PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 04:20 PM #22
EnigmaX
::RIDEORDIE::

has been a member for 10 years
RobertPrez - Obviously your interpretation of the rules are WAY off! It is a players responsiblity to call himself out. It is the ref's job to make sure these rules are followed. It is not the Ref's job to pull a player, it's the players responsibility. The Ref's are there to make sure that's how it happens.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2005, 04:24 PM #23
Paintballer476

Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D3 division
We barely missed finals, but the 8 semi games where great. We did not have a single problem with ANY of the reffs. In the finals there where some problems and bs calls, but it happens. Everyone was hot and pissy and i think it finaly got to them Patleeman2 if you where on hitmen, i think it was them anyways. It was completly deserved, the reff told him to get out and he didnt and kept yelling at the ref. He cursed at him, and got a 1 for 1. Then i think someone gave him the finger or something and another one was pulled. Then after the game your player had the balls to throw his mask over the net and try to hit the group of refs talking about the game? I would have DQ'd u on the spot.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:37 PM #24
JIGGA JAY HOVA

I agree the ref's were a lil young and inexperienced. Toward the end of the day I don' tknow if the ref's were tired and wanted the day to hurry up and end, I was playing on I think the Dels field the one in the back left next to the Pro's practice. I was called out by a ref on the sideline, I looked did not see a hit anywhere on my hopper with the exception of bunker rub the size of a pinky nail when I showed it to him he said "oh it looked like a hit". I didnt want to argue so I wouldnt to be penalized, and told me it was too late to put me back in the game. I believe that was an unfair call and spoke with the head ref of that field and he said he should've put me in right away. Im glad that game wasnt one that we needed to win cause I would've been pissed. Besides that the ref's were ok for our other games.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:43 PM #25
Nation03
Hiatus

Nation03 plays in the APPA D4 division
dels field and green field badddd calls
Old 07-11-2005, 06:55 PM #26
Brian Gill-Unit
East Coast Empire

Brian Gill-Unit plays in the PSP
Brian Gill-Unit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Brian Gill-Unit plays in the APPA D3 division
the reffing sucked so much..all the teams in the finals were complaining and making fun of the reffs and saying sh*t to them...lol and every1 was making fun of tony savage ALL day..the reffing s*cked all day...but some reffs were good and mad cool/funny..i think some players from hck were reffing and they were doing a good job i seen a few of them yelling at other reffs saying it bounced and it did but the other reff would call them out..happen 2 me on the Del's field the other reff and ppl on sidelines said it bounced off my back and i didnt have paint and 1 reff still pulled me out and the other said to him it bounce..but for the most part most the refffing coulda been better i think

new World Order
n.W.O

we in here
Old 07-11-2005, 06:58 PM #27
wdp bb23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gill-Unit
the reffing sucked so much..all the teams in the finals were complaining and making fun of the reffs and saying sh*t to them...lol and every1 was making fun of tony savage ALL day..the reffing s*cked all day...but some reffs were good and mad cool/funny..i think some players from hck were reffing and they were doing a good job i seen a few of them yelling at other reffs saying it bounced and it did but the other reff would call them out..happen 2 me on the Del's field the other reff and ppl on sidelines said it bounced off my back and i didnt have paint and 1 reff still pulled me out and the other said to him it bounce..but for the most part most the refffing coulda been better i think
yep there were HCK refs there on the green field. we had 5 of them. It included me and 4 others. one HCK was the chrono judge.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM #28
xturnxdownxelliotx
short fat chicks are funy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gill-Unit

agreed babe

alias! yayay
Old 07-11-2005, 07:24 PM #29
journeyman

Question Why is that nation3

because they didnt go Your way??? I didnt play with my team in that event, but they didnt do all that bad either and had some calls i seriously disagreed with. however i dont call myself journeyman for nothing. Thats always the claim to fame with alot of players who feel the refs slighted them. When 9 times outta ten the player probably initiated it. whether he forgot to duck in and got hit.. to arguing after the call and causing all kinds of confusion on the fields. I saw alot of the games on dels as well as the others. Alot of the melees were caused by teams that didnt know how to control their emotions.
and I blame that mostly on the captns. I dont mean to stir a pot of dodo up but hey if the captn allows his team to get away with that kinda behavior. then thats a poor captn. Like the guy said... Refs arent paid to get in players way, they are paid to simply make sure the rules (WHICH ARE STATED AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE TOURNEY AND ARE IN THE RULE BOOKS)are followed as well as ASSIST a player in need of a paint check that the player alone cannot see. They are not there to argue with you, contest his facts with your fictions, nor is he there to be mr perfect ref, (thats a waste of time because there is no such thing, and finally he's not there to ruin your day. If however that is the case then that ref needs to go home. but most times its not. So now that i have dispensed with all your possible accusation filled reasons, Whats the true basis of your comment again??

not trying to be smart im trying to wake you up. These refs, however under experienced Some of them may have been did the best they could within their understanding. And I seriously doubt they woke up that morning with your team or anybody elses team on their mind to screw over.

so be a little more fair about it will ya.

and to make note. The head ref on the dels field is a really cool and mellow guy when you get to know him and is very experienced. So when team NYhitman went over the deep end and caused him to flip out, you guys asked for that. Personally i never saw him go off like that before. Im sure anyone else who knows him would agree. But he did what he had to do within the rules.

just sticking up for ya squeaks. did your best.

Last edited by journeyman : 07-11-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 PM #30
shatteredreality

shatteredreality is a Supporting Member
Personally, I think the Xball field had the best reffing all day.

The green field was decent, not to bad, missed a few calls, but all refs do, so lay off.

The dels field.... I don't even know what to say. I once saw three refs checking one player at the same time.

On the del's field... I once got called for what the ref said was a "clean break".. Supposedly.. the paintball hit me and all the paint broke off of me (he could not find a drop of paint on me), but I was called out anyway. I believe NPPL rules state the hit must be a quarter sized mark.

And to end on a posotive note, I thought the reffing in the finals was very good.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM #31
NotSpeedyejl (Banned)

NotSpeedyejl is a Supporting Member
The player who got ejected on NYC Hitmen, was my boy.

Him flipping out on the ref was unacceptable, I won't argue that. I might have clocked the guy if I was in that position, though.

Do you realize what the ref did though? He called a player out for bunker rub, without even looking at the "hit". Further more the player wasn't even battling, he was tucked in tight, and was hit on the loader side facing the bunker. BULL CRAP to the max.

And then calling a 2 for 1??? My team didn't pay good money to get raped. I was playing the snake and didn't get to watch it boil down, but thats the story from a ton of people on the sideline, the ref (with the junk wrapped on his head, was out of boundaries)

You know what though, WE WON GAMES playing a mad down for the day, 4 vs 5, game after game. I've never played a harder day of paintball in my life. My team and I played our ***** off, and didn't give up. I did ill run throughs, and bunkerings all day long, shooting out 4 players in one game, my teammates played just as hard, glory to them.

That's how we roll

Also for everyone who saw me eat bunker and fly 5ft in the air on the X-ball feild with 10seconds left, I'm glad to be a crowd pleaser and just slightly concused.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM #32
BigBlackZach
Pballer for life

Sucked Sucked Sucked Sucked Sucked Sucked Sucked Sucked Sucked
the worst yet i got screwed 2 games and on the del field you know theres something wrong when it takes 3 reffs to pull a player

Go GPL gets better every time
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
Wawa Fan Club #14
Old 07-11-2005, 09:31 PM #33
TNTNY2FLA

I am in a rush so I'll post two quick suggestions and follow up later...all in all, a very well run event taking into account the condidtions and situations of the weekend.

Suggestions:
1) This needs to be seriously taken into account on behalf of the players saftey, My team on several occasions finished a game and due to the different time delays on each field we would be called to our next game with not even enough time to air and paint up....this is a definite conflict with the weather, players NEED to have time to at least get a drink and possibly a powerbar or something otherwise you're going to have more heat strokes than cases of paint sold. All I'm trying to say is there has to be a way of keeping the fields on a closely similar delay to each other so that the players can be safe and have a good time rather than being on the verge of fainting.... Weather just needs to be taken into account in these situations but I understand how hard it must be to keep things going smoothly because things do come up.

2) In a few situations I saw refs grab barrels and moved guns....this can be a nightmare to a player that is taking alot of heat, you can't just move players around but this only happened a few times and didn't cause me much trouble(but it can cause others trouble).Overall the reffing was IMMACULATE....the APS field and Xball field had awsome reffing and the dels field had a B+.....overall I think GPL just has to touch up on some of the small things....and maybe have Dels grow some grass cause that can be a bit annoying.

Two thumbs up for a damn good improvment from last tourny and hard work in the 95* weather,
Ryan
Old 07-11-2005, 09:53 PM #34
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSpeedyejl
The player who got ejected on NYC Hitmen, was my boy.

Him flipping out on the ref was unacceptable, I won't argue that. I might have clocked the guy if I was in that position, though.

Do you realize what the ref did though? He called a player out for bunker rub, without even looking at the "hit". Further more the player wasn't even battling, he was tucked in tight, and was hit on the loader side facing the bunker. BULL CRAP to the max.

And then calling a 2 for 1??? My team didn't pay good money to get raped. I was playing the snake and didn't get to watch it boil down, but thats the story from a ton of people on the sideline, the ref (with the junk wrapped on his head, was out of boundaries)

You know what though, WE WON GAMES playing a mad down for the day, 4 vs 5, game after game. I've never played a harder day of paintball in my life. My team and I played our ***** off, and didn't give up. I did ill run throughs, and bunkerings all day long, shooting out 4 players in one game, my teammates played just as hard, glory to them.

That's how we roll

Also for everyone who saw me eat bunker and fly 5ft in the air on the X-ball feild with 10seconds left, I'm glad to be a crowd pleaser and just slightly concused.
Thats how we roll.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:24 PM #35
$!$Cerial Killer $!$
$COMANDO$

This ****ing reffs suck major balls son... they are by far the worst reffs ever only on the aps field ..... u ppl do one for ones on a kid that was walking of the field ..
Old 07-11-2005, 11:33 PM #36
XMiSSion33X

XMiSSion33X is a Professional paintball player
im sry but i have never seen so many people complain about reffin....everyone that is complainin needs to actually ref a well run tournament before criticizin other refs. i was not personally reffin this gpl but i was there and i have reffed other gpl's in the past. all i hear is people complainin about bunker rub and other crap when prob 95% the time they were actually hit. i know this becuz thats how people r. they dont wanna admit to their teamates that they got shot so they try to blame it on the refs so they dont look bad for their team. **** i do it too.but i dont come home and try to be a hard *** and say crap to the refs online. anyone that is complainin about refs needs to go to the correct person and address the problem. also i rarely see a winnin team complain about refs. majority of the time is the losers who dont win and try blamin it on the refs.

thanks for ur time
DC Arsenal #33
Old 07-12-2005, 12:53 AM #37
BallisticPB_Albs
Ya Dig?

BallisticPB_Albs is an NCPA player
BallisticPB_Albs plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTNY2FLA
Suggestions:
1) This needs to be seriously taken into account on behalf of the players saftey, My team on several occasions finished a game and due to the different time delays on each field we would be called to our next game with not even enough time to air and paint up....this is a definite conflict with the weather, players NEED to have time to at least get a drink and possibly a powerbar or something otherwise you're going to have more heat strokes than cases of paint sold. All I'm trying to say is there has to be a way of keeping the fields on a closely similar delay to each other so that the players can be safe and have a good time rather than being on the verge of fainting.... Weather just needs to be taken into account in these situations but I understand how hard it must be to keep things going smoothly because things do come up.

2) In a few situations I saw refs grab barrels and moved guns....this can be a nightmare to a player that is taking alot of heat, you can't just move players around but this only happened a few times and didn't cause me much trouble(but it can cause others trouble).Overall the reffing was IMMACULATE....the APS field and Xball field had awsome reffing and the dels field had a B+.....overall I think GPL just has to touch up on some of the small things....and maybe have Dels grow some grass cause that can be a bit annoying.
I agree 100%. My team at one point had three games in row. Bad enough normally but once u add the heat and lack of hydration it gets really bad. a better time table or at least trying to keep the delays on all the fields the same would be great. all the refs were really nice especially APS and X-ball refs but i have to agree that more experience and age would result in better reffereeing (Dels field).

Some complaints/suggestions: i dont know if anyone had the same problem but in one of our earlier games (2nd or 3rd) the other team was apparently sideline coaching. we were told after the game, and we didnt really care since it was over and all but its just something to look out for in future events. i aslo witnessed other sideline coaching just wathing other games.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 AM #38
x_morpheusb24_x
Powerslide Powerslide

x_morpheusb24_x is a Supporting Member
I thought the reffing was worst on the X-ball field (saturday 3-man), but we played much more on that field. Not only were the refs acting lazy as hell, but the head ref made a call on a teammate of mine that he was hit on his hand. There was no hit, it was a partially white evil insignia. The other refs didn't wanna comment on it and other players watching said it was BS too.
Team Adrenaline Crisis
My Feedback
Old 07-12-2005, 01:26 AM #39
solarstorm66
i'd like to buy a vowel

solarstorm66 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticPB_Albs
I agree 100%. My team at one point had three games in row. Bad enough normally but once u add the heat and lack of hydration it gets really bad. a better time table or at least trying to keep the delays on all the fields the same would be great. all the refs were really nice especially APS and X-ball refs but i have to agree that more experience and age would result in better reffereeing (Dels field).

Some complaints/suggestions: i dont know if anyone had the same problem but in one of our earlier games (2nd or 3rd) the other team was apparently sideline coaching. we were told after the game, and we didnt really care since it was over and all but its just something to look out for in future events. i aslo witnessed other sideline coaching just wathing other games.

we had one game where after we stepped off 2 separate teams told us that the team we had just played were using people on the sideline. the funny part was watching them point out the kid, have him make some further incriminating comment and then he just bolted.

my favorite call of the day though was after our first game. one of our guys had a hit on his pack. a ref was going to call him dead, but another ref came over and said that since the hit was in yellow paint it must have been old because they werent selling yellow paint. thus he was counted as alive. i do believe the 70 dollar paint broke yellow, so i find this very funny. (this isnt really a complaint, just a solid example. and if the 70 dollar paint didnt break yellow, we werent shooting it so i'm not positive, i apologize)

PC United

www.quickshotpaintball.com
Old 07-12-2005, 06:56 AM #40
Squidly
Team GXP

My only complaint was the field setup on the X-Ball field, and the resulting calls. The snake was way too close to the line. 2 times we had a guy called out of bounds for being on (not over) a tape that was less than 2 feet from the snake/block bunker. It's very difficult to transition from one segment of the snake to the other when the tape is that close, even more difficult when you're gunfighting a player who is in your mirror at the same time.

Given the non NPPL compliant setup of this bunker, the Refs should've cut players a bit of slack for grazing the tape during a bunkering move. (Again, stepping on, not over.) That's all.

On a different note, anyone else see the "flag-train" during the finals of D2 and the argument afterwards? That was pretty funny.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:12 AM #41
half

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSpeedyejl
Ha ha hahah, that was awesome
Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 PM #42
wdp bb23

Quote:
Originally Posted by $!$Cerial Killer $!$
This ****ing reffs suck major balls son... they are by far the worst reffs ever only on the aps field ..... u ppl do one for ones on a kid that was walking of the field ..
on the APS field we only pulled one 1 for 1. and that was the last game of the day in prelims. that was our only 1 for 1. tha reason he got it was because he was hit and he woulkdent get out. we said if you dont get out were going to pull another. so he was walking away and started to curse and say pull another ******* player then. that was the only 1 for 1.