PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-03-2002, 12:13 PM #1
Yuji

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs down Leaky Grip

Okay, I've got a led matrix that has a leak coming from the manifold/solenoid area. I gas it up with the grip frame removed and it seems to be coming from this area...not sure what to do? I also have been using white lithium grease to lube the bolt...but I've been getting a serious air leak thru the bolt, I replaced all the top hat o-rings to no avail. Am I not lubing it enuff? white lithium not the proper lube? Help plz
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2002, 02:12 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
leaky stuff

The leak in the solenoid manifold can be caused by either too much ingoing pressure(your reg may be creeping) or more likely the orings in the spool/gasket are too dry to make a proper seal. i suggest you use some soapy wate and squirt it on the area the leak seems to be coming from so you know EXACTLY where the leak is. Either way you'll need to dismantle the solenoid and lube the gasket. If need be take the solenoid apart to get to the inner spool(small piece of sliding metal with orings) to lube it up. That will most likey stop the leaking. Solenoids and gaskets need love too!
As far as the leak down the barrel.....you may not be using enough lube. First I stronly suggest matrix muck, I've used everything else and found the muck to be superior. Second, don't just lube the orings before assembly, lube up the entire surface that any oring may slide along. If you dab a bit on the oring then assemlbe the gun....that little bit of grease will be spread over a large area making it less effective. I lube the orings then assemble the bolt and using my fingers work more lube onto every surface the orings will travel along as the gun fires, so there's lube in front of and behind each oring. Don't worry it doesn't take all that long once you look at it.
This formula has worked very well for me. I haven't replaced an oring yet....and I've put a LOT of paint through my baby already.
If you only get a leak down the barrel when you fire, and the gun won't work right after that....try adjusting your rear plug. If it leaks all the time then don't worry about the plug...relube it.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:48 PM #3
Yuji

Problem solved

Thx for the info! I used a little more trix juice...replaced the outer diameter o-ring and the bolt leak exited stage left As for the solendoid, put some soapy water on it and and it was leaking at the backside of the housing...removed screws and re-seated and dabbed a bit of lube on them and re-assembled...voila! Works awsome now.

Let me just say that I have never owned an electro before and everyone on my team has got a Timmy so it was time to step up to the plate. When I gassed her up and loaded up with some paint I proceeded to lay a rope with this baby!!! Does this thing shoot outright freakin' fast! I walked the trigger and it responded accordingly. Coming from a cheap bruizer semi-auto I was wondering if I would be able to pull the trigger like my semi...the electro's I've tried are so touchy and didn't have the full pull of my el-cheapo bruizer. Fortunatley those years of playing guitar have given me the ability to flail my two fingers like a crazed idiot. I wish I could determine exactly what my rof is cuz it's just nuts how quick this thing can lay the paint down. All in all I"m downright happy with this puppy...drewl drewl
btw...a buddy of mine was given this gun and he so kindly gave it to me to play with seing how he is partial to his Timmy...I'm so damn lucky...joy joy joy!!!
Thx again for the help

Last edited by Yuji : 07-03-2002 at 07:51 PM.