Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 PM #1
NO.SPD.LIMIT
est. 1978

Annual Supporting Member
NO.SPD.LIMIT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Exclamation When good product goes BAD.

This thread is here for field and store owners/techs to discuss problems with products.

Discuss how you fixed or remedied the situation.

How did you help the customer?

The first stone cast.......

Had a leak around the fill nipple in a brand new Empire 71ci 4500 tanks.
It was leaking the first time it was filled.
Im going to call NPS and ask for a new one or hopefuly I will get credit....

Last edited by NO.SPD.LIMIT : 07-08-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2005, 01:09 AM #2
tomax

has been a member for 10 years
On something like that i would just fix it. I take it on a case by case basis. If i can fix the problem fast and without the customer taking offence i fix it, if not i "try" to send it back. I say "try" because it's amazing how many companys do not stand behind their products.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:29 AM #3
two_four_878
Rugby-Elegant Violence

We've had 2 defective silver bullets
A defective SP On/Off valve
and a couple other little things.

The guns had defective boards and were sent back for credit, the on-off was sent back as well. We fix anything we have parts for and send back anything else.
"Why do fat girls give the best head?
Because they're hungry!"

FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1155844
Old 07-09-2005, 10:55 AM #4
NO.SPD.LIMIT
est. 1978

Annual Supporting Member
More on the EMPIRE 71ci 4500

I forgot to say, the fill nipple will not come off. Its very hard to unscrew on or off. Maybe crossthreaded?
Old 07-09-2005, 12:31 PM #5
guile530
Demon Dog!

'05 superstock. brand new out of box and the solenoid is dead. we swapped out parts with our on the wall model, and sent that one back. if you have a on the wall model for guns i would swap out parts and send the wall model back asap. we also have a brand new dark intimidator (mine) and the solenoid went out in 1 week. but since it was my backup gun i just called blast and they happily replaced it for free since it was a brand new gun. usually they dont replace solenoids since they dont make them. other common problems are spyder gripframes breaking on the victors and victor 2s'. but if you send them back to kingman they replace them fairly fast.
92/4500 crossfire tank

PM5
Red Halo B
Stiffi Switch
Old 07-09-2005, 12:44 PM #6
Capital Paintball

WGP 05 pro-stocks and Karnivors ever since Brass Eagle got there hands on them I have had problems, I got in 2 05 pro-stocks both with leaks in the valve, had to replace the oring and file the valve(there was scoring on the seat) one had to get a new valve pin. also happened to a 04 a few months ago, it leaked when i gassed it up then the front reg hanger ripped off the gun. seems someone stripped the mount screw and the metal shavings were all in the valve. sent that one back to Eagle and it took 2 months,25 phone calls and a lot of threats to get it replaced. Thats why i just fix them myself now. Kanivor had ram leak and a bad board. also have a superstock with a bad on-off switch. so far the worst company I have had to deal with. I need to stop carrying WGP.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:25 PM #7
NO.SPD.LIMIT
est. 1978

Annual Supporting Member
Bad revys

I had 3 12 volt revys go out and one day later the poor kids brought them back not working. No signs of tampering, I set them in to Jt usa/WGP/Brass Eagle...oh /K2. It took 4 weeks and many phone calls to get things straght. My rep there was switched twice. I never got the chance to speek to the same person twice. In the end they got there "stuff" together. Got the revys back to me. I still had to pay shipping to but not from. Waste of time and money. Cutomers are happy with new ones.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:47 PM #8
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 supports Sherwood Forest
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The shop I work at we got 6 (5 steel, one carbon fiber) PE N2 tanks with output presures around 1000 p.s.i. We sent them back 3 times for repair or exchange with no luck. On the third time we talk to their tech and he says that that 1000 p.s.i. is acceptable and will work on all guns. We don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2005, 05:55 PM #9
Devilstar2k2

Devilstar2k2 is a Supporting Member
Not all lines can support 1000 psi, can they?

Thats almost a safety issue, if you ask me.

For example, Dye markers come with line that is 625 test. So I just throw it away, and replace it with a higher grade line.

EDIT-

BTW, I'm not a store owner. But I do buy/sell/trade alot of gear.

I just happen to come across this page, and figured that I'd drop my two cents on the subject since you asked.

Last edited by Devilstar2k2 : 07-09-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:06 PM #10
Devilstar2k2

Devilstar2k2 is a Supporting Member
Report me all you want, I don't own a store or have any wholesale accounts. These are my personal markers. I traded a slightly used DM5 for a lot of 4 NIB Ions and some accessories.

BTW, I was just trying to help...

Now, when people use an anti-siphon Co2 w/ steel line, isn't that more than 850psi into the reg? I'm pretty sure that most regs can handle it (not 100% sure, but pretty sure nonetheless), even if the line can't.

Either way, PMI needs to repair those tanks of yours...

Also, just an FYI, I used to mod for this site, and am fully aware of the rules. None of which were broken by me.

Nice try though...

--------------------------------------------------------

As for what I said earlier about hi-test line possibly not being able to handle 1000psi, can anyone confirm that? I'm just curious as to what a 'hi-test' line can handle.

Feel free to PM me an answer, so as to stay on topic.

Last edited by Devilstar2k2 : 07-09-2005 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added a question to my post...
Old 07-09-2005, 06:34 PM #11
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Those markers are definately his personal markers. He can sell them for whatever he wants.

Also, he isn't breaking any rules. He is on topic. You don't have to be a store owner to post here. Do you own a store? Your sig says you are just an employee. Report yourself.

I will remember to never shop at the store you work at though. The people working there seem to be a little smug for me.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:24 PM #12
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm sorry his edit came after me typing my post. I meant he was breaking the forum rules for selling merchandise straight from buying it wholesale. Both of you are right I did completely over-react without knowing exactly what was going on.

Edit: Post in question has been deleted. The great thing about forums is you can take back what you said, sort of.

Last edited by CrazyDriver84 : 07-11-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 AM #13
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDriver84
The shop I work at we got 6 (5 steel, one carbon fiber) PE N2 tanks with output presures around 1000 p.s.i. We sent them back 3 times for repair or exchange with no luck. On the third time we talk to their tech and he says that that 1000 p.s.i. is acceptable and will work on all guns. We don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
not all guns will work off of 1000 psi, say a kid has a spyder pilot, or a victor, basically any unregulated spyder/clone, there will be 1000psi pushing against the vent pin, when the hammer hits it, it may not open up the valve enough, causing low velocety, and recock issues.

the other probelem is with angels, older stock mini regs can barely even get velocety on a 800-850 output down to legal (assuming 280)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:33 PM #14
Wicked Game

Annual Supporting Member
Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have been fortunate enough to have only small problems that were easily fixed. The only other issue I have had was with a Matrix, and Dye took care of the warranty work.
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM #15
Evil Wantabe

Quote:
You can always pull the shim out from under the belvile washer stack on the pe tanks, And if you need you can put in a low pressure drop in kit that will drop the pe tanks down to 500-600 psi.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:29 PM #16
NO.SPD.LIMIT
est. 1978

Annual Supporting Member
up
Old 07-23-2005, 01:09 PM #17
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
The Store i work for has had a batch of c02 tanks (20oz) with burst disks that were not on all the way....scared the hell outta us filling em...but solved by tightening the burst disk.

The worst we have had has been low end electros (rebels mostly) with boards that are shorting out....My suggestion...On low end electros stick to the well known brand: spyder, PMI. Quality comes in the name

SK
Old 07-23-2005, 01:12 PM #18
25bps (Banned)
Cause for Concern

25bps is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO.SPD.LIMIT
Had a leak around the fill nipple in a brand new Empire 71ci 4500 tanks.
It was leaking the first time it was filled.

The most recent tank I bought had the same problem, the store owner simply filled and emptied the tank a couple times, and the leak was gone. Just my $0.02
Old 07-23-2005, 05:54 PM #19
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_four_878
We've had 2 defective silver bullets
A defective SP On/Off valve
and a couple other little things.

The guns had defective boards and were sent back for credit, the on-off was sent back as well. We fix anything we have parts for and send back anything else.
Silver Bullet is junk. The Diablo II is far better in quality than the SB. We just received 5 "repaired" SB's from NPS. 4 of them have been repaired one or more times by them. Those are probably going to become rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Paintball
WGP 05 pro-stocks and Karnivors ever since Brass Eagle got there hands on them I have had problems, I need to stop carrying WGP.
We dumped WGP and won't look back until they fix their problems. They still owe me hundreds of dollars of equipment I bought that they won't acknowledge. K2 is a four letter word. I'm an Autococker fan, but its just a waste of money in today's market. Zero support, awful sales staff, morons in tech support.

Quote:
Who did you talk to??? Call and ask for Brian. They had some spring packs that let 1000PSI through. We took them out, put 750PSI spring packs in, and everything is fine. If they won't help you drop me an e-mail I'll be happy to tell you how to fix those. They can be shimmed, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero
The worst we have had has been low end electros (rebels mostly) with boards that are shorting out....My suggestion...On low end electros stick to the well known brand: spyder, PMI. Quality comes in the name
We've had very good luck with the Rebels over the years. Just call NPS with your dealer account number, ask for parts/repair, and they'll send you new motherboards, harnesses, or solenoids for the Rebels. Our Rebel rentals still work like a dream. Great cup seals too.

Viewloader/Brass Eagle is my most hated company. We've shipped numerous Triads, Orions, Genesis, etc (we didn't sell them) and the company just ships them back with an explanation of what is wrong. They don't fix them, they just ship them back with a note. Morons. I should scan some of the notes I've gotten from those bags. Complete waste of time. Kingman is second on my list, but they've gotten better (much better) lately.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.