PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-30-2002, 09:31 AM #1
shock10169

has been a member for 10 years
new Gun

I am selling my shocker which I haved loved for the past few years. I was looking at the matrix, and i was just woindering. Is the matrix a shoot as far as a cocker and a shocker? and how is the accuracy? Thanks alot for your help
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2002, 11:34 AM #2
Da Big 68
I Play Paintball

The matrix shootes farther than a cocker and a shocker and just as fast as a angel if not faster.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:00 PM #3
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
distance = weight of paintball, fps, air resistance and gravity... the gun has nothing to do with it.

accuracy = paint to barrel match, quality of the barrel, quality of paintball and fps. Once again, the gun does nothing...

you need to realize this. Smart Parts lies, don't believe what they say.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 06-30-2002, 03:28 PM #4
Da Big 68
I Play Paintball

I agree with your reasoning . but why is it when I put a freak on my matrix with the red insert and inferno shooting at 300 it shoots like a bullet all the way across a speed ball field end to end.then when i put the same set up on my shutter why dose it only shoot a little past half way. I wonder why that happened . and if accuracy is only paint to barel match then why don't all those cocker lovers just drop there cocker and get some electro spyder and shoot it just as accurate as a their cocker nuff said!
Old 06-30-2002, 03:34 PM #5
Da Big 68
I Play Paintball

to finish answering shocks question accuracy is just like a cocker
Old 06-30-2002, 10:16 PM #6
Dtang15

hey da big. maybe turn up the velocity on your spyder. it probably wasnt shooting near the same the mtrix was.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:46 PM #7
Treghc

the only thing I could think of

1 - you're lying

2 - the velocity and paintballs were not the same.

I do not care what you say. you have NOTHING to support your opinion on accuracy and distance. I have simple physics that you just can't seem to apply to your own head.

Wh ydo cockers love their guns? Cuz they're fun to toy with, they look cool, they feel nice, etc. Also, quite a few of them are ignorant as you are and think Cockers are more accurate or have farther range due to a closed bolt system. Not true, nothign supports it, will never be proven. Try all you want, there are NO supporting facts at all to say a Cocker will shoot further or more accurately than a Matrix. Nor will a Matrix shoot farhter or more accurately than a Cocker. Just get it in your head. You're buying into Smart Parts' lies and marketing gimmicks.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 07-01-2002, 05:08 AM #8
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
The Matrix is the only gun that I feel has "cocker-like" accuracy.

Every gun does NOT have the same accuracy even with paint/barrel match. There are too many variables between guns to use your high schools physics as an argument.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 07-01-2002, 10:06 AM #9
Treghc

hmmm... every gun pushes the ball forward, every gun expels no more than 130 psi on to the paintball which in turn propels the paintball out of the barrel. The ONLY difference is cocking pressure. No one has proven that higher cocking pressure will obstruct the paintballs original trajectory or not. It shouldn't because all it does is push the paintball forward faster. Not up, not down, forward. Common sense is taking place here.

Now, don't turn this into another worthless thread of distance/accuracy. There are too many of them out there.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 07-01-2002, 03:01 PM #10
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Treghc
hmmm... every gun pushes the ball forward, every gun expels no more than 130 psi on to the paintball which in turn propels the paintball out of the barrel. The ONLY difference is cocking pressure. No one has proven that higher cocking pressure will obstruct the paintballs original trajectory or not. It shouldn't because all it does is push the paintball forward faster. Not up, not down, forward. Common sense is taking place here.

Now, don't turn this into another worthless thread of distance/accuracy. There are too many of them out there.
1) You contradict yourself in the first two sentences.
2) When does common sense have anything to do with physics?
3) There are a LOT of these threads for a good reason.

When you get a reputable unbiased physics GOD on here to agree with you then come back here (Good luck with that!). Until then, your physics argument holds NO water when it comes to accuracy.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 07-01-2002, 04:07 PM #11
Treghc

what I want you to do is explain to me how a cocker is more accurate then an Angel. I remember in a thread a long time ago (open bolt vs. closed bolt) you just stated "I don't know how cockers are more accurate, they just are." That proves enough for me not to believe whatever you say.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 07-01-2002, 05:05 PM #12
Bungie
The One & Only

u can explain it with phsyics, but u cant explain it on the field. the cocker is consitently more accurate then a spyder. even if u have same paint match.

however, accuracy most often equals consistency. the more consistent u are, all the balls will have the same range, so ur more accurate.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:15 PM #13
Treghc

very true bungie. Spyder's are not consistent at all, which contributes to faulty accuracy.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 07-01-2002, 05:24 PM #14
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Treghc
what I want you to do is explain to me how a cocker is more accurate then an Angel. I remember in a thread a long time ago (open bolt vs. closed bolt) you just stated "I don't know how cockers are more accurate, they just are." That proves enough for me not to believe whatever you say.
Of course I cant explain it, Im NOT a physics GOD, dont you pay attention?

I can turn around and ask you to prove that it doesnt shoot more accurately. You cant....

The fact that you are so ignorant to think that all guns will shoot the same based just on consistency shows me that you know nothing.

Old 07-02-2002, 01:58 AM #15
MULLETMANIA
Headbanger

Not to mention the user ability to shoot, and the gun's kick plays in accuracy here. Cocker, matrix, and shocker, all have almost no kick, while shooting a spyder, you get a noticeable amount of kick.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:40 AM #16
killer-69

Treghc

Just to add something,

I believe that it isnt just paint/bore match and velocity that make accuracy. It also has to do with things such as, The way the air hits the ball and if the ball is in motion or still right before it is shot.

There are way too many variables involving in the accuracy of different markers to say that they all shoot the exact same with the same barrels/paint/velocity. When you say that they shoot the same with equal paint/bore match and velocity, your only controlling 3 variables out of possibly hundreds.

Until you can come to me and show that you are able controll every single variable and found that the accuracy was the same with EVERY type of paintball marker out there, I will not listen to you, sorry.

Peace.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:26 AM #17
CRUCIATUS
nothing

CRUCIATUS is a founding member
im not a physics expert,,ill only state what i have came across in my own "hands on" experience..I have had some of the shi$$yest of guns and some of the thought to be better ones...from a pump BE talon and Stingray,,and now i have Matrix and an Angel. I remember back in the day,,,using those guns,,and my spyder,,matching paint up. I remember sitting around and shooting things and them sucking. I couldnt hit anything. And I know for a fact, when i got my first cocker, things changed. The gun WAS more accurate. DOnt know why and dont really care,,but i know mine was more accurate than the BE's.

I understand the whole "paint to barrel match" thing. I was doing it way back then. They were NOT accurate. I DO understand,, that a round ball will only fly soo straight through air, but i know from my own experience, that my cocker and matrix shot more accurate then my BE and Kingman guns.

just stating "my" facts
Old 07-02-2002, 09:36 AM #18
DEATHFIST
my back

i think you guys are forgetting how the basic design of each marker can effect accuracy.. for instance the spyder type markers link the bolt and hammer together and they move at the same time.. the matrix is a completely different design... the cocker too, a different design.. and this different design of the cocker is what i feel makes it more accurate.. it offers a more stable shooting platform because the internals hammer and bolt are moving separately.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:01 AM #19
Treghc

Killer, you are right. But likewise, no one can prove the other way around. From every gun that I have shot with a good paint/barrel match I've seen not so noticeable differences. now air resistance takes into affect also, along with the quality of the shell, how the fill stick to the outside, etc... What I'm saying is that it's much more paint and barrel than it is gun.

Kick is a big thing (DF has already seen me argue about this ). One of the reasons why I chose a Matrix was the kick. It has zero which lets you have a more stable gun to shoot. Spyders have kick, no matter what and it's quite a considerable amount too, along with lower end guns. Consistency is a big part. Some guns aren't made as efficiently as others. the air path may have obstructions, etc., thus allowing fluctuations in velocity. In return, the paintball may be going much faster and hook at the end, or likewise, it could be going much slower and just fall short.

The way you shoot a marker also helps. You need to make sure that YOU are accurate when aiming. How do you know you were off if aim down the side of barrel? Only years of experience can help you.

As if it matters though. These arguements are worthless. You choose whichever gun you want, I'll choose mine. In the end, it's the most experienced player who wins. I've played with kids who have Angels and can't hit sh¡t. But I've played with more experienced players who can hit a 3" target within a second. So instead of arguing about this crap, I'm just gonna go out and play. See ya

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien