in the stadium at all? Is it in like the parking lot or something?
its in the parking lot, i would wear and hat and bring plenty of sunscreen as well as alot of water cause u know they will charge you like 5 dollars a bottle
Old 07-20-2005, 09:04 PM #8
Gein

Beg your parents to let you go to World Cup. It'll be better than Denver. School isn't more important than paintball anyway. Plus Alabama is closer to Orlando than Denver. If all else fails you can watch the webcams offered by the Nation. http://www.pbnation.com/store.php?#megacams
7 bucks is cheaper than a plane ticket and everything else you'd have to pay for.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:51 PM #9
empiretimmy53

man skip denver....and wait for PSP world cup in orlando, xball is alot more entertaining to watch...plus it wont be so far for you and you may have more money by then anyways....or if school is an issue, go to PSP Nemacolin in pennsylvania
Old 07-21-2005, 12:05 AM #10
Blazestorm (Banned)
I like me

Blazestorm is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by empiretimmy53
man skip denver....and wait for PSP world cup in orlando, xball is alot more entertaining to watch...plus it wont be so far for you and you may have more money by then anyways....or if school is an issue, go to PSP Nemacolin in pennsylvania
I think you'll enjoy whatever you go to. You should bring extra cash for some soveniers, maybe try to get some signatures from infamous/xsv/dynasty/oakland WHOEVER