PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 PM #1
shinycocker666

gun votes

i am hoping to start a paintball business soon and was wondering what gun you guys think would be most for my money and which can make the most proftit, keep in mind i only have 1000 to start with
sidewinder reg
egg
delrin bolt
18 inch dye boomstick
lapco drop forward
30/45 tank

tippy pro carbon for sale with scope and sni9per barrel 14 in. all 100$

PUMP GUN PIMP # 14- OFFICIAL PUMP GUN FANCLUB
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 PM #2
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
You may want to start with the basic business parts.

1.) An accounting software
2.) A business Licenase
3.) A Tax ID Form
4.) A Wholesalers Certification
5.) A way to sell it

After you've done all that then you can start loking into what to carry.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:15 AM #3
Lathrop$

ions sell like crazy. I work for a local feild and we can't keep them on the shelves...honestly at the feild we sell 1 or 2 a day easily. problem is I don't know how much the owner gets the for, but if they sell alot then its no bigee. tippmans and spyders sell high quantities as well but not as much as ions.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1977037
Old 07-13-2005, 02:32 AM #4
FUELEDBYHATE
KILL KILL KILL

FUELEDBYHATE is a Supporting Member
Wholesale is around 210 for an ion.

Orignally posted by Avengedphish

"Saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'donnel fat."
Old 07-13-2005, 02:32 AM #5
Halex
Enthusiast

Halex is a Supporting Member
if u got 1k guy a ego,timmy, or dm whatever and forget your ideas of a store.. pb stores are the hardest to start and that is not near enough to start one.. what would make people shop at your store, that will most likley be over priced cuz you cannot buy in bulk like say pbgear or 888paintball so people will go there first.. you have to have a edge
Old 07-13-2005, 02:37 AM #6
Lathrop$

I have to agree with Halex..if I was you I would just make a good feild in a good location...you only have to work there weekends and even then it is fun work(tuff but fun) if you love paintball. You make good money off of all the paint and entry and especially air if you have your own compressor. Just get a bunch of painball hobos like me to ref for small amounts of cash and free play. Keep overheads low and profits high.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1977037
Old 07-14-2005, 03:17 PM #7
shinycocker666

yea i thought ions would be a bigg seller and thanks for the help
sidewinder reg
egg
delrin bolt
18 inch dye boomstick
lapco drop forward
30/45 tank

tippy pro carbon for sale with scope and sni9per barrel 14 in. all 100$

PUMP GUN PIMP # 14- OFFICIAL PUMP GUN FANCLUB
Old 07-14-2005, 07:10 PM #8
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

Accounting software $200
Website $200 for one year with SSL certificate (more money if you are month to month)
Business License $25-$100
Opening up a merchant account Up to $300 dollars for application fees
Business checking account $15
Pay Per Click advertising costs 300-2000 a month ( Your site will not get spidered by the search engines right away)

I think I spent the $1000 dollars in start up costs. You need a good amount of money to start a busines or you will not succeed. You need a reserve and inventory. If you work solely on drop shipping you will not succeed.

You also have to ask why are people going to buy from you instead of someone else?

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:06 PM #9
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
I would stay clear of Ions. The market is close to saturated They are selling for like 220 now on Ebay and that means no income for you as a shop owner. Plus they are mostly a dead end sale as beside a trigger, barrel amd feedneck there are very few parts to carry. Parts are where a good portion of your money is made.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:50 AM #10
ryanmillerdotcom (Banned)
Banned

ryanmillerdotcom is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUELEDBYHATE
Wholesale is around 210 for an ion.
no, most likely if ur selling an ion for say 300 (round number) ull be getting it for like 150 to 175 ish,
Old 07-17-2005, 12:46 PM #11
dacush
pistol„o

**********, I think that you're far overestimating the amount of profit that PB stores make on a gun... on most guns, the NPS dealer price is not too far under the price that large online stores sell the guns for.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:57 PM #12
Banned

ok i dont know that much bout it but i think that stores make a lil more profit then they let us believe, just a thought,
Old 07-17-2005, 05:40 PM #13
dacush
pistol„o

As someone who regularly orders from NPS and has the NPS dealers catalog and price list... they don't make as much as you'd think, especially if they're selling near the cost of online retailers.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:56 PM #14
Banned

ok i beleive u , it doesnt matter, i know that i can buy a bulk of 10 ions for 2233 shiped and fees , so the guy sellig to me must get better then 223.30 an ion or he loses money
Old 07-17-2005, 07:22 PM #15
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by **********dotcom
ok i beleive u , it doesnt matter, i know that i can buy a bulk of 10 ions for 2233 shiped and fees , so the guy sellig to me must get better then 223.30 an ion or he loses money

OK so far you have said some pretty ignorant things. you DO NOT know what guns cost and when someone gives you a pretty accurate wholesale price you call them a liar.

You do not belong here, You are not a shop obviously by your idiotic comments on how all of us are filthy rich and make 200% markup on markers.

Do your homework kid and please stay out of here, i like this forum and it will get shut down if people like you persist.

To fueldbyhate who posted wholesale price on the ION I think i speak for everyone here who actually owns a field in asking you to please not post prices even close to wholesale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please dont discuss prices on here guys, cuz then every kid is gonna go to their shop and try to haggle the price down because they feel entitled to Wholesale pricing!!!!!
Thanks
PK

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com

Last edited by pronking : 07-17-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:35 PM #16
jeffery_waller

Pron king i definiatly respect what you are saying... the fact that you guys own your shops more for the sport than over all riches is cool. I plan on opening a shop next spring, and i am trying to get my license and everything else in line now so i can start building a clientell. I have experamented with taking new guys out and they all seem to get hooked... I beleave I could do well in this town (no real compation xcept walmart) but i have to do most of the work just to get it started. I need some more money to be safe when i buy a shop just to be safe and i want to do it at the beguining of the season. I am not undercutting any one on prices but could you guys point me in the direction of a company that would sell to me so i can get started b4 i have a store front?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:30 PM #17
kavon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronking
To fueldbyhate who posted wholesale price on the ION I think i speak for everyone here who actually owns a field in asking you to please not post prices even close to wholesale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please dont discuss prices on here guys, cuz then every kid is gonna go to their shop and try to haggle the price down because they feel entitled to Wholesale pricing!!!!!
Thanks
PK
QFT, dont own a shop & I planned on opening onr but decided against it because I dont want to make any1s pie pieces any smaller, but man give these storn owners a break. You DO NOT go around shooting off wholesale prices! Let me repeat that, You DO NOT go around shooting off wholesale prices! Dont do it, ever. Its bad for business & makes people haggle for lower prices that they dont deserve.

Just my 2 cents,
John