Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM #1
felter snatch
Suck it Easy

felter snatch is a Supporting Member
Beta Testers

what companys look for beta testers, if any? im really looking to test on of the new ion boards, ive talked with tag and such, but i was wondering if any other company or product specifically needed testers. has anyone got a product for their ion to test?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 AM #2
xXDiabloFireXx

Im not a Company...but ill be glad to test it
Old 07-12-2005, 10:57 AM #3
DasBaldDog
FSPPF

has been a member for 10 years
I think he's looking to test products... not looking for others to test for him.

My recommendations...

#1. keep your ear to the ground and your eye on the horizon... in short, just keep yourself in the know on all new products coming out and the second press-releases start flying, check for advertisements asking for testers.

#2. Don't ask unless it's posted. Going to any company and saying "Hey... Can I have the latest cutting edge technology for free ahead of release? Oh... and I might type you up a paragraph telling you what I think of it" just makes you sound like every other person wanting stuff for free.

Example... Andy from ZDS has probably never asked to test anything unless it was posted to ask. What he does is he performs all these tests, types up all the reports and publishes them for free. Then come time, if a company is looking for testers, Andy's name is to be found everywhere being praised for the thorough testing and reports he has done.

Xbox Live - ConderateMajr
Old 07-12-2005, 11:23 AM #4
MAE
,.!.,(O_O),.!.,

You do realise that you sound really pathetic, you are basically asking for free products. You can't go about asking companies for testing rights. You'd have to become know for being helpful or or be someone very knowledgeable in Ions and electronics (if you are intending on wanting a board).
Oh by the way, before you defend yourself, knowing how to take your Ion apart and putting it back together isn't a qualifying trait

MAE
Old 07-12-2005, 11:29 AM #5
JimmyBeam
PBN's Resident SmartA**

JimmyBeam is a Supporting Member
im hoping to get picked for a new reg to beta test. all i know is its supposed to blow the 2 liter out of the water. and yea, ill be sure to let you guys know if i get one.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:32 AM #6
MAE
,.!.,(O_O),.!.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBeam
ill be sure to let you guys know if i get one.
You better

MAE
Old 07-12-2005, 11:46 AM #7
xXDiabloFireXx

oh sorry didnt notice that
Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM #8
felter snatch
Suck it Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE
You do realise that you sound really pathetic, you are basically asking for free products. You can't go about asking companies for testing rights. You'd have to become know for being helpful or or be someone very knowledgeable in Ions and electronics (if you are intending on wanting a board).
Oh by the way, before you defend yourself, knowing how to take your Ion apart and putting it back together isn't a qualifying trait
exactly, how is that pathetic? and i sure can go about asking companies for testing rights, all they can do is say no. at least im trying, all you do is sit on your *** and give me **** for at least trying. suck it easy
Old 07-12-2005, 01:47 PM #9
asacpaintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBeam
im hoping to get picked for a new reg to beta test. all i know is its supposed to blow the 2 liter out of the water. and yea, ill be sure to let you guys know if i get one.
ooooo for how much?

Awww look at the little kiddies argue
Old 07-12-2005, 01:54 PM #10
JimmyBeam
PBN's Resident SmartA**

when i know...everyone will know

i probly wont even get picked, but im still keeping my fingers crossed
Old 07-12-2005, 02:05 PM #11
johnnybravo60025
()

Annual Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 is a Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 helped look for balloons
johnnybravo60025 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
johnnybravo60025 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
johnnybravo60025 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpayne
hey man ur a 2k5 u shoulnt be talking like that with your young mouth
And you're the one that's the tool. Your sig is huge, you have all of your geaar in your sig (We don't care), you can't use proper English, and you're proud of your 1 feedback.

My feedback!
Old 07-12-2005, 02:32 PM #12
matt2680

Yes, I'm about to rant

Quote:

So I guess you're saying that anyone who knows anything about paintball has to have been a member of PBN before 2K5, is that right? Or is it that if you haven't been a member for very long that you must be 14 years old? I get so sick and tired of hearing about this 2K5 crap, could you please tell me how having a join date prior to 2K5 makes you any smarter than a PBN noob? From the way you write and spell I would have to say that being a "2K5'r" isn't making the lot of you any more intelligent. Ok, let's hear it; let me know why I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:36 PM #13
Mits
- - - - - - - - - -

With free new awsome product, who wouldn't want to be a beta tester? But I highly doubt that most random people won't be doing most of the testing. They usually like to stick to people that they know -- and rest assured PB companies know ALOT of people that have already tested products for them in a large range of activities, from playing in the rain to playing in the mud.

Team Hydra...
Old 07-12-2005, 04:42 PM #14
xTheirOut2GetUx
>The Destroyer of Worlds<

xTheirOut2GetUx is a Supporting Member
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the PSP
xTheirOut2GetUx is an NCPA player
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
wow i realy love people who think that a 2k5'er has no idea what their saying look at your avi you are obviously a dumb **** I personaly got banned.... but even if i wasn't on the nation b4 this account I have owned more guns taken apart more guns and have far more knowledge than you will for years so stfu

VICIOUS GEO 2 FOR SALE NOOOOO PB TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES

[pursuing a degree in trolloligy]
Old 07-12-2005, 04:58 PM #15
paintchucker
eliminatION via ...

paintchucker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo60025
And you're the one that's the tool. Your sig is huge, you have all of your geaar in your sig (We don't care), you can't use proper English, and you're proud of your 1 feedback.

But he is helpful giving sophmoric 2k4 advice to the 2k5ers!!!

JimmyBeam, you might be under a non-disclosure agreement!

And as far as asking to do it, if you get to the right person at a company, they will put your name on a list... But you do need some base qualifications other than "I'm a LEET & I LUV PBall"... I beta test software games all the time...

Last edited by paintchucker : 07-12-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:02 PM #16
felter snatch
Suck it Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheirOut2GetUx
wow i realy love people who think that a 2k5'er has no idea what their saying look at your avi you are obviously a dumb **** I personaly got banned.... but even if i wasn't on the nation b4 this account I have owned more guns taken apart more guns and have far more knowledge than you will for years so stfu
thank you my fiend, ive accually ben here since early 2004, but who cares? i really think they should get rid of year joined, becuase all the idoit kids who have an account from 04 think they have superiority becuase theyve ben here for one year. congratulations kid, you have an account thats a year old. i stopped using my 2004 account becuase i did not like the name enough to drop 12 dollars on a supporting member tag. i also have an early 2005 account that got banned for 14 days so i didnt wanna wait. i honestly dont care what you 12 year olds think i know, what i dont know, and how i play. theres a world outside the computer. i came here looking for companys looking for beta testers, i know they dont just give **** out, im not dumb. but alot of you kids really need to settle down, you think your mods. i cant look through a thread without read "search, or GOD DAMMIT THIS HAS BEN POSTED (X) TIMES! N00B!!!!!!" you guys need to settle down a tad, and get off everyones case. i cant make a thread on this, nor my old account without getting slammed with 12 year olds jumping my ****.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:11 PM #17
inpayne (Banned)
Banned

what ever i was just foolin around everyone dosnt have to go ****ing crazy over one ****ing post
Old 07-12-2005, 05:27 PM #18
JimmyBeam
PBN's Resident SmartA**

Quote:
Originally Posted by felter snatch
thank you my fiend, ive accually ben here since early 2004, but who cares? i really think they should get rid of year joined,****.
i wont judge you by your postdate. i mean ive been playing for years, but didnt start becoming a forum junkie until last year. imo postcounts > joined dates anyways. but.....quality over quanity at the same time
Old 07-12-2005, 07:32 PM #19
Gordon12345
Team Ace of Spades

i respect all the 2k5er's that get flamed and respect there elders, member, yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir. Attention!!!!
S.W.C Member #15
SIGN THE PAINTBALL PETITION TO PUT PAINTBALL INTO THE X-GAMES: Sign Here

My NEW Feedback Positive (+3) Negative (-0)
My OLD Feedback Positive (+17) Negative (-0)
Old 07-13-2005, 04:53 AM #20
Born2Drive2 (Banned)
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by felter snatch
thank you my fiend, ive accually ben here since early 2004, but who cares? i really think they should get rid of year joined, becuase all the idoit kids who have an account from 04 think they have superiority becuase theyve ben here for one year. congratulations kid, you have an account thats a year old. i stopped using my 2004 account becuase i did not like the name enough to drop 12 dollars on a supporting member tag. i also have an early 2005 account that got banned for 14 days so i didnt wanna wait. i honestly dont care what you 12 year olds think i know, what i dont know, and how i play. theres a world outside the computer. i came here looking for companys looking for beta testers, i know they dont just give **** out, im not dumb. but alot of you kids really need to settle down, you think your mods. i cant look through a thread without read "search, or GOD DAMMIT THIS HAS BEN POSTED (X) TIMES! N00B!!!!!!" you guys need to settle down a tad, and get off everyones case. i cant make a thread on this, nor my old account without getting slammed with 12 year olds jumping my ****.

Shut the **** up, stop *****ing, I skimmed through your post, and it is all bull****. Shut the **** up, stop acting like a 4 year old asking to test products and start reading.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:41 AM #21
paintchucker
eliminatION via ...

paintchucker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Drive2
Shut the **** up, stop *****ing, I skimmed through your post, and it is all bull****. Shut the **** up, stop acting like a 4 year old asking to test products and start reading.

Gee Whiz Mom, WTF ????

It is his thread, and a free country last time I checked...

Don't like it, click the "NEXT THREAD" Button on your browser. Your *stars* are not appreciated ...