Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-05-2002, 11:06 AM #1
ditangquan
absinthe

ditangquan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lapco Barrel Adapters & Bushy's

I didn't realize that if you ordered your BKO from the factory you could request cocker threads.... so I ended up with one with the ICD threads. The BKO will be my backup to my AKA Viking (once it gets here, its been backordered for 3 months). The Viking takes cocker threads and I was thinking about getting some upgraded barrels for it, titanium boom, freak, whatever.

Here's the question: Are the barrel adapters that convert your ICD threads to cocker worth it? They are 15 bucks online and I was hoping to interchange the barrels between both markers. But I'm worried that putting the adapter on would mess up the dynamics of the hot rod barrel that I'd screw into it since the barrel adapter would obviously have its own bore size.... I can't imagine putting a Freak on an adapter, seems kinda lame.... if not idiotic!

Let me know your thoughts/experience. I sure wish I would have known about the availabilty of cocker threads for the BKO. that would have saved a LOT of $$ on barrels in the long run!

thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2002, 01:04 AM #2
vineas
HO WAH!

Just get a new back for your freak ... that's all that's needed to interchange the barrels. That's actually one of the best parts of the freak. Sure, it's more than the 15 you'd spend on the adapter, but I think it would be worth it. I don't think I'd mess around with those barrel adapters, for the same reasons that you list (mainly having their own bore size would mess up dynamics).
Old 07-06-2002, 08:51 PM #3
disra

For the price of a freak back you could send you gun back to icd and have cocker theads put on there. I just got mine back and it is the best $65.00 I have spent. expecially when you have multiple cocker barrels.