PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-18-2005, 07:52 PM #1
Ballistic_paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Question Owning a store and need HELP!!!

I own and operate Ballistic Paintball Supply Inc. in Sandy Utah. I love what im doing and i see a huge future in this business and want to make sure im around then. Right now im 24 years old, married and live in apartment. Like i said i work at the store and am currently working 13 to 14 hours a day and thats on a slow week. I have a lot of product and carry alomost all brands evrything from Spyders to Angels or Dye to JT i have it all. My biggest thing is paint and that i have a ton of. The problem is i know the sport of paintball i can repair markers however i dont know how to advertise very well, also its very hot right now so it is slow and this always concerns me. Please can someone please tell me how i go about getting working capital instead of tying up all my credit, I know there has to be a way to get a business loan or anything would be nice, because for once i would like to take home something and help with the bills and lessen the stress.

Thanks
Nich Sorensen
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2005, 12:13 AM #2
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
Alright, reading your ost a few things stick out to me:
1.) You are concerned about the slow hot season- This puts up a red flag for me. Its okay when you are young but as you continue you need to figure out what your good and bad season are and make plans for that. If you employ people, don't hire before the summer. Be sure to keep a hefty bank roll before the summer. Things like that.

2.) Are you attached to a field? You say your big sale is paint. Any idea where that paint is being used? That is your first priority. Find who is using it and where and target that. Is there a BYOP field nearby? Kids backyards? Try offering a discount for bulk paint or if someone gets their friend to buy a case they save $5.

3.) Get the local schools to support you. Most schools turn up their nose at the idea of having anything to do with paintball. That is till you offer them a marker/mask/tank combo for their PTA tricky-tray. Suddenly you become a PTA sponsor and the school doesn't look down on the occasional ad in the school newspaper.

4.) Road signs- Depending where you are or how close to a major road you need to let people know you exist. They may not drive by and instantly go "I should stop in there" but 2-3 months later when some friend is taking about his paintball adventure they can pull up that memory and comment "Have you heard about that paintball place on Rt 15? I drive by there all the time"

5.) Celebrate youtr customers- Face it, the population of paintballers are vain. They LOVE to see themselves. So have a "wall of shame" where people can bring in pictures of their latest games or groups. It makes them feel attached to your store if their picture is posted on the wall.

6.) Events-Team-info board- Your store needs to be THE hub for paintball. So leave up a small tack board where teams can post about practices, openings and local fields can post about major events they are having. It's always nice to have some oen stop in the shop and just be like "I just wanted to see if there were any tournies this weekend.....oh you wouldn't happen to have any Halo Rip Drives would you? Now that I thin about it I need one of those too"
Old 07-19-2005, 11:44 AM #3
gator44life (Banned)

I do not own a store but what seems to attract me is get 3 ppl to go to local fields and pass out flyers and any major events around you pass out flyers(even if not pb related) have some kid stand out on the side of the road with a cheap pb sign. And you should have a website do you?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 PM #4
Ballistic_paintball

Thanks for all your help. Its getting me started with some ideas.