PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-03-2005, 07:00 PM #1
demented pumper
AKA Superman

any chance of a new nova

i was thinking, a few of my friends and i love the old style nova, but not the assualt 80's. i think we should have a new nova built or just refinished and use the old technology with some new things trown in.

1.have a shortened body and a reg as a front grip and run the air line through the front and not the back

2. have a 45grip so drops and rails and other things can be used

3. have the same or better heavenly body

4.maybe have an upgrade or choice to have a single trigger or double

5. for the electro have a blade trigger witha a faster cycling speed and have a good board non cheater ramping board

6. maybe have center feed with angel threaded or cocker threaded feedneck or even come with a clamping feedneck

7. less downtime easier to maintain easier to take apart and maybe a oring kit made for it

there are many things that are loved about the nova that cant be found in other guns. i think that the nova just needs a make over and to be reintroduced, i know i would sell my guns for one,would you?

is there any way this can be produced, what do yall think just throwin out an idea

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2005, 07:20 PM #2
dEATh

has been a member for 10 years
From what I understand from the "we are listening" thread War Machine is working on something very much like this.

1. Yes, front vertical ASA reg.

2. Don't know, but most probably the standard two hole style drop 'interface'

3. Black by the sounds of it.

4. don't know

5. I think you'll want a drednought for that, or A80.

6. don't know

7. Tricky, but with the propper care Novas live along time without tinkering.
The one thing I don't like is the three prong bayonette barrel attatchment.
Mine is missalligned and is thus pure hell to handle.

Hope Kirk can drop by and give you good answers, until then I hope that answers some of your questions.

//dEATh
Old 07-03-2005, 07:44 PM #3
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

The Nova's at WM aren't going to be done. I guess I'll tell ya all now, Kirk no longer works there and Chris is trying to back off of paintball entirely, only maintaining a field and small parts/proshop for tippmanns and the like. So now WarMachine is known mostly for the T-Shirt Guns and Baseball guns that they make (which are really...fun by the way ).

Second of all - many of the things listed that you suggest are good suggestions, but all together they would furnish a completely different gun. Certain things such as theframe and mainbody define Nova's for what they are. If you made a Nova more mainstream you would wind up with the Mayhem or Assault 80 - which is the original intention behind the pair all together (they would be an "upgraded" Nova with the more modern concepts thrown in).

Finally, about the Dreadnaught - that was a design scratched about 4 months ago. Only one proto-model was made and I must say that it was quite heavenly, weighing in at ~1.4lbs and able to achieve 1400 without tweaking off a 68/45. After tweaking we got around 1600, but never really got into it since we weren't allowed to use it for anything. It's one gun that'll be hanging on the wall as a little toy for a long time

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK

Last edited by Polish Guy : 07-03-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:34 PM #4
dEATh

Well, that all sucks.

We need someone to break into someplace, grab the dreadnaught, tare it apart and document all parts in minute detail for web distrobution and in effekt make it an "open source"... forcefully opened source mayhaps design.

That way anyone with access to a machineshop and the skils needed could build their own.

Sure, it sucks for any and all PPL that designed it, but they make no money off it as is.

...we could return the original once it's documented... and start a fundraiser for any broken windows/locks.

It would be an expencive marker for most PPL, but atleast they wouldn't be walking like zombies in the WDP, Smart parts, Bob long, Dye flock of wanker elitists.

My two ören.

//dEATh
Old 07-05-2005, 01:12 PM #5
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Ya, that's breaking and entering....

And now I know you're coming so I'll just have to beef up my sercurity....like with trip wires, blow up dolls, and pseudo-lava lamps...

But in truth, the Dreadnaught isn't that much of a leap in mechanical means from the Assault 80. Although many things are different, the operating nature has not changed.

FeedbacK
Old 07-05-2005, 03:36 PM #6
amcfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Guy
The Nova's at WM aren't going to be done. I guess I'll tell ya all now, Kirk no longer works there and Chris is trying to back off of paintball entirely, only maintaining a field and small parts/proshop for tippmanns and the like. So now WarMachine is known mostly for the T-Shirt Guns and Baseball guns that they make (which are really...fun by the way ).

Second of all - many of the things listed that you suggest are good suggestions, but all together they would furnish a completely different gun. Certain things such as theframe and mainbody define Nova's for what they are. If you made a Nova more mainstream you would wind up with the Mayhem or Assault 80 - which is the original intention behind the pair all together (they would be an "upgraded" Nova with the more modern concepts thrown in).

Finally, about the Dreadnaught - that was a design scratched about 4 months ago. Only one proto-model was made and I must say that it was quite heavenly, weighing in at ~1.4lbs and able to achieve 1400 without tweaking off a 68/45. After tweaking we got around 1600, but never really got into it since we weren't allowed to use it for anything. It's one gun that'll be hanging on the wall as a little toy for a long time

<scream as Captain Kirk screams Khan>

Noooooooooooooo! Noooooooooooooooo!

</shatner>
Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 AM #7
dEATh

Well, we could always plot down the a80 to blueprint and start working from that. Put all our theory brain power to work, or something.
If nothing else that could be fun.

From what I understand the most complex part of the a80 is the main spool, and those have been reproduced by PPL on this forum.

Heck, there's a guy on the customs forum that's built an Excalibur from very close to scratch.

The sucky part is ofcourse that noone in this day and age will build a prototype and then share the data with the rest of the world. So even if we design the marker to were it could be built I don't think we could get useful prototypeing done.

...still, it would rock...

//dEATh
Old 07-06-2005, 02:27 AM #8
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

If you guys ever get that bored or need info you know where I'll be.

FeedbacK
Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 AM #9
baldusi

What a sad day. Learning that. I guess I'll have to go ahead with my theories. Since I'm happiliy safe from all the patent ridicule.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM #10
dEATh

Hummmm...

Should we start hoping for a BaldusiNaught?

And since you are offering Polish; though I gather it's to tall of an order, but pictures of the Dreadnaught prototype would rock.
I have theories of how to make a smaler A80, but I doubt they would boost the efficiency beyond the gains of having less moving mass.

//dEATh
Old 07-07-2005, 12:27 PM #11
baldusi

I wish. The truth is that my designs are quite different from a nova. But should I have a blueprint of a Dreadnaught. Who know?
I'm starting easy for now.