Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 08:06 PM #1
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP

has been a member for 10 years
Reffing

Anyone else upset by the reffing on the Del's field today?

On another note the reffing on the Xball and the APS field was great.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 PM #2
flyangel

not tryin to be an ***. but the reffing did suck, on the dels feild mostly, the ref called me for being hit on the head and there was clearly no break there. this happened to all of my team mates to on either that feild of the other ones. so now im thinking ccpl>gpl

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=839781
Old 07-10-2005, 08:34 PM #3
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP

My teammate got called for bunker wipe. I heard other complaints from other people about the reffing too.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:39 PM #4
flyangel

my rating on this gpl

feild setups= 6/10
reffing=4/10
comptition= 7/10lot of sand baggers, were 7 teams in the d1 class which most of them should had been in d2 and take the better teams out of d2 and put them in d1
waiting time= 7/10 some times we wouldnt have a game for an hour, some times we had back to back games. we had 3 back to back games

overall= 24/40 i was disapointed

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=839781
Old 07-10-2005, 09:00 PM #5
wdp bb23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patleeman2
Anyone else upset by the reffing on the Del's field today?

On another note the reffing on the Xball and the APS field was great.
thank you. i was on the APS field reffing today. i wanna say congrats to all the teams. we dident have that much arguements the whole day. and you guys made it a nice smooth day for us.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:13 PM #6
ragestunna
South Jersey

ragestunna is a Supporting Member
APS was great the other 2 were shacky but the finals were a joke with left side been the problem far side did a great job though so thanx
Old 07-10-2005, 09:18 PM #7
Short1mgb
Straight Back

APS feild refs ****ing sucked... 2 of our players got pulled for nothing, 1 had NO HITS ON HIM, the ref came over and said "Your supposed to be gone on your pack" WTF is that ****. The other had a ball squirt onto his foot from standing on it and got pulled for it. One ref walked over and whiped off one of his friends that was playing and said "I got you". Then the ****ing jackasses had the nerve to laugh about it after the game. Way to ****ing rig a game. The ultimate ref was also REFFING a ****ing game, the only problem with that is that how is he supposed to make an unbias call. Also the one ref on the dels feild that was doing the cronoing would shoot half a damn hopper. Though there was alittle arguing on the dels feild it wasnt too bad. I didn't have a problem with any of the other refs infact the there were quite a few on the Del's feild that were rather friendly and actually checked people when we yelled. Xball wasn't bad at all either. Besides the one game stolen from us by the refs on the APS feild it wasn't that bad.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:24 PM #8
wdp bb23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short1mgb
APS feild refs ****ing sucked... 2 of our players got pulled for nothing, 1 had NO HITS ON HIM, the ref came over and said "Your supposed to be gone on your pack" WTF is that ****. The other had a ball squirt onto his foot from standing on it and got pulled for it. One ref walked over and whiped off one of his friends that was playing and said "I got you". Then the ****ing jackasses had the nerve to laugh about it after the game. Way to ****ing rig a game. The ultimate ref was also REFFING a ****ing game, the only problem with that is that how is he supposed to make an unbias call. Also the one ref on the dels feild that was doing the cronoing would shoot half a damn hopper. Though there was alittle arguing on the dels feild it wasnt too bad. I didn't have a problem with any of the other refs infact the there were quite a few on the Del's feild that were rather friendly and actually checked people when we yelled. Xball wasn't bad at all either. Besides the one game stolen from us by the refs on the APS feild it wasn't that bad.
our head ref was a player from bushwackers. how does he know anyone playing in GPL. and all of us dident know any teams in GPL. Why would we know any of you guys. but go cry about it.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:25 PM #9
Seek_and_Destroy
My Trial. Your Funeral

Seek_and_Destroy is a Supporting Member
Seek_and_Destroy plays in the APPA D5 division
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I didn't even play at GPL. ( I was there being the pod-***** ) So i was on the sidelines alot. I saw sooooooo much playing on, obvious hits that weren't called, and so on. They had their good refs there, then there were the ones that wouldn't do anything. The whole GPL tourny had its ups and downs.
2000 BMW 323Ci Sport
Old 07-10-2005, 09:46 PM #10
pbplaya527

i watched a lot of games today and what i saw was the refs that laid down on the field actually did good reffing and were quick to check someone and reffs standing on the side stood there with their arms crossed and it took them a while to check people because i saw many players get shot on the hopper and rub it on the bunker be4 the ref got there.

so id give reffing 5/10
Old 07-10-2005, 09:48 PM #11
drkIR3fly angel (Banned)
Banned

drkIR3fly angel is a Supporting Member
overall this was one of the best GPL's put on to date with the exception of the Del's feild reffing. our team didnt have a chance to play on the smart parts xball feild but all we heard and saw were good things. the APS feild was very nicely run as well with the exception of one clear cut case of playing on. but it was a tough angle for the ref and a lot harder to call from his point of view. best of luck for the rest of the GPL season!

.... oh and Short1mgb, lay off the swearing and flaming for no reason. nobody will take you seriously otherwise. take your complaints to somebody who can do something about it or help change, make a difference, and make it better for next time so we can avoid the problems you are having, not whine and moan, flaming a well run tournament because your team received some bad calls.

..... oh and where did u pick up those refs on the Dels feild? bums off the street that have never seen or heard of a paintball much less common sense? sorry dont mean to flame but i needed to vent and it was absolutly redickulous (sp?) THANKS TO ARSENAL FOR COMMING OUT TO PRACTICE!!!! i got to meet some really cool guys from that team and they were all really chill and even autographed some stuff it was great! THanks JC!
Old 07-10-2005, 09:50 PM #12
NotSpeedyejl (Banned)
Banned

NotSpeedyejl is a Supporting Member
The Del's Feild reffing was piss poor with power tripping refs. To be completely blunt.

Yea the APS had Russ Keische from Bushwackers as head ref, he's a great ref to say the least and a great baller.

In addition the 12yr old running the chrono at the Del's Feild left a lot to be desired, and he reaked of suntan lotion, lol.

edit: Pat, whats your AIM and who's camera had the group pic inside the proshop?

Last edited by NotSpeedyejl : 07-10-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:01 PM #13
EnigmaX
::RIDEORDIE::

I can only comment on the reff'n for Saturday. I had to laugh when reading the post about the Del's field chrony ref wasting half a hopper....very true. But you know what, I'd rather have a gun checked thoroughly so there are no doubts about it when it gets on the field. Don't worry, he shot half of my hopper to. It got the point where we would bring an extra pod just to top off after we got chrony'd lol.

I played on the Del Hobby's field as well as the Smart Parts "X-ball" field. I must say, the head ref's on both fields did a very nice job. There are always questionable calls etc. My hats off to the ref's on the Del Hobby's field, especially the head ref, very nice job and friendly as well.

I saw some very questionable stuff at the end of the day. On the same hand, I've been in the ref's shoe's. I know what it's like to be out on the field all day in the weather....your enthusiasm tends to wear down towards the end.

My only suggestion, as I won't call it a complaint, would have been for the Ref's on the Smart Parts field to check players a little more often. Nothing more frustrating then watching a ball break on an opponent and the Ref not even check him.

All in all, considering the heat and the day, good event..
Old 07-10-2005, 10:11 PM #14
pbplaya527

[quote=NotSpeedyejl]
In addition the 12yr old running the chrono at the Del's Feild left a lot to be desired, and he reaked of suntan lotion, lol.

my friend was messing around shooting his gun in a crono at the end of the day shooting on nxl full auto and other modes and the kid asks to take a couple shots and he shot a whole hopper and walked away
Old 07-10-2005, 10:33 PM #15
DeltaFox
Im in the 50

Heres my brief review of the GPL event 3 that I just played in.

Feild setups were above par. The x ball field was a great layout, as it is always. The Del's field was MUCH better than event 2, and I have no complaints. Both fields had great movement and good shooting lanes. The APS field didn't seem to click with me for some reason however, I believe it was a lack of tapeline battles.

Reffing was hit or miss. There were quite a few good refs who did their job excelently, there were quite a few refs who were most obviously reffing their first tournament. The Del's field seemed to have quite a few new refs that were not comfortable making a call on the field, leaving players in with obvious hits. (example : I slid superman style into the snake, taking a hit on my hopper on the way in. The hit was on the ground side of my hopper, and I left my gun on the ground and stayed still for a brief moment. As I was moving to pick up my gun and call myself out a ref began to check me. I flipped my hopper over to show him, and there was an obvious hit which had a bunch of grass and dust stuck to it. He called me clean and ran away to the net.) Tony Savage did an excellent job as ultimate ref, handling two major situations involving sandbagging and spectator coaching quickly. I do see a problem with the age of several of the referees being too young. For the next GPL I would like to see older (17 + year old) referees if possible, as the age of the referees had a direct influence on the quality of their reffing.

Scheduling and wait time went very well for our team. We had a minimum of 40 minutes and a maximum of an hour or so in between each game. We had no problems with chronoing, being called for games, or staying on schedule.

My only two complaints are the age/experience of the referees and the fact that my own team shot me out twice today. Hopefully you can help fix one of those next time.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:26 AM #16
ke398

On the Dels field, we watched player1 call for a paintcheck on player2. When the ref went to check player2, the ref grabbed player2's gun and pointed it down and flipped it to look for paint. Player1 now bunkers him and player2 is called out because the ref was holding his gun down at that time. This happened two games in a row. Anyone have an opinion on this? Should the player be neutral or something?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:55 AM #17
breakout17 (Banned)

ummm the bushwackers ref was from paintball arena on long island and knew like 4 of the teams there. but he wasnt favoring any1.

^^^^^^^^i watched that game and the player shuld be neutral
Old 07-11-2005, 10:40 AM #18
RobertPrez
"Guini"

i bunkered 2 guys before getting shot and one while being shot and only 1 guy got pulled its bull **** and all the refs sucked CCPL>GPL GPL SUCKS THE BIG ONE EVEN THOUGH WE TOOK SECOND
Old 07-11-2005, 10:42 AM #19
RobertPrez
"Guini"

if the player is dumb enough to call for a paintcheck then he should be eliminated...in tournaments dont get out until a ref pulls u out.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:50 AM #20
wdp bb23

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout17
ummm the bushwackers ref was from paintball arena on long island and knew like 4 of the teams there. but he wasnt favoring any1.

^^^^^^^^i watched that game and the player shuld be neutral
now that i think about he did know a couple people there if he was from paintball arena because i saw people with those shirts on. but he was a good enough ref that he would favoritize (sp) them.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 AM #21
Squidly
Team GXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPrez
if the player is dumb enough to call for a paintcheck then he should be eliminated...in tournaments dont get out until a ref pulls u out.
I love players like you. 1for1's for playing on make the games go that much faster for us.
Closed Thread