Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2002, 09:52 PM #1
ciaus

has been a member for 10 years
How to defend in this type of scenario?

the scenario is as follows

At a local field is one scenario called crackhouse. Basically its a woods type area and a small house. There is 3-4 guys inside the house and 10 or more guys outside. The real idea is for the attackers to grab a briefcase from the front of the house and take it off the field to win. The house is small with 2 large windows and an open door infront, an open door in back, a small window on one side and a couple of holes big enuff to stick the barrel of yer gun in and shoot blindly.

The biggest prob I have when in the house is when the attackers all open up at the same time to keep us down so they can flank us.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-03-2002, 12:43 AM #2
bj33

We have the same exact set-up, you wouldnt happen to live in louisiana would you?
I normally stay outa the crack house, but its very good to keep guys in it.
Last time i played a lil kid ran up right to the crack house and threw in a grenade. I shot him like 5 times before he got there, but it still counted.
o yea, refs hate blind shots, just try not to do it when there on the other side.

We'll all I could say is move around, there's always a way to get a good shot. especially in a place like your talkin about. all the little holes and woods around. Dont all cram into tha crackhouse, spread out and then you wont be surrounded easily
-Have Money! $$$
Old 07-03-2002, 08:49 AM #3
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

Ok, keep 3 inside, one hiding outside. have two people shooting through the two windows and the front door (snapshooting, but staying up and laying paint when possible) and one scouting from the inside, shooting from anywhere. His job is to watch for flankings, but still keep the pressure on.

The person hiding is on the far left/right of the house. Doesn't matter which. Once the enemy gets bogged down, he flanks the opposing team. This must be done quietly to ensure he is not discovered, but not slowly. If done slowly he will flank too late.

Your flanker doesn't waste time getting in a firefight he can't win. he gets close, stands up, and lays the paint. Not only will he eliminate, the other team will take it's attention from the house to shoot the flanker. So the house sitters have safer shots.

That's all I can really say without seeing the field myself.

Gun: Tippmann 98, Vertical adapter, Intruder Assault expansion chamber, 14" J&J Ceramic, 12 volt Revolution Java Edition.
Gear: ProLine half-finger gloves, Dye Invision, Dye kneepads, 32 Degrees 4+1.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:54 AM #4
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

Actually, make sure the flanker DOES get caught in a firefight. Less people shooting the house, for a longer time.

Gun: Tippmann 98, Vertical adapter, Intruder Assault expansion chamber, 14" J&J Ceramic, 12 volt Revolution Java Edition.
Gear: ProLine half-finger gloves, Dye Invision, Dye kneepads, 32 Degrees 4+1.