Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 09:06 PM #1
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballs First Movie ever

Well guys, heres the laydown, i just got home from being on set at paintballs first movie, in your face, let me tell you, the filming was long and tedious. being on set 14 hours a day was tough, and the heat of the southern california sun was beating down on the whole crew and staff letting us know it meant business. but from my vantage point as an extra and a temporary member of crew, it looked well worth it. the movie looks to be very interesting, i have had the opportunity to read the script, and it is action packed and has lots of twists in the plot. i wont leak any info, but the time i was there was for the filming of their tournament scene, setting up the airball field was tough, but thanks to budd orr and all from wgp for the usage of their sup air bunkers and his compressor, tom kaye played a key role, animal paintball contributed lots, crossfire lent the use of their tanks (i was eyeing their new 88 'phat' tanks, ive wanted one for a while), and planet eclipse and ricochet lent their loaders and pods, allen paintball played a big part, and most of all DYE, they were a big help in the lending of their invision goggle systems, one of which i wear in the scene where i get hit off the break in the head (i was supposed to be shot in the goggles, but the stunt coordinator hit me in my head, youll see it in the movie). there were many other supporters that i just cant name all of them, but among them were 32 degrees, wicked mpulse, and blackstar. anywhoo, from what i saw and read, the movie is going to be great, and im not just advertising it, it really truly does look promising. while the movie is a paintball movie, it is geared more towards none serious tourny players, you will see this WHEN you watch the movie, and you will watch it, or else you wont be good at paintball anymore, playing, but get out there, spread the word about the movie, and visit their booth at all the coming major tournys including IAO and the Cup. My very own newest friend Aaron Christopher will be there to tell you more about the movie, and hopefully have clips to show as well, anywhoo, get out there and spread the word about PAINTBALLS FIRST MOVIE, In Your Face. Peaceout all, Aaron Jaffe, ajdx100@yahoo.com

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2002, 09:18 PM #2
TKO_Automag

whos directing it and when will it be out?
automag
Old 06-29-2002, 09:19 PM #3
ajdx1000
GnarKill

wells

they wrapped out on friday, i cant recall the directors name, but it will be out in october, thats their goal.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 06-29-2002, 09:24 PM #4
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Theaters?
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-29-2002, 09:25 PM #5
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ummm

they said they might try theatres, but then something about just dvd, so im not too clear, i think their goal is theatres, but i know that dvd is a for sure.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 06-29-2002, 09:28 PM #6
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Then it wouldnt really be paintballs first movie then...
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-29-2002, 09:29 PM #7
ajdx1000
GnarKill

hey man

its a movie, it doesnt have to be in theatres to count as a movie, ok? if you want to spam then go somewhere else, geeze, not even 5 minutes and i get someone bagging on the MOVIE.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 06-29-2002, 09:34 PM #8
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Dude, im not trying to slam anything. I actually am looking forward to seeing it. It's just a little decieving by calling it the "first paintball movie," that's all.

No Worries
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-29-2002, 09:36 PM #9
paintballfreak88
Banned

haha aj......u sound like the dell guy......
"anywho"
movie sounds good.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:36 PM #10
ajdx1000
GnarKill

um

decieving in what manner, its a movie, and its the first one in paintball, i never said it wouldnt hit theatres, i just overhead some rumors it was only going to be dvd, and not theatres, but then i heard it was theatres too. so look for it on both.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 06-29-2002, 11:01 PM #11
Asian-Assassin

cool I cant wait to see how it turns out did it look pretty hood?

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-29-2002, 11:25 PM #12
CTurbulence8
Real Nigguh Roll Call

This seems kindly fishy....not knowing the directors name....not sure where its going to be played....I hope this movie makes a go of it, if it really happens.
You flex on me but really it's that hate driving incorrectly
I'm on the road get the **** up out my way I'm coming hoe
You thinking we playing with the words we saying
We ain't playing for all who didn't know
Old 06-29-2002, 11:26 PM #13
one five one

one five one is a Supporting Member
This sounds cool dude. I still don't understand what it's about though. Is it about like some team and their tourneys or something? I'm a little confused. Sounds good though. Laters.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:29 AM #14
ajdx1000
GnarKill

wells here it is

not to reveal too much, the movie follows a kid named todd around, he makes a team, and its a story following that team. they start off woods ball, then go tourny. there is a rival team called caustic that shoots the expensive stuff, so its kind of like rich vs poor, and caustic's captain ray is todds rival. So then this guy from britain comes in and becomes the coach and teaches them the skills. its actually a pretty engaging storyline the way it was written.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 06-30-2002, 10:42 AM #15
X3n0ph0b3
Banned

Its one of those ****ty kids movies like 'Air Bud' that nobody will watch. When it comes out I will hide in my room for at least a month to avoid the ridicule I will get for being associated with the sport of Paintball. Sports movies suck, always.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:10 PM #16
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by X3n0ph0b3
Its one of those ****ty kids movies like 'Air Bud' that nobody will watch. When it comes out I will hide in my room for at least a month to avoid the ridicule I will get for being associated with the sport of Paintball. Sports movies suck, always.
LOL...

Also, if im not mistaken PUSH and SMOKED are paintball movies...
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-30-2002, 02:13 PM #17
ajdx1000
GnarKill

wow

to xenophobe, dont bag it before youve seen it, im going to notify a mod on your flame. and push and smoked are DOCUMENTARIES, not movies, theres no need to argue this point, in your face is the first paintball MOVIE, and its going to be good.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 06-30-2002, 02:47 PM #18
threedollrbill

Don't flame Air Bud, thats a talented dog.
Twister Low Rise
Tape Worm
Bullet Cap
68/4500 Crossfire
Old 06-30-2002, 03:12 PM #19
Trinot

Trinot is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by threedollrbill
Don't flame Air Bud, thats a talented dog.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:46 PM #20
mrstickball

A small woods team goes to a tourney , they get killed by another team , they recruit a zen master to train their guys , they go to the world cup for a grand prize of 1 million dollars.

Tom kaye plays a store owner in the movie......budd orr is in it too.

You mean no one has heard of it? I've known about the movie for 2 years.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:56 PM #21
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ummm

no, you just completely killed the movies plot, i cant believe wat you just said it was so wrong. Tom and Bud play cameos with a few lines. The plot goes around a team that starts off small and makes it big with the help of a british guy, their rivals are rich and all shoot the good guns while the heroes shoot the cheap ones basically, rich vs poor, they never truly get killed from what i saw, and cup? the heck? when did i mention cup, PEOPLE, this is in your face the movie, not speedball the movie(which is a joke). Please dont flame unless you know what you are talking about.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com

Last edited by ajdx1000 : 06-30-2002 at 08:00 PM.
Closed Thread