Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-16-2005, 05:59 PM #1
XxcrazymanxX

XxcrazymanxX is a Supporting Member
XxcrazymanxX plays in the PSP
XxcrazymanxX is an NCPA player
Air fill question

Ok i am thinking of starting a feild but the one thing that is stoping me is the air problem! Now i no nothing of the air systems and how they work so here is my question: Where can i get all the stuff you need to fill COMPRESSED AIR TANKS like the tanks the fill station and everthing and how do you refill the tanks that fill the little tanks(4500 psi ones) that go on the gun???

thanks,

John
Central Florida Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2005, 06:24 PM #2
Zus

It really isnt that complicated a lot of fields just let the people fill there own
the main limitation is the cost they cost between 2500-4000 bucks
Old 07-16-2005, 06:24 PM #3
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

dye-playa is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
the best and cheapest way is to get a couple scuba tanks. the tanks will run you about 150-180 a piece new and you'll prolly want 2. the scube fill will be about 40-55 bucks. you can get the tanks at a dive shop (you may need to get someone certified to buy it or explain that they will be used for PB) and the fill station at pbgear.com or your local pro shop might have one. then a dive shop can fill the scuba tanks
or go to a welding supply company and try to buy a used tank but you'll need to be 18 to buy a full size tank and then you have to buy a 400 fill station! and the welding supply company should be able to refill it.

Last edited by dye-playa : 07-16-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:06 PM #4
jeff-fro

jeff-fro is a Supporting Member
If you want to do this the easy way, and not have to pay someone to fill your tanks all the time, then contact the guys at texasairsolutions.com, or send me a PM and I will get your their contact info. He does complete air systems for any size of field and installs the entire setup. There is also a lease to own option if you do not want to dump alot of money right away.

PB Nation Feedback
Old 07-20-2005, 10:04 AM #5
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Air and CO2 fills will kill you in terms of cost.

Compressor systems under $10,000 won't keep up if you are busy. Expect a decent return after 3 years! Remember that filling overhead includes compressor amortization, maintenance costs, supervision salary while compressing and fill station salary. I'd recommend talking with 5 different field owners personally to get a good idea of long term costs.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.