PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 PM #1
kraines

New Wrath?

I just got my wrath tonight and i powred it up and started shooting then i went i started to go through the functions and i saw that the sensor is on and it was still allowing me to shoot(click the noid) so i switched the sensor off and i could still shoot. So the question is why is it allow me to shoot with the sensor on and nothing in the chamber. I have taken the eyes out to make sure nothing is on them and still the samme please help.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 PM #2
smitty192
Nigga, whats the deal?

your eyes are off.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:49 PM #3
kraines

how do i put the eyes on? arent the sensors the eyes?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 PM #4
smitty192
Nigga, whats the deal?

yea. if they say off then press the arrow button once to turn them on. or an easier way to tell if your eyes are working is to turn off your gun, reboot it, then if you cant shoot press the top and bottom at the same time to turn off eyes quick then it should shoot
Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 PM #5
kraines

it still shoots regardless of whether or not the sensor is on or off.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:20 PM #6
kraines

the light on the back of the grip changes to a solid red when the sensor is on and when off it blinks but both ways the noid still goes. Will it change if i put air in the marker?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:26 PM #7
smitty192
Nigga, whats the deal?

it shouldnt...
Old 06-28-2005, 10:27 PM #8
kraines

so then i have a dud
Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 PM #9
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is a Moderator
jjdustr340 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jjdustr340 posts videos on PbNation
jjdustr340 supports our troops
jjdustr340 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jjdustr340 is Legendary
I'm pretty sure the LED should alternate between red and green. Sounds like you may have a pinched eye wire. I'd undo the trigger frame and drop it down just a little to check that the eye wires didn't get pinched between the frame and the body.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:03 AM #10
Bhudduh
I HEAR VOICES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdustr340
I'm pretty sure the LED should alternate between red and green. Sounds like you may have a pinched eye wire. I'd undo the trigger frame and drop it down just a little to check that the eye wires didn't get pinched between the frame and the body.
Yeah, same thing happened to me once a long time ago in a galaxy...well you get the idea. But yeah, check for pinched wires. If you find any, either brush up your wire soldering skills, for find someone around you who knows so they can resolder the wires together.

But if that isn't the problem, then you might want to consider giving your Wrath a paid vacation to NPS.

The realist in me regularly smacks my paranoid aspect around and tells it to stop being so retarded.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:35 AM #11
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Couple things to check first:

Make sure the eyes aren't dirty. If they're covered in paint/grease/caked dust, the crud will block the beam through the breech and register as a paintball always being there, even when there's not. Take them out and lightly clean the end of each eye with a some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.

Make sure the eyes are connected. If any of the thin four wires going from the board to the eyes is broken somewhere the eyes will do what you said they're doing. It would be a real pain to trace them all the way through the gun, but one thing you can check is to make sure they're plugged into the circuit board: these wires end in a white snap connector on the board, so just make sure everything in the board is plugged in and there's not anything unplugged that's just hanging around.

Check to make sure your eye orientation is correct: Although this one's something of a long shot, it's possible, though unlikely, that the eye holes drilled into the body are at a bad angle and are preventing the signal from being picked up. If you remove both eye components from the body (with no gas in the gun) hold then facing eachother, and pull the trigger with the gun on, you can see if they'll make a good connection that way. This is really something to check on a Do It Yourself install, and I'd think a stock gun wouldn't have a problem with this.

If you're still stumped, don't hesitate to send it in to national. They're fast and free, minus your shipping to them. I spent about $8 on shipping and got my gun back within 6 days of mailing it. Just remember to enclose a short letter telling them what's wrong with it.