PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-19-2005, 05:50 PM #1
ImSoConfused

has been a member for 10 years
"530 mod" (ghetto bonebrake mod)

Ok, this mod is based off the bonebrake mod, not sure if its the exact same thing or anything. But from the pictures that ive seen, and from waht people have said, i think this is pretty close to the BB mod, but for all u cheap skates who cant afford to getit done professionally.

Steps:
-unscrew rear plug and clean
-i then put hte rearplug in a vice, though im sure u can use somethign else to secure it
-then i i just simplly, used a dremel w/ a cutting wheel, and just went straight donw into the little beam close as i felt comfortable to the edges.
- did that to each side of 2 opposite beams. took about 3 minutes total
- u can sand it smoother if u feel the need, though i didnt have any sand paper on me at hte time, and didnt feel it needed it, so just left it.
-then run it under water, and make sure to get all the metal shavings off of it, w/ q-tips and a towel
- lube the orings, and put it back in.

I feel like i could cut more off so it lookes more even w/ it, just didnt feel like taking it out of my gun, and busting out hte dremel again right now. but i will go back and cut off the lil extra soon. I had my lpr at 2 turns, orignally, and lowered it to 1.5 turns. Im not too posotive if i lowered my hyper2 that much, because i unscrwed it a coule rounds, then screwed it in until, it was shooting around 280-300 range ( dont have chrono). shot about a hopper, no drop off. Sorta tested effiecency, by just dryfiring, and watchign the needle on my tank, it was a noticable difference, in it not moving as quick. Gun was noticably quieter.

So.... gains=quieter, less kick, better effieicny, im sure it gives better consistancy, w/ the gained airflow, but dont have a chrono to test that.

creator of the530mod

*530* Farm

Mac Dre Fanclub #1
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2005, 05:52 PM #2
ImSoConfused

oh, and by the way, i had the tape mod, before i did the 530 mod, so all the gains are over, stock bolt, w/ tape mod

creator of the530mod

*530* Farm

Mac Dre Fanclub #1
Old 07-19-2005, 05:53 PM #3
SmartPartsKid (Banned)
Banned

very nice, this mod works awsome! this should be put into a sticky for info.

-Thomas
Old 07-19-2005, 06:12 PM #4
THEBETTERONE
Ruthless

THEBETTERONE is a Supporting Member
Interesting, I might try it, thanks for sharing the info.

Cornerstone Machine Need a quote?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:04 PM #5
N.M.E.kid22 (Banned)
.MURDER.

N.M.E.kid22 is a Supporting Member
would this also work on the dm4 bolts, were the parts u cut are larger????
Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 PM #6
ImSoConfused

im almost posotive it will work fine on dm4/5. but dont hold it to me. i have someone who is doing it to his dm4 right now. but as that this mod can be done through BB on the dm4/5, im sure it will be fine.

creator of the530mod

*530* Farm

Mac Dre Fanclub #1
Old 07-19-2005, 11:15 PM #7
Lil Mike
Audentes Fortuna Juva

Lil Mike is a Supporting Member
Lil Mike plays in the PSP
Lil Mike plays in the APPA D4 division
So this is better than the top hat mod in every aspect?

EDIT: Amazing pool!

OI For Life

My Old Feedback
Old 07-19-2005, 11:38 PM #8
Flesh Eater
Mr. Rook

this is different then the top had mod. what that is doing is alowing a higher flow of air. also one thing you have to consider is the loss of that metal will now be filled with air. because of that you might want to add some more tape to the top hat mod to compensate for the loss of pressure. if you understand what im getting at.

this mod alows higher flow of air but also creates alittle more room inside of the gun so the top hat might have to be moded alittle to get to the same pressure you were running at before you did that.

Yes it is true. I'm back!!

Creator of:
How to Fine Tune your DM4/5/C/Proto
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 PM #9
dairoll
RoyaleW/Cheezburgr

dairoll posts videos on PbNation
That is nothing what Joey at bonebrake does, they do alot with the bolt, somthing like that, and then the trigger swith, 5g, NUTS! and a bunch of other indisclosed items.

deff check them out, www.danbonebrake.com old site but has contact info
Old 07-20-2005, 12:10 AM #10
SmartPartsKid (Banned)
Banned

theres not too much to do to the bolt and we arent talking about the trugger here newb. its a good mod and it lessen's kick and increases airflow.

-Thomas
Old 07-20-2005, 12:27 AM #11
LockDownChris (Banned)
QCK <3

he is talkin about the service bb factory offers "noob"

my friends dm4 has this done not exactly the same but part of the bolt back there is milled out. He also has the tophat done and has incredibly awesome air efficiency and no noticable kick.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:51 AM #12
THEBETTERONE
Ruthless

THEBETTERONE is a Supporting Member
I milled my proto back cap tonight, tested it, worked great, so I did my dm5 too, I only cut one competely out and thinned the other one down a little. I haven't tested the dm5 yet.

Cornerstone Machine Need a quote?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:01 AM #13
Canine
Anti-Scammer

sweet, im going to try this out tomarro
Old 07-20-2005, 02:03 AM #14
pbbuti

o and so you know bonebrake is now no longer a company. they were sued into submission by national paintball supply because when dan bonebrake of "dan bonebrake airsmithing" worked for diablo west he had to sign a document when he quit saying that he would not compete with them because he knew their private and classified information and such. As such by selling and creating products of their own that competed with national paintball supply the parent company to diablo west now they filed a class action lawsuit and sued him into the ground. So go ahead and go to www.paintballfirst.com their website from which they sold products and merchandise and try calling them to order something and the number will be "disconnected" so try and contact Joey Mendoza also a player of bonebrake factory team A which surprisingly no longer exists. So now you know have fun replicating the mods your self. just sit there with a dremel tool and see what you can do to your bolt with tht and a roll of electrical tape.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:10 AM #15
Kevio
I survived ASM grl thread

Wow...so that means everyone who actually had their guns "Officially" bonebraked has a pretty expensive piece of equipment....hmmm.
2004 Buell Firebolt XB12R
Old 07-20-2005, 03:00 AM #16
CoolChad
Papa Chad.

CoolChad plays in the PSP
CoolChad plays in the APPA D5 division
did bonebrake proto's come with the bonebrake mods? the only thing i'm for sure of is that they were acid washed...
Old 07-20-2005, 08:36 AM #17
kylec
Yeah Yeah Yeah!

kylec donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbuti
o and so you know bonebrake is now no longer a company. they were sued into submission by national paintball supply because when dan bonebrake of "dan bonebrake airsmithing" worked for diablo west he had to sign a document when he quit saying that he would not compete with them because he knew their private and classified information and such. As such by selling and creating products of their own that competed with national paintball supply the parent company to diablo west now they filed a class action lawsuit and sued him into the ground. So go ahead and go to www.paintballfirst.com their website from which they sold products and merchandise and try calling them to order something and the number will be "disconnected" so try and contact Joey Mendoza also a player of bonebrake factory team A which surprisingly no longer exists. So now you know have fun replicating the mods your self. just sit there with a dremel tool and see what you can do to your bolt with tht and a roll of electrical tape.
That sucks for them, but when you sign a non-compete agreement you are legally obligated to stick to the agreement. The company I work for made me and my bosses sign non-compete agreements, so we wont. If you go against a legal document that you signed in agreement to, you will be royally sued. Granted, now there wont any new mods by Bonebreak, but some other company will probably step up. Personally, I have no problem sitting with a dremel tool and a roll of tape and seeing what I can do.
Bonebreak mod = Derlin top hat sleeve, milled stock bolt, and board flash = $125
Ghetto Bolt cap mod = roll of electrical tape ($5), borrow a dremel to use (free), get board flashed to M5 at a tourney ($50) = $55
With the saved money you can get the hybrid bolt sleeve and get a nice top hat mod instead of tape. Or, you could get an orange bolt that might come with a top hat mod (some do and some don't). Regardless, doing it yourself is cheaper, and you will save time compared to shipping it in. Plus you don't have to get a board flash that many people don't need. Just the way I look at it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairoll
That is nothing what Joey at bonebrake does, they do alot with the bolt, somthing like that, and then the trigger swith, 5g, NUTS! and a bunch of other indisclosed items.

deff check them out, www.danbonebrake.com old site but has contact info
What else do they do to the bolt? From the pictures I have seen, they add a derlin top hat sleeve and mill the bolt cap for better flow. I haven't seen anything else that looks different. Also, the trigger switch they add is an extra $25 dollars, and from what Joey at Bonebreak posted it was a 25g switch. Also, what are these other indisclosed items? According to one of the posts right above mine, Bonebreak violated a contract and are no longer a company. So, if you are priviledged with these other "unknown" upgrades they do, please share with the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolChad
did bonebrake proto's come with the bonebrake mods? the only thing i'm for sure of is that they were acid washed...
Yes, you got the bolt mods, a milled dovetail on the grip frame, acid wash anno, Bonebreak board flash, lightened trigger switch, heavy duty battery harness, and also Bonebreak jewels where the Proto ones were originally. Plus any indisclosed mods that dairoll knows of.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM #18
JDMOTO
Nationally Known

JDMOTO is a Moderator
JDMOTO is a Supporting Member
JDMOTO is BST Trusted
JDMOTO is a Paintball photographer
JDMOTO donated to help Peyton Trent
JDMOTO is playing at Living Legends III
nice mod... might have bust out my dremel on the dm5...

~~!! JDMOTO Photography !!~~
| Myspace| Blogger | Flickr

Originally posted by asian2dragon
Sex does not sell unless it's named JDMOTO.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM #19
whuzurdabby

re a new idea

ok well i m about to try sumthing else that will work grt wit this mod. i currently had the hybrid bolt cap and tophat. but the bolt cap is so ugly so i lef the top hat mod in, added a little electrical tape to the bottom of the bolt cap so that the top hat mod wud stay in place. now i m going to dremel out the cap . but its like haveing 3 mods in one. hybrid, tape, ghetto bonebrake. if any1 wants pics lmk i can post em
Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 AM #20
the trooper

the trooper is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBETTERONE
I milled my proto back cap tonight, tested it, worked great, so I did my dm5 too, I only cut one competely out and thinned the other one down a little. I haven't tested the dm5 yet.
Keep us informed. Like to see if it is worth it or not.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:50 AM #21
hornyturbo
617, biatch !

I cant wait to try this when I get home from work