Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM #22
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
at my local field they had carpet and it was horrad, when I ran I slipped once and my gosh paint got every ware.... But they got rid of all that and they got astro turf and oh my gosh it's awesome! we didn't have a problem with paint makin it too slippery. If you played before the turf there you know how to cope with it =p It was awesome to say the least.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2005, 04:06 PM #23
ShootFaces14

has been a member for 10 years
buy the turf from ffry its layed out at mine (and his) local field and its amazing everyone loves it its very soft and easy to slide on

Bing Shop.Ambition Media.

The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime. -Babe Ruth
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3425482<<< GUN SALE!!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:57 PM #24
meandmyGAYtippmann
CK4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmehard
my local indoor field. http://www.chaospb.com/pages/1/index.htm
has like an astro turf thing that has a draining system under it.call them n ask for gary the owner n ask him for help..they use these machines that like cavum the floor an at the same time wash them with water..the field isnt that slipery.and when u clean it its very gripy.only thing that can cause a small prob is if u run full spped and then turn the other way.u might slip..but check it out..better than jsut getting astro turf and putting it over cement floor.u dont want that.
yeah, i was thinking of going there soon and sasking in person, that turf is amazink, good for sliding, only problem is, w/ bar hands, if you slade, paint gets on your hand, and the gets on you gun, extra clenaing, but oh well.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:07 AM #25
ShockerBoi818 (Banned)
Stadtführer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUELEDBYHATE
www.XLTURF.COM

NUFF SAID!
which type of turf would you buy, soccer, tennis, golf, what?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:50 AM #26
uniquenewyork6715
Rapin' Js all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfThePaint
Atomix turf is amazing from what I hear, like the best playing surface ever.
yes atomix turf is AMAZING we have it at my indoor field ejam paintball and it is awesome. fun to slide, not slippery and doesnt get much paint build up.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:08 PM #27
joshorion

joshorion supports DLX Technology
floor surface

Although it's great to hear what customers and players like to play on...that doesn't really help the potential field owner make an informed business decision....

There are really 4 major factors when considering flooring surfaces:

1. Installation Cost
2. Maintenance Cost
3. Performance/Playability
4. Longevity/replacement timeline

other issues would include the frequency of cleaning, collateral cleaning issues(tracking dirt or mulch throughout the facility), cleaning labor and time issues, modular repair, availability of materials, lead time for installation and ordering

Obviously, everyone would prefer simulated turf but these other factors need to be discussed. This is a forum for field/store owners so lets try to keep discussion based in a more business oriented manner...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:19 PM #28
VIPER007

anyone have used turf for sale i have -2- fields i need it for one is an X-ball the other is an nppl-7 man or where i can get any thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 12:40 PM #29
SlartyBartFast
&quot;Snitch&quot; rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquenewyork6715
yes atomix turf is AMAZING we have it at my indoor field ejam paintball and it is awesome. fun to slide, not slippery and doesnt get much paint build up.
But don't be fooled into thinking Atomix Turf is a separate product or that it is produced specifically for paintball.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post17712279

They are just a reseller for http://www.safeplayturf.com/.

Last edited by SlartyBartFast : 02-06-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:46 PM #30
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Ive played on carpet, sand, CONCRETE, and turf.

1. Concrete - yea you can just imagine ... This was YEARS ago and from what I hear it was a "pirate" field anyway

2. Sand - eh .. cheap and easy .. can just "rake it over" to clean up for the most part. Got into gear -- no sliding, etc

3. Carpet - as long as its cleaned often I have no probs with it - not the softest when sliding, but liveable

4. Turf - obviously the best for sliding and traction (WHEN ITS DRY) .. but as soon as some paint builds up in it its just as slippery as carpet plus acts more like a sponge -- you step down and the paint swells up the sides of your shoes.

Pe@ce
Old 02-06-2006, 07:04 PM #31
boardr2k5

This is the turf I may be getting for an indoor field that i might do.

Copied from their site which has a link that I put on the bottom

$4.50 per square foot
Mav Turf is the only turf specially designed for the paintball industry. Mav Turf not only provides an amazing playing surface but also cleans very easily & thoroughly.
Plus it offers the fastest and easiest set up of all turf systems. No expensive installers needed.
Mav Turf’s signature trait is the specially engineered "optional" drainage system that clears all water and cleaning chemical leaving your field fresh and free from possible bacteria growth. Maverick’s very own proven field cleaning chemicals are also available.
Performance:
- Superior traction
- Cushioned turf for extreme comfort
- Perfect “slide & dive” conditions
- No rubber fill

Maintenance:
- Washes easily with water (more the better)
- Self drying
- Specialized drainage system
- Quick clean up

http://www.paintballnetting.com/onli...nid=3875356754

$4.50 per square foot seems like A LOT to me.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:22 PM #32
VIPER007

what would an average field cost and how do they stay togather with all the play they get thanks
Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 AM #33
SlartyBartFast
&quot;Snitch&quot; rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardr2k5
Mav Turf is the only turf specially designed for the paintball industry. Mav Turf not only provides an amazing playing surface but also cleans very easily & thoroughly.
What a pack of lies. While there is some leeway for marketing hype, the above statement is just stupid. It’s EXACTLY the same thing that Atomix Turf claims.

Both can’t be the only ones designed for paintball. And if either was actually specifically designed for paintball (which is highly unlikely) on of them is wrong about being first.

Be a smart consumer. DEMAND from Atomix and/or Mav Turf positive proof and evidence that their product is SPECIFICALLY for paintball and unavailable through other distributors or directly from a turf manufacturer.

I’ve already proven Atomix Turf is an outright lie. While the manufacturer’s website seems to have changed, they previously showed the Atomix paintball facility in their photo gallery of installations.

Googling “artificial turf” isn’t that hard guys, and it comes up with numerous manufacturers. There’s nothing special about the needs for paintball. Except perhaps drainage is more important to rinse out paint. But that’s a concern for any artificial turf surface that will be installed outdoors.

And another hint: It’s exactly the same for paintball netting. There’s no such thing. It’s just netting as manufactured by a million companies. “Paintball” netting is just drop shipped from the actual manufacturer or repackaged and forwarded through the paintball business.

If stores and fields were really out to help each other, the OEMs for these products would be made available so that everyone could buy direct.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:38 AM #34
outkast_06

just my 2 cents i dont know if you want to do this but go with a reball field then dont have to worry about getting the ground slipperyor what ever. then you could have what ever flooring that felt the best to run and slide on.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:46 AM #35
Wafflesx
Waffles Supreme Overlord

Annual Supporting Member
I would just like to inform you of another turf manufacturer.
http://www.betterthangrass.com/

They are expensive but they offer many different types of grass systems. Many different heights and some with rubber backings instead of filling them with sand and rubber. (i know i installed them for the past couple of summers). Mantinence(sp) for some of them is next to nothing the most mantinence you would have to do is have someone refill sand & rubber every like 3 years.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:07 AM #36
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octav
Oh i know what it is, it has rubber in it right? Yeah that is very expensive. The only problem with turf is that paint makes it slippery, people can't run as fast.
www.allamericanpaintballpark.com

they have it...the best....hands down

also, theres a local field (erie,pa) that has sawdust....

its not bad, dirty though...hamster land
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
Old 02-08-2006, 11:29 AM #37
Trig5o

Mav Turf

As a co-designer of MavTurf I can assure you the flooring system was designed specifically for paintball. The actual floor system was designed at a paintball facility. Everything from durability to drainage to performance was tested on this system. Heck the turf even has a velcro system, very very handy for paintball. No football or baseball field would ever have a need for velcro turf.

Anyway Just make sure you compare all turfs out there and ask people that use it, not just people that make it.

MavTurf go to www.maverickpaintball.com for pics and give the guys that run Ultimate Arena Paintball a call (the new paintball show on WGN) they use mavturf and it gets setup and taken down soo many times. It goes through hell and is still awesome to play on!

Thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 PM #38
bunkererr

mav turf: 10 out of a possible 10

mav turf all the way. I work with a spots recreation company that installs different types of turf for indoor soccer, football (etc) facilities. I have looked at maby samples of different turf. I also played at maverik in one of their tourneis. that turf is amaizing. I helped clean up the feild, it was simple as pie. the drainage system is fenominal (sp?). you can hose the filed down with water and just let it dry. Its the perfect playing surface. slidign is perect, but not so slippery that you fall when you run. wear a pair of cleats and your good. I was extremely impressed when I played on this stuff. I highly recomend it.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:28 PM #39
S.K.C 1.5
hehe, yeah...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kersplatpb
We use boat carpet at our field. I was able to order it online for relatively cheap compared to turf. We also have a couple of commercial carpet extractors that we use to pull paint out of the carpet every few weeks because we don't have floor drains. It works pretty well as long as we are keeping it clean. Just makes sure you get it glued down real well.
I play at kersplat, and I have to say that their floor is actually fairly good for sliding. the place just gets kinda messy on each side of the field other than that
Old 05-12-2006, 07:47 PM #40
endurium00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
And another hint: It’s exactly the same for paintball netting. There’s no such thing. It’s just netting as manufactured by a million companies. “Paintball” netting is just drop shipped from the actual manufacturer or repackaged and forwarded through the paintball business.
Yes...but there are ASTM standards for paintball netting. Getting any netting tested to this standard involves some expense. So sure, there may not be specific “paintball netting” but there IS netting specifically tested for safety. Not everything passes and most netting makers care very little about the paintball market so they are not falling over themselves to get approved.

I don't want to jack the thread but, it seems that field owners are using netting that has not passed ASTM standards. To me this is tottering on the line of ethical. (For indoor fields that want to use fire retardant netting I make an exception.)

Who would want to use a mask that has not been independently tested for safety? Why should field owners expect customers to stand behind netting that is not approved?
Old 05-12-2006, 08:31 PM #41
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Netting varies according to the materials used to manufacture the netting. IIRC, some netting uses a heat press method, rather than a weaving the strands together. The good netting is constructed of woven polypropolene (I think) and resistant to UV rays.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 05-14-2006, 03:36 PM #42
airmoses83

MAVTURF WAS NOT MADE FOR PAINTBALL!!! the turf is made by Sporturf (www.sporturf.com). Maverick Paintball just sells one of the turfs under the branded mavturf. Its really called fastgrass and you can get it cheaper company direct. Its goes for under $3 sq ft when you order it direct from Sporturf...