Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-30-2002, 07:38 PM #22
Predator3

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by lit-u-up

and predator.................stop talking give those huge muscles in your mouth a rest will ya
bla bla bla suck me bla bla bla
Centerflag Dynaflow 68/4500
My LOADER:
Ricochet 2K

IM me at Quietflightsf38 for info on for sale items.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2002, 01:34 PM #23
stangy
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by elTwitcho
Alright, if you can't grasp this concept, then you are (in essence) a "stupid ****ing idiot".

When a 180psi enters into the chamber with volume x, the gun is charged at 180psi. The input to the dump chamber seals off when the bolt moves forward containing 180psi at volume x. When the transfer port opens up, the chamber AND the bolt face are pressurized. If the bolt face has volume y, then the new pressurized area has a volume of x + y. Since x + y is naturally a higher volume than just x, the pressure inside the marker behind the ball will decrease with the larger volume. Thus you get an input pressure of 180psi and a firing pressure of 45 psi.

Dummies
aaaaahhh, now i get it..it took me like 10 min(its the school systems fault)
Old 07-04-2002, 02:35 PM #24
Predator3

LOL! yeah the teachers don't know ****!
Centerflag Dynaflow 68/4500
My LOADER:
Ricochet 2K

IM me at Quietflightsf38 for info on for sale items.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:31 AM #25
Meltro

Meltro is a Supporting Member
How 140psi turns into 44psi

Imagine an 800psi presset tank with a small leak coming from the pin valve. Put a balloon over the end of the tank, and it will slowly inflate. Obviously there isn't 800psi of pressure in the balloon, but the air leaving the tank IS 800psi.

When a marker fires, it takes time for all the air to get through the bolt/valve assembly. The air reservoir in the gun does not instantly equalize with the barrel. As air moves behind the ball, the ball moves forward, creating more room for the same air to fill (lowering the psi), but by this time more air has come in, but the ball has moved forward, and so forth. The net effect of all this is that at any given point, the pressure behind the ball is around 44psi. This is part of why the matrix is so accurate (due to less deformation of the ball), and why it is inefficient.

Why is this inefficient? Consider two guns. One has a higher flowing bolt that the other, both have the same quantity of air expended. 1ms into firing:

|------------------------------------
|[--44psi---] (0)
Low flow=lower psi behind ball, but there is still air that has not been introduced into the barrel yet

|[--88psi---] (0)
Higher flow (from bolt kit)=higher pressure behind ball, no air left to introduce into barrel.

1ms later (or so)

|[--44psi---][--44psi---] (0)
Low flow: all air has been expended into barrel

|[--44psi---][--44psi---] (0)
High flow: air had already filled barrel, and was still there. pressure drop is simply due to increased space for the air to be in.

While both pressures end up the same in the end due to having the same volume of air, the higher flowing one had the benefit of an extra 26psi of barrel pressure behind it at the first millisecond, which translates into greater FPS. As a result, less air volume is needed to obtain the same velocity as the low flowing gun, translating into better efficiency. This is where the bolt kit comes in. It is simply a higher flowing design. This does have implications of ball deformation, as it neutralizes somewhat the low pressure design of the matrix, however it is not nearly as drastic a difference (I dont think) as I have used in this example.

Hope that helps.
'02 Cocker
HALO/Ricochet
Team Twisted Flipside (MN)

PBKoko: "And we ALL know that CF Warping looks like someone trying to shove a garden hose into a piece of roadkill..."
Old 07-05-2002, 12:36 PM #26
elTwitcho

Re: How 140psi turns into 44psi

Quote:
Originally posted by Meltro
When a marker fires, it takes time for all the air to get through the bolt/valve assembly. The air reservoir in the gun does not instantly equalize with the barrel. As air moves behind the ball, the ball moves forward, creating more room for the same air to fill (lowering the psi), but by this time more air has come in, but the ball has moved forward, and so forth. The net effect of all this is that at any given point, the pressure behind the ball is around 44psi. This is part of why the matrix is so accurate (due to less deformation of the ball), and why it is inefficient.

Not at all true, think "fixed volume", or rather, the dump chamber only charges when the bolt is in the back position

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 07-05-2002, 01:04 PM #27
warpedmephisto

warpedmephisto is a Supporting Member
Twicho- I think what he's trying to say is that there may be the same volume of gas in the dump chamber, it's just how quickly that amount of gas escapes into the chamber. If it "slowly" leaks out into the barrel or if it all gets flushed at once.
Old 07-05-2002, 02:21 PM #28
Westopher
Currently AFK

Cool

Eight pounds of force can crush your windpipe
Old 07-07-2002, 11:44 AM #29
Vexes

Warped has it

Ty Warped--Thats what I meant

Twitcho: I meant more air enters the BARREL (from the dump chamber), not the dump chamber.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:56 AM #30
Meltro

Meltro is a Supporting Member
Oops

My little bro is Vexest....he was logged in as him at the time I wrote that.
'02 Cocker
HALO/Ricochet
Team Twisted Flipside (MN)

PBKoko: "And we ALL know that CF Warping looks like someone trying to shove a garden hose into a piece of roadkill..."
Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 AM #31
Wulgaru

For defensive purposes in Taekwondo, we learned that it only takes 2-3 lbs. of force to "remove" somebody's nut-sack.

Can you say "nut-sack" on PBNation? Don't try this at home, boys and girls.