PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2002, 10:12 PM #1
Insthink

has been a member for 10 years
My come back to paintball

It started at 10:30am. My father wakes me up from my deep deep sleep (I went to sleep at 5am). He says "Hey my office called, saying there is a package under your name with a 150$ C.O.D, is that your marker?"

Now, I ordered the marker from e-paintball outlet less than a week ago (yes its an impulse) so I was totaly caught off guard!

So I go pick up my marker at his office, pay the custom taxes and shipping (yeah Im in Canada so I had custom taxes). Stop at Canadian Tire, buy a 9v batteries 4 pack, a nice little set of tools.

I go to my old paintball field to test my new marker, I didn't bring anything else, just marker, loader and co2 tank. The ref there was VERY pleased with the trigger (its a New Desingz), so pleased that he filled the co2 tank for himself and went on a shooting spree with it (I didnt mind him using it, he was showing it off for me )

I ended up playing ALL day, from noon to 9pm, the ref gave me a jersey, pants, shoes, mask. I ended up buying myself a Smart Parts red/black jersey with dye black pants and red/black dye gloves. Gave me some bad *** look

I played vs a few members, n00bs which a few of them were quite attractive women :p

In the end, me, a ref and a few other members ended up going to eat. Im going to see a tournament on saturday and checking out the new outside field owned by the paintball field I go to.

Had a great and expensive day, paintball has always been fun, bur also the people playing it.

NOW, here is 2 simple questions

It was a hot day and I was sweating like a PIG!. Sweat would fall in my eyes and blur my vision, hurt my eyes. Im gonna buy a bandanas to go with my outfit, but I wondered what I should get as head gear to stop the sweat to fall in my eyes?

Also, the field was filled with little rocks since it was inside. TONS of rocks got into my shoes. What kind of cheap boots would do the job? I was thinking of going to a military surplus and buy some military summer boots.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2002, 10:51 PM #2
Richy_C
kills people

Get a headband, www.animalpaintball.com carries some really tite ones
Old 07-04-2002, 11:16 PM #3
dropkick
saved the day!

Headband, or the DYE Invision mask. It has the 3-stage foam that prevents sweat from getting in your eyes.

For sweet looking headbands, go to www.bunkerking.tv

undergroundpb.com <---Coming Soon!
Old 07-05-2002, 12:09 AM #4
Insthink

WHy do I have to buy headbands and bandanas from paintball stores? They are more expensive

Couldn't get I headband from addidas or something and a bandanas from walmart that goes well with my paintball gear?
Old 07-05-2002, 12:38 AM #5
skuirl11
WODY KILLA

go to a craft store....
HALO
Tanks Paintball
BigMan Paintball
Dye
Old 07-05-2002, 12:53 AM #6
Insthink

Whats a craft store?

whats that
Old 07-05-2002, 08:37 AM #7
NJinten告ty

I think everyone figured by the fact that you bought a jersey, expensive pants, and expensive gloves on a spurt of the momemt type deal that you wouldnt mind spending another 9-13$ on a headband that looks cool and is somewhat paintball specific..also, for boots,try to get a pair of diggers in high tops...theyre cleats, but i dont see why they wouldnt work well on gravel, and the high top version is tall enough to stop the rocks..
Those powers have vanished, those pleasures are dead
$hady $upa$tar
Fans can't understand my ghetto slang, so I evade and plot and plan a life of better things..Pac
Old 07-05-2002, 09:16 PM #8
Wuzup101
Penn State

I have a 3 year old pair of Nike ACG boots that get the job done. When I brush them off they still look like they are new...and best of all the insides are like sneakers.

As far as bandanas...my local craft store sells them for 99 cents a piece...and I also have a red PBJ head sock that is pretty good looking. I think I"m going to have to get a new black one and a black flex 7 b/c i'm sick of being seen way to easily in the red one while playing rec.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:36 PM #9
lax999

tell me where do you get impulses for $150 im interested.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:39 PM #10
Insthink

Would a red PBJ head sock stop the sweat? Im also gonna get the Dye Invision if it fits confortably when I try it on.

A red and black sock hat with the red and black invision with my red black fight smartparts jersey,my red black JT gloves and black dye pants would look sweet

as for the 150$ impulse, it doesn't exist. I said COD, its the custom taxes.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:24 PM #11
P8ntballingfool
Banned

lol, $150 incustoms... damn

WELCOME BACK!

check out the impulse forum