PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-08-2002, 12:05 AM #1
spyder demon

has been a member for 10 years
bolt kit or new tank

i dont have my matrix yet but i was curious what i should do. I have a pmi pure energy 48ci 3000 psi fixed output tank set at 850 psi should i just get a bolt kit and keep the tank or sell the tank or buy a crossfire 68ci 4500 psi tank set at 450 psi and not buy the bolt kit.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2002, 01:46 AM #2
MackyGOG
MATRIXOWNER.COM AGENT

MackyGOG is a Supporting Member
I seems you are strapped for cash. Go with the tank then save up for the bolt kit. Be sure you can get 4500 fills always, That 48/3000 will get you about a hopper and some change with out the bolt kit.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:00 AM #3
Wulgaru

Even with the bolt kit, you wouldn't get much from the 48/3K. As MackyGOG suggested, I would get a new tank first.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:23 AM #4
msiaematrix
AZ LEGION

The bolt kit is awesome... but you wouldnt get that many shots at all from any marker with a 48/3k.

with any matrix, in any position, you at least nead a 68/4500

but I would definatley pick up a bolt kit when you could afford it.

karnivor~ yea its sick.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:18 AM #5
Wulgaru

A 33% increase over almost nothing is still almost nothing.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:01 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
bolt kit vs new tank

I'll be honest....I have the bolt kit and while it's great there are still a couple things about it I don't like. The first being that it's harder on paint. It's got a very sharp edge on it that likes to cut balls....no matter how low you set your trinity. Second, the chip it comes with only bottoms out at 12.5bps....which means you can still outshoot a rev even on the lowest setting. That combined with the sharp bolt means chops are even more likely(not good). Other then those two things.....I love my bolt kit.
If I had to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I might have been tempted to purchase an 88/4500 tank instead of the bolt kit. That way I have the performance of the stock bolt, with enough air to do a lot of shooting.
If I were you, I'd sell the 48/3000 to some kid with a spyder and put that money towards a higher capacity air tank for now.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:56 PM #7
spyder demon

MstrKey im going to buy a 88ci 4500psi nitro tank i have already sold my tank i think im not gonna buy the bolt kit in the long run i will just buy a trinity and use the big tank
Old 07-11-2002, 11:12 AM #8
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
tank

Sounds good.....one thing I do suggest you get if you stick to the stock bolt is matrix muck. I find it's the best lube to prevent bolt stick with the stock bolt. You'll maybe have to unstick it once at the start of each day....and it'll be good to go after that. Use it liberally.....not just on the orings...but on all the surfaces the orings travel on. Then gas up.....fire the gun...and just clean a bit of the excess off of the tip of your bolt. You'll be good to go.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.