PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-21-2005, 06:11 PM #22
mrgr8ness

has been a member for 10 years
I am looking to do what Jom is saying. I have been very close to my local field-friends with the owners, ref the field, help out, play for the team. Now they are looking to sell-both work full time jobs beside the store, family, etc. They want one of the guys who are invloved with the store to step up and take ownership, me being one of the primary candidates. We talked about the buying it over time/profit sharing, where they stay on and help till I get my feet wet. I have like almost no money to invest, very little business background, but a ton of customer service, purchasing, and of course paintball knowledge. This would be a dream for me to do, but I am totally scared to take the plunge.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2005, 06:24 PM #23
paintball_kid03

Well im 16 and my mom owns a store and there are no proshops around for like 30 - 40 min. So we are gonna start a small store that will just get newer players interested around here. Me and couple other teammates are gonna do alot of the selling. Right now we are waiting for our retail license to come in. Then we will look for someone to buy wholesale from. We are started with like 100$ and up a piece. For now everything will go into my moms store untill we get space to store it. Mainly at first we would be happy to make 20$ a week. Like Pbnation's thread for NIB items only is a big plus for us. We are just trying to get more people locally who are new or never played to come to this great sport. Just get cheaper products. Then if we make enough money to step we will.
Think that sounds good?
Aim: JasonC2k3
Msn: jason_clutts@hotmail.com
Yahoo: Jasonils2k3

Last edited by paintball_kid03 : 07-21-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:59 PM #24
2DYE4

encourage people to ask ?s no matter how rediculas they may think they are.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:38 PM #25
GoBsToPpEr
I KILL FOR DERDER

Indeed make sure to make the newer players happy. Keep it chill. Purchase a nice tv some couches some xboxs or something and hell maybe even have some drinks for sale. Ive always wanted to have a shop also be local hangout. That should make your sales ROCKET.
NYX Fan Club Member #245
Long Island Paintball
Check out the new, top secret underground HK Army / Hostile Kids forum on PbNation! (Click Here)
Old 07-22-2005, 03:41 PM #26
paintball_kid03

Well in my moms store we will sell capichinos(something like that) and drinks. At first it pretty much was going to abe a spot to hang out and eat pizza, drink, computers. Then we got the idea of having part paintball store too.
Aim: JasonC2k3
Msn: jason_clutts@hotmail.com
Yahoo: Jasonils2k3