PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-05-2002, 12:31 AM #1
PaintballDude05

has been a member for 10 years
Matrix, E-mag Xtreme, or GZ Timmy?

Hey everyone! I am gettin a new gun sometime, and I want alot of opinions. I want reliablity, high bps, and light weight. Thanks all!
Old 07-05-2002, 12:47 AM #2
Bungie
The One & Only

emag will be the lightest and probably highest ROF, but in reality the GZ Timmy and Matrix are just as fast. with a matrix u cant chop, with a timmy u gotta trust an eye. also everyone has a timmy be different get a matrix
Old 07-05-2002, 05:09 AM #3
red_merkin
Beware

red_merkin is a founding member
emags are very good, but they still tend to chop paint. Timmys are good, but it's still basically a hightech spider (under over blowback semi).
A matrix is a totally gun design, and it has some obvious benifits. The trigger setup is almost identical to an angel, and due to the low pressure bolt, it has very little kick, so it is very accurate. I run about 200 psi out of my tank into the gun. It's very accurate, and very fast, so i don't know what else you'd want on a gun. it never chops paint when the trinity reg is setup properly, and it's not that hungry on air if you get the bolt kit.

basically if you get a stock matrix, and put aardvark upgrades on it, you'll have a really good marker, and it won't break the bank.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:07 PM #4
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
How well does a stock Matrix perform?
When he remembered Zion.

Early man walked away, as modern man took control,
Their minds weren't all the same, to conquer was their goal!
So he built his great empire, and he slaughtered his own kind!
He died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind!
Old 07-05-2002, 12:29 PM #5
Calin

Calin is a Moderator
Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
The stock matrix is actually surprisingly good. The only thing is that you would need to bring a lot of air with you because the math says that the matrix can get like 700 shots off of a 68/4500. There are only two upgrades you need. The bolt kit(for efficiency and the trinity reg to lower the pressure that is applied to the bolt. Then you are set.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:16 AM #6
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
I carry an 88/4.5k adjustable so I should be ok for air.

Aside from the bolt kit and the Trinity, is there anything else that I should know about for the Matrix? Any maintenance tips, tricks, or recommendations?

And where could I get the bolt kit and the trinity reg?
When he remembered Zion.

Early man walked away, as modern man took control,
Their minds weren't all the same, to conquer was their goal!
So he built his great empire, and he slaughtered his own kind!
He died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind!
Old 07-08-2002, 10:14 PM #7
ButterfingersAO

Quote:
Originally posted by red_merkin
emags are very good, but they still tend to chop paint. Timmys are good, but it's still basically a hightech spider (under over blowback semi).
A matrix is a totally gun design, and it has some obvious benifits. The trigger setup is almost identical to an angel, and due to the low pressure bolt, it has very little kick, so it is very accurate. I run about 200 psi out of my tank into the gun. It's very accurate, and very fast, so i don't know what else you'd want on a gun. it never chops paint when the trinity reg is setup properly, and it's not that hungry on air if you get the bolt kit.

basically if you get a stock matrix, and put aardvark upgrades on it, you'll have a really good marker, and it won't break the bank.
All production mags starting with the Extreme E-mag will come with Level 10. When set up right the whole automag family of guns now boast the lowest bolt force of any current production gun.

Level 10 beta testing has proved very favorable chilled hellfire which would break from being dropped onto a workbench from 1 foot has been shown to stop on the bolt of a level 10 mag when intentionally placed halfway into the breach.

For more information click here...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40904

Warpig also did a pig TV segment on Level 10 at the chicago open. Where Kayle put his tounge in the breach of a level 10 e-mag and pulled the trigger continuously as the bolt bounced off his tounge.