PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-31-2001, 02:37 PM #1
Ripper
Wiedemann

has been a member for 10 years
I jsut read that you can't get the bolt wet? After a game I had a ball break in the breech so whne I got home I cleaned out the breech and hoses my bolt off with some hot water.. Same with barral.. Did I screw my bolt up or what.. ? ? Should I do this or not ?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2001, 07:57 PM #2
FreeAgent
BillyC Fan Club Member #1

shouldnt be aprob. i do it all the time. of course make sure to dry it of completely before puttin it back in the gun, but im sure you did that...
Old 04-01-2001, 12:43 AM #3
Ripper
Wiedemann

Defiantly.. What's the differance between getting it wet when playing and cleaning ?
Old 04-01-2001, 04:30 AM #4
Dr. Pham

I wash my barrel with water and have no problems. As for the bolt, I have the orginal stock bolt (made of Delrin) and the DEZign bolt (made of Ertalyte), and for both I just swab with some rubbing alcohol and that's it. Though I'm sure cleaning it in water should be no problem.

I think the thing about water was the concern over water absorption into the bolt and causing it to expand. Somewhat over reactive to say the least.

Delrin is a derivative of Acetal and I quote "Because acetal absorbs minimal amounts of moisture, its physical properties remain constant in a variety of environments. Low moisture absorption gives excellent dimensional stability for close-tolerance machined parts. In high moisture or submerged applications, acetal bearings outperform nylon 4 to 1. Acetal is ideally suited for close tolerance mechanical parts and electrical insulators which require strength and stiffness. It also offers resistance to a wide range of chemicals including many solvents."

Read all you want about it here: http://www.dsmepp.com/products/namer..._namerica.html

In only extreme hot water conditions is there a danger for expansion...we're talking boiling water! If you want to be extra careful wash it in warm water instead of hot. But all in all you should have no problem...Like FreeAgent said, just be sure it's totally dry before putting it back in.
Old 04-01-2001, 06:43 PM #5
Accord
WDP *********

if it wasnt okay to get your bolt wet then there would be some sort of barrier between the bolt and ball because if you chop your bolt will get wet in a way. also if your bolt couldnt get wet you couldnt play in the rain with your angel which you can so yes, it is okay to get your bolt wet.
Old 04-01-2001, 07:55 PM #6
Ripper
Wiedemann

Hhahahahahah.. Damn accord with the common sense.. Doh! LOL.. Thaqnks all..
Old 04-02-2001, 08:14 PM #7
deadnedz
Banned

I thought that when you put water on the bolt, it would expand the bolt?
Old 04-23-2001, 09:48 PM #8
brink

haha thats mean. But oh well. Actually there is a post count, but you have to through too much trouble to look at it.
Old 04-23-2001, 09:53 PM #9
widdow
"Child of the fall"

I do it all the time.
Old 04-24-2001, 05:08 PM #10
Norris

Deadnedz has just as much right to be a member on PBN as you do, he has done nothing wrong. -Accord

Last edited by Accord : 04-24-2001 at 07:43 PM.