Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2005, 08:20 AM #1
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Coache's Corner: Practice

"Practice. Not the game. Practice. Were talking about practice..." Alan Iverson.

Coaches every where tell their players to practice the way they play. They tell them this, because to be the best, what you do on the field has to happen without thought. It has to be like reflex. This develops through practice, practice, practice. You can't turn it on at an event, and off at practice...Or can you?

Cheating is a sore topic in tournament paintball. Everyone does it, but gernerally speaking, no one wants to admit it. Let's just address cheating at practice for now.

I try to teach every team I get involved with to not concern themselves with the shady acts another team may pull during a practice session. I actually welcome it. The harder they make it for us in practice the better off we will be. At a tournament the refs will be a factor not present at practice. Hopefully they will level the playing field, and we will be better prepared due to the fact that we had to hit everyone 5 times to get them off the field in practice. The event will only take 3-4 times each.

I do not mean to say I think dishonest play is ok. I wish we could play this game with no refs on the field.

***Side Note: It can be done, though on a rookie level. I once ran a no ref 3 on 3 event, and it went off very well, to even my surprize.***

Next: Preparing for, and having a productive practice.
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2005, 11:16 AM #2
Dunney
See ya on the 50!

Boston = #1
Old 07-04-2005, 11:54 PM #3
Muppet_Assassin
Nor*Cal Gun For Hire

So true.. You should comment on bonus balling.. It takes up time when you could have shot another player instead of shooting somone because you have a grudge.. games arent won through evening a grudge.. they're won through killing people fast and efficiently.. too many times have i seen people get shot becuase they waste their time on bonus balling when they could have shot that other player before they had a chance to shoot them... Bonus balling loses games.. not wins them...

Sorry.. just felt like it needed to be said since wiping gets you penalties and so does bonus balling..

Ironman Matrix and Marq 6 F/S/T

SirePaintball
Old FeedBack

""Originally posted by hogans_dave: ...plus hes a NorCal baller so his gun has 2 rip""
Old 07-05-2005, 09:52 AM #4
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Self Control on and off the field will be addressed in a later post, but thank you for the idea!
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
Old 07-15-2005, 05:49 PM #5
socalmadpbstar
Rocking Vans

has been a member for 10 years
socalmadpbstar is playing at Living Legends III
personally i think bonus balling is one of the greatest techniques a player can use. IT dose two things, when a player gets bonus balled, there teammates freak. And the other thing is in xball, it takes them more time to get clean for the next go, soo they spend more time getting pissed, then thinking about there next game plan. EDit- what i mean by bonus balling is good, is your right. You shouldnt take time to shoot guys down, but if you see and opening guy walking to dead box or he ran by and missed you. Give him a few more, makes him get pissed and think less abou this next game.
------------------------------
ArtOfPumphttp://artofpump.com/mMmMMm..BRAINS!!
Zombie Paintballhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Zombie...28010693930708

Last edited by socalmadpbstar : 07-15-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:07 PM #6
c4rv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmadpbstar
personally i think bonus balling is one of the greatest techniques a player can use. IT dose two things, when a player gets bonus balled, there teammates freak. And the other thing is in xball, it takes them more time to get clean for the next go, soo they spend more time getting pissed, then thinking about there next game plan. EDit- what i mean by bonus balling is good, is your right. You shouldnt take time to shoot guys down, but if you see and opening guy walking to dead box or he ran by and missed you. Give him a few more, makes him get pissed and think less abou this next game.
Or you could just have skill/talent enough to beat them the next game...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:15 PM #7
greenkill

greenkill is a Supporting Member
Quote:
or you can actually take the time and effort and get better than your opponents than spend the time trying to think of devious ways to get an edge and have no sportsmanship. oh well.
A - Actuating point

S------F--A------E
Old 07-17-2005, 06:03 PM #8
c4rv3

Good call =).
Old 07-28-2005, 11:45 PM #9
XxXTorm3ntXxX
Defeat.

Smile

or if your a good player with self control you wont get pissed when u take a few more balls i mean it is all in the game but i guess your way works too!

Originally Posted by Deimus85
I concur
Old 07-29-2005, 07:29 PM #10
THAT_GUY_BEHIND_U

Quote:
holliday from strange said the same thing inone of his articles.

BILL COSBY>ALL
Old 07-29-2005, 08:13 PM #11
shockersnotcockers (Banned)

good topic!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:13 PM #12
snoop13

snoop13 is a Supporting Member
these threads are awesome
DC NASTY
Pants Sale
Jersey Sale