PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-07-2005, 04:08 PM #1
projectcocker

Adjustng FPS on diablo wrath?

Hi i was just wondering what the best way to adjust the FPS on a diablo wrath is?

Some sources say that you should set the inline regulator to 200-250 and then use the LPR to adjust FPS.

I believe that this is dangerous and could blow the solenoid if the LPR is turned up too high. Also is it a good idea to turn down the LPR and increase it slowly the first time you air up your diablo wrath? How would you know what pressure to set the LPR too?

At the moment i don't own a wrath yet but i plan to after some more research and i also plan to purchase the ACP delrin ram, bolt, and pin. After reading the information on CPS. How would you set it the pressure to 400psi?
Is that pressure from the LPR? Could that pressure be to great for the solenoid?

If that pressure was meant to be set by the inline regulator, how would that affect the velocity?

I've tried looking up information on these topics and failed to find anything specific to them. Please help me so i can join the Wrath LEGION
Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 PM #2
squints88
SYSTEM

squints88 is a Supporting Member
to initially set the lpr pressure, screw the lpr all the way out. Then set the hpr to 200-250psi. Turn the lpr a half turn, then shoot over a chrono, half turn, shoot, keep doing this until you get it at 280fps. Once at 280fps, the lpr is set correctly, and any further velocity adjustments should be done with the hpr.

For the delrin ram, the HPR should be running at 400psi, then do the same procedure as above to dial in the lpr. I think i heard somewhere that the lpr is actually set lower with the delrin ram, but im not sure. Hope this helps and I hope you join the legion!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:33 PM #3
projectcocker

How do u know, that your LPR is set too high. I live up here in Canada, so i don't really wanna be sending my diablo wrath back to the states if i screw up the solenoid or board.

400psi? sounds like a lot of pressure closing down on the cupseal. Doesnt that mean you would have to increase the LPR even more to get the ram to hit the valve pin harder?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:47 PM #4
bladerunner2000

sorry i am kind of new and i was just wondering what part of the lpr do i screw to ajust the amount of airflow.

feedback-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1065862

help this guy find his gun
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM #5
projectcocker

Uh, i would guess the screw for the LPR is in the front. AND QUIT THREAD JACKING MY THREAD lol.

I don't understand how increasing the HPR to 400psi can increase cycles per second. The HPR has no affect on the air ram assembly. The LPR does however.

So how does increasing to 400psi increase cycles per second? (of course with acp delrin ram, bolt, and pin)
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM #6
squints88
SYSTEM

there is a hole in the front for an allen key, screw it in to raise pressure, and out to reduce it.

You don't really know when the lpr is set too high, thats why you dial it in like I told you. If you start with the correct HPR setting (200-250psi) then back the lpr all the way out and increase it until you get to 280fps, that is the perfect setting. Just don't touch the lpr and there is no way that it will get too high.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:55 PM #7
squints88
SYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectcocker
Uh, i would guess the screw for the LPR is in the front. AND QUIT THREAD JACKING MY THREAD lol.

I don't understand how increasing the HPR to 400psi can increase cycles per second. The HPR has no affect on the air ram assembly. The LPR does however.

So how does increasing to 400psi increase cycles per second? (of course with acp delrin ram, bolt, and pin)
well the ram is lighter than the stock one, that increases the cps. The hpr must be raised to 400psi for the gun to shoot at the same fps. This is what the guys at ACP told us so I;m just relaying the facts lol...don't shoot the messenger!!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:04 PM #8
Octav
penguin love

I adjust everything with my hpr after I got my lpr to the place i want it. It is soo much safer that way. At one field they make us play at 250 fps so my gun pressure is like 175 =) When my gun is at 300 it is around 185. I have my wrath set pretty wierd though.
bl torpedo reg
T-Board (vers C)
Fbm wave trigger
Reloader B
Old 07-07-2005, 07:27 PM #9
Lynxx
Hardcore 'Til I Die

...You get bad effeciancy from having the HPR that low...best effeciancy is at 250 according to Toolshed
Old 08-24-2005, 07:17 PM #10
krogers09

krogers09 supports Cereal Killerz 2
krogers09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
krogers09 supports Team VICIOUS
krogers09 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OK so im an idiot. what else do you asjust except for the Reg screw. I guess what I am really asking is what is the LPR?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:21 PM #11
ah_skeet (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krogers09
OK so im an idiot. what else do you asjust except for the Reg screw. I guess what I am really asking is what is the LPR?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:46 PM #12
bladerunner2000

if a thread is this old then you are probably going to be ok making a new one.

but i guess you used the search feature so thank you for doing that.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:52 PM #13
viss22
Wrath

ok, so with a delrin ram, what pressure do you set the hpr to innitially
Old 10-02-2005, 05:31 PM #14
bladerunner2000

it doent really matter what you set it to initally but go for like 250 and then go up or down as needed.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:22 PM #15
paintballgameattic
I am a secksy paintballer

how can you unscrew the lpr all the way if that hose is there? im guessing you unscrew the hose.......?

My feedback

"Originally posted by Quest4dabest: THREW HIS HOPPER AT ME!!! which was the dumbest thing ever, cuz i dodged it and it shattered right on the ground"
Explaining how this guy **** his pants, because he scared him in a paintball match, and oh em gee, he ran in the corner crying.... at a tournament
Old 01-08-2006, 04:41 PM #16
Paintball Pyro

he is talking about the lpr screw on the front similar to the one on the bottom of the hpr
Even When You Cant See Him... God Is There... If You Believe In Him, Put This In Your Sig
Old 01-08-2006, 04:56 PM #17
Spaz 419
Mascot

Spaz 419 is a Supporting Member
Dude i dxont know anyone at 400 sounds like a bad idea to me I run 250 on hp reg then adjust lp to get 258 on crono.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:04 PM #18
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is a Moderator
jjdustr340 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jjdustr340 posts videos on PbNation
jjdustr340 supports our troops
jjdustr340 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jjdustr340 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballgameattic
how can you unscrew the lpr all the way if that hose is there? im guessing you unscrew the hose.......?
There is an adjustment screw inside the LPR. If you look at the front of it, you will see a hex screw. Put an allen wrench in there and turn it in to increase the velocity, out to decrease.
You don't turn the entire LPR.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:05 PM #19
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
rottensquad07 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
for those wondering why the HPR would need to be adjusted to like 400psi, it is because it will require more airflow through the valve to propell the paintball to desired speed. There are a few ways to dial everything in. I can see why some would want to use the HPR to set velocity. Heck, on my Cyborg, you even adjust it that way. What I would recommend doing is setting the HPR to 200, and experiment with the pressures that way. Keep in mind that sometimes the gun will shoot closer to 285 fps with the HPR lower as there is less resistance on the front of the valve.

-Black/black Planet Eclipse Etek 3-
Old 05-27-2006, 01:17 AM #20
Maniac1976
Paint first, ask later

i think i see a pattern, high pressure reg set to 400 gives a quick burst of high pressure to achieve 280 fps
high pressure reg set to 200, gives a longer burst of lower pressure to achieve 280 fps.
does this sound right?
if so i can see why you might get better efficency at higher pressure
Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 PM #21
Wrath99
Skeet On The Walls

i know the hpr is the one with the meter but were is the screw located???

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?