Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-23-2001, 06:53 PM #1
pr0kch0p
Fat Boys Are Back

has been a member for 10 years
Question A Few Timmy Questions

1. Where can i find timmy specific upgrades such as: clear or rubber grips or the new lp chamber?

2. How short is the trigger stock? Is it easy to modify the stock trigger? I have NO experience doing trigger jobs of any sort, but i saw a picture of the timmy board and it looked pretty simple.

3. Is the gun tourney legal out of the box? If not where can i get a tourney chip, and how much would it cost?

4. I read somewhere that someone shot a whole vl200 on full auto without breaking a ball. Is this feasible?

5. How low could i adjust the psi to if i were to use a mac dev gladiator inline regulator and do the LP mod?

6. What are some suggested upgrades to make the gun perform as good as possible? Please include prices. Where are some good resources for timmy info and timmy specific upgrades?

Thanks. I am having trouble finding info on this marker and the forums are usually a good source.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2001, 07:10 PM #2
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
Re: A Few Timmy Questions

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try to answer some of your questions from what info I've gathered... I'm sure you guys will correct me if I misspeak.

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0kch0p
1. Where can i find timmy specific upgrades such as: clear or rubber grips or the new lp chamber?
I believe you'll have to call Bob/Delta to order these.

Quote:
2. How short is the trigger stock? Is it easy to modify the stock trigger? I have NO experience doing trigger jobs of any sort, but i saw a picture of the timmy board and it looked pretty simple.
It's pretty short stock. Mine was a few millimeters or so. In a few minutes you could have it down to 0.5 millimeters.

Quote:
3. Is the gun tourney legal out of the box? If not where can i get a tourney chip, and how much would it cost?
It has a tournament lock (dip switches inside the grip frame).

Quote:
4. I read somewhere that someone shot a whole vl200 on full auto without breaking a ball. Is this feasible?
Sure, you may shoot blanks a lot, but the ACE should keep it from looking like a blender.

Quote:
5. How low could i adjust the psi to if i were to use a mac dev gladiator inline regulator and do the LP mod?
I think I've heard around 180psi. I'll let you know if a few days, I hope.

Quote:
6. What are some suggested upgrades to make the gun perform as good as possible? Please include prices. Where are some good resources for timmy info and timmy specific upgrades?
Dunno. Let me know when you find out though.

Quote:
Thanks. I am having trouble finding info on this marker and the forums are usually a good source.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
Old 07-23-2001, 07:21 PM #3
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Re: A Few Timmy Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0kch0p
A good barrel is also a nice thing to add though the stock performs quite well for well being a stock barrel.
The LP mod if you didn't know already. You will need an inline regulator. Vern and Morphious suggest the MAC Dev Gladiator reg. They say it gives wonderful performance and it has a lot price of only $75 USD. You can find them at American suppliers for 75 and the shipping isn't as much as it is straight from mac dev due to the fact that they are based in Austrailia.
Another upgrade would be a new bolt if you like or the groved grips or clear like you asked. But I've played with slick grips and gloves and that works just fine. GLOCK gun grip covers for firearms work good I hear too.
That is most likely the only upgrade you will need to perform to gun itself. Otherwise more upgrades are for mostly exceptional performance of a tounry level. Like a warpfeed or a lowrise.
Check out http://www.teamjoker.com for more info. They have the new color manual and they are a tourney team that mostly uses Intimidators. "Chris Team Joker" is a player with one that comes here sometimes.

Last edited by Omega6_Virus : 07-23-2001 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2001, 07:21 PM #4
Morphious

1. Bob Long makes most of the after market stuff for the Timmi. Mountain Paintball makes a few things also. Defiance is making a DV8 Board sometime in the future also.

2. The trigger is simple to work with there are 3 screws in the trigger. The top adjust the spring tension. The middle one adjustes when the trigger contacts the Switch. The Bottem adjust the stop of the trigger.

3. For most tourneys the Stock setup is fine just tourney lock you board. It is the 10th pos on the dip switch on your board. Now the NPPL is going to Semi Only Boards (SOB), and that is all the Board will shoot. I have one of the SOB's and it is scary fast. Faster than turbo because of the delay times.

4. I can average about 15 BPS. There is an Anti-Chop Eye in this gun that will allow you to fire the gun only when there is a ball in the chamber. Now by ONLY I mean there is a delay built into the Board that waits a certain amount of time before it will allow the gun to fire. So you don't break paint.

5. I have mine about 155 PSI or so. I have hte LP Mod and also have the HP housing milled out for better flow.

6. The only thing is a 12 volt hopper ($55.00), and a few barrels ($40.00-$200.00) for paint match. I have the SOB ($125.00) and I also have a Warp Feed ($170.00) to help keep up. There are no other upgrades needed. One thing you might look into Bob Long has a new bolt coming out soon. Look in my sig for other info.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
Old 07-23-2001, 07:56 PM #5
pr0kch0p
Fat Boys Are Back

is there any like online catalog so if/when i were to call up delta i would know what i wanted?

other than that i think i am pretty much decided on the timmy. i originally wanted an impulse, but i think the extra $175 is worth it. just gotta save up. thanks everyone.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:21 PM #6
Morphious

Look in my sig for the link to Bob Long. The number is on the front page. There is an accessorys link, but I don't think that it works.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:40 PM #7
KMA

KMA is a founding member
Morphious,

Does drilling out the HP reg housing work as well as the new LP chamber? Is it hard to do? Do you have instructions/pictures?

Here's a general question:

A timmy running at 150-180psi, how loud is it compared to other high-end guns?

Thanks,
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
100% Positive Feedback
Old 07-23-2001, 10:17 PM #8
Morphious

We might be offering the Mod in the near future. We are Milling it out not drilling. Last weekend we played in a tourney, and the ref told us that he couldn't even hear our guns firing. The ref has a timmi to. The addition or the LP Chamber was our reason for doing so, and we just found that it helped a lot. We don't have any pics of the process, but it is not to hard. If do indeed offer this mod it shouldn't cost more than about $20.00 (that was the last thought on what to charge.) plus shipping. I know that mine is quieter than it was with just the LP Mod. I really don't even notice it any more I don't really pay attention. I am never on the side lines when the gun is being fired. so I couldn't tell you how it really sounds compaired to any of the others. We will keep everyone informed about the Mod if we deside to do it. We are still playing with it and doing more to the mod before we deside if we are going to offer it. We do have a pic of it I will try to find it and get it up.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:44 PM #9
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Yeah, I was standing at the opposite start point and I couldnt hear him shooting at all, just the sound of someone pouring a bag of marbles over a sheet of plastic as his salvo lit up the bunker I was watching. He let me shoot it after the game and its a noticeable difference in kick and sound (lack thereof actually) from my timmy (stock, no lp mod). The rate of fire is also kicked up ALOT with the SOB and warp feed. Only thing holding me back from getting the SOB is waiting to see the performance from the cerebrus board, I like the idea of in gun buzzer, etc. Once they come out and I am able to compare reviews (Vern, you are going to give one a workout right?) Ill make my decision on which aftermarket board to go with. Im first in line for the LP milling though, I called it at PACs just lemme know when youre comfortable with the process and performance.
Old 07-25-2001, 07:26 PM #10
fallenangel1237
i refuse to listen

SOB, what's that?
also where can i see a picture of the ripper milling for the timmy, and where can i get it?
Old 07-25-2001, 08:21 PM #11
KMA

KMA is a founding member
SOB = Semi (auto) only board

As opposed to the stock (1.4.3) board with several firing modes. People who have used the SOB claim it is very, very fast (Vern1, Morphious).

For an idea on what the ripper milling looks like, check out this forum post.

Good luck!
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
100% Positive Feedback
Old 07-26-2001, 01:55 PM #12
fallenangel1237
i refuse to listen

thanks, but where can i get that ripper milling?
Old 07-26-2001, 03:43 PM #13
Morphious

If you just want the Ripper Body call Bob Long. If you want the whole gun check with National Paintball or 888paintball. Check with National first and see if they have any Rippers in stock. They are Bob Longs distributer they will ahve them before anyone else has them, nad they can tell you when they are getting a new shipment in.