Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-07-2002, 03:34 PM #1
Therapist
~~~TD~~~

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up Review of the Bk0 by Therapist

(sorry no pics)
Since i noticed the lack of some good detailed reviews of the ICD Bk0, i have decided to write one up myself.

I was on the look for a nice, cheap, reliable electro to back up my Gx3 cocker. I noticed when playing the front with my cocker, i would be dusting off sand from my marker. I wanted a marker (the bk0) where i wouldn't care if it got dirty so i could concentrate on the game.

I ordered my blue Bk0($280), Lapco Bigshot($50), and Kapp Dropzone III($55 or sumpthin) from www.actionvillage.com . It came within one week (ordered on a sunday, got on fri.)

First Impressions
The marker itself was sent in a nicely padded box. It came with a small piece of macro line, 2 macro line fittings (one already on the reg), a barrel (sux), 2 allen wrenches, and of course, a manual. The marker itself was very very light. The trigger was set very long, which is ok. The body's milling actually is pretty nice. I liked it. The anodizing seems a little thin and you can see some markings of scratches or sumpthin from milling. I immediatly set up the Drop Zone III, an on/off, put on the Lapco, and got my Crossfire 68 4500 ready.

Adjustments
The first thing i adjusted was the trigger. The trigger is very light and can be set very short. One of my complaints is it is a little too light, there is no front trigger stop, and the loctite is a pain to put on (requires removing the set screws, which takes patience). I noticed when trying to fan/walk the trigger, the micro switch was pressed everytime but the solenoid activated in stragne erratic patterns instead of a steady 10 bps which i expected when i fanned it. It didn't bother me since in the game, i never fan the trigger.
I then proceeded to gas up my marker. The gauge showed erratic varying pressures when i tried to adjust the reg. I don't know if it was the reg's or the gauge's fault for the strange readings. Another one of my complaints is i could remove the reg, but i couldn't replace it with my ANS Phase II. The lpr got in the way. The manual says the lpr is where most of the velocity adjusments would be done. I set the inline to around 230psi and decided to wait for tommorow at the field (SC village) to mess with the lpr.

At the Field
Velocity was very stable and consistent. Some of my readings repeated itself over and over. I concluded the reg was very good. My only concern is the reg's adjustment screw seemed very easy to turn, which would probably wobble loose while firing requiring me to readjust it. The lpr screw was also very loose and i had to readjust it about 2 times. I also noticed the gun was very very loud even while shooting paint. It was nothing near sounding like a blowback marker though. I think it was because of my Lapco barrel, which doesn't have very much porting.

Game Time
The first game of the day, my team assigned me to play back and move up when given the opportunity. Off the break, i shot the marker very very fast, i was suprprised how fast 10 bps really was. I saw paint bouncing off the my opponents front tape runners but then all of a sudden my marker ceased to shoot. I already chopped a ball! I was very angry but i decided to proceed to play. I pulled the bolt back to dislodge the chopped ball, fired a couple rounds, straight shotted the barrel, and proceeded to play. I noticed it shot very inaccuratly but generally in the direction i fired it. I decided i had to move up in order to hit someone with my now inaccurate marker. I got hit about 30 seconds after i hit the 50. In the 30 seconds i was there, i noticed the gun was very light and easy to maneuver. After the game i realized my gun chopped mostly because my 12v couldn't keep up. Also, the paint wasn't flying very straight at the beginning of the day anyway, the paint sucked. After cleaning out the marker the rest of the day went kind of the same. A box of varying shapes of paint can really ruin the day.

Conclusions
The bk0 held through the hold day. No problems. It chopped twice in the day but i blame the 12v and the strange shaped paint. The gun fires very very very fast. My philosophy is: If you really NEED to shoot more than 10 bps to hit someone, you suck. Yes a higher rate of fire definatly helps in achieving a good hit, but i think 10 is all you really need. This gun would make a great marker for those who like to get in close and not worry about the marker getting dirty. Knowing the gun was very low priced helps you not worry about running the marker into the ground while diving into a bunker. The marker also makes a great back player's marker. I did manage to hit (without breaks, due to bad paint) players off the break when my team assigned me to play back. This gun is a great value, and i highly recommend everyone to purchase one. It makes a great backup marker to your favorite marker (in my case, my Gx3), or a great primary for people who are a little short on cash. This marker seems it should sell for at least $350.

feel free to ask questions
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2002, 03:51 PM #2
defiance

I agree....
But in comparison, if you 'need' to drive 150 to get to the store, you suck...
And yet, I"m still looking forward to some quality tuning time with my 440

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 07-07-2002, 03:55 PM #3
Goldie D Pimp
VAPOR

Goldie D Pimp is a Supporting Member
Uhm?? Defiance? What the heck are you talkin' bout?
Vaporworks For all your ICD Product Needs!
Old 07-07-2002, 05:22 PM #4
defiance

LOL... Sorry, I guess i was pretty vague there
I meant, he had said "if you need to shoot more than 10 bps, you suck", I was just saying, I agree, but I still want to be ABLE to shoot more...
And by comparison, I don't think I've exceeded 70mph in my car in a year or so (I live in town), but I'm getting a Dodge Charger w/ a 440 magnum (I helped build it, and now it's getting turned over to me! yeah!), and... Though I don't NEED to exceed 70, I damn sure want that puppy to be able to

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers