PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-29-2002, 09:52 AM #22
SecretAsianMan
Crazy Neighborhood Asian

has been a member for 10 years
Don't blame him. If my Spyder ****ed me over i wouldn't like Kingman either. But so far so good, eh?
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2002, 10:10 AM #23
spydervenom

god damn, spyders arent all that bad, they are nice guns for 100 bux. they are not crappy at all and are about the second most upgradeable gun around. they can almost compete with high level guns when upgraded too. i dont see how you guys could be trying to get rid of spyders so much anyways, what happens when you go up against a team of spyders instead of angels, much easier for you!
Old 06-29-2002, 12:20 PM #24
Paintball Magnet
Death by Volume

Quote:
Originally posted by OO7
...not even the refs could help me.
That made me laugh me arce off. I think I'll use that in my sig.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:52 PM #25
OO7
I need more gadgets

MachineHead, I also failed to mention that three of my teamates used to own Spyders before (each of them had a problem on a different occasion); one of their triggers was lacking a spring, so when he pulled the trigger, it wouldn't return to its normal position.

The second person's ball detent decided to double feed all the time, so that was a very annoying problem.

And my third teamate's marker would not cock itself correctly because there was no spring inside the bolt assembly.

Conclusion: while you may personally like Spyders, I believe that my teamates and I have good reason to doubt a Spyders preformance.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:20 PM #26
Paintballfreak998

Let my try the spyder list

amg
amg lcd
xtra
tl
tl+
compact
2-1
e-99
flash
sonix
sport
shutter
em1 modify
agressor
SE
Em1
victor
imagine
tl plus java
elite
spyder one
java
classic
spyder 2000

And dont forgot the next 10 next month, WE should be like the NRA and cut them in half and melt them down and make some drop fowards and some gas thru grips but i dont like cheap alloys on my guns hehe

..........................l_l.....................
.##########OOOOOOOOO=D......
.............()=JJJJOOOOOOOO--l=_l.....
......................l l( )=)xxx-.............
......................l l.......\X\..............
......................[]........\X\.............i

Last edited by Paintballfreak998 : 06-29-2002 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:29 PM #27
Paintballfreak998

there tryin to be like the black dragun but they cant top it cause Bd's operate smooth but noisy and are quite fast and accurate and they perfrom well out of the box i gots an idea lets smash all the spyders and piss on them

Old 06-29-2002, 10:03 PM #28
Asian-Assassin

spp true all kingman is doing is changing the sight rail,anno, and name

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-29-2002, 10:04 PM #29
PBaller_12

Quote:
Originally posted by OO7
MachineHead, I also failed to mention that three of my teamates used to own Spyders before (each of them had a problem on a different occasion); one of their triggers was lacking a spring, so when he pulled the trigger, it wouldn't return to its normal position.

The second person's ball detent decided to double feed all the time, so that was a very annoying problem.

And my third teamate's marker would not cock itself correctly because there was no spring inside the bolt assembly.

Conclusion: while you may personally like Spyders, I believe that my teamates and I have good reason to doubt a Spyders preformance.

Ok first of all, your team mates ball detent nubbin was probably missing which is what caused the double feeding. Kingman has been known to send out their guns without them from time to time. But that's a very easy problem to fix that takes only a couple minutes to fix. Besides, what the hell are you doing not having extra ball detent nubbins on hand? That's just stupid. I would only keep the same nubbin in the gun for about 3 months and then immediately change it even if it doesn't SEEM to be worn or damaged. Even if it's not a necessity, I still do it because a) they're very inexpensive and b) it insures future potential problems will be eliminated.

As for the rest of your complaints, I have worked and played with Spyders for 3 1/2 years. I have been over MANY different forums ( more than I can count) over the internet including the one at the Kingman web page. I have seen a countless number of Spyders in my area alone and not ONCE have I ever heard of the complaints you're mentioning. Not even anything REMOTELY similiar. You say the gun didn't recock "correctly" because there was no spring in the bolt assembly? Not only would it not recock, the gun simply wouldn't work...at all! And your only complaint about that is the gun wouldn't recock "correctly"? What the hell. How would you be able to cock the damn thing at all in the first place? The absence of a main spring would be ridiculously obvious and it makes your story sound so fake. And please don't tell me you gassed the gun up with a no-tension-trigger.

I'm sorry. I'm not here to make enemies over the net but that story of yours sounds so made up, it's not even funny. And your claims are pretty serious. So serious that I can't help but wonder why you didn't mention them in the first place. Are you gonna tell me you forgot? Please. That makes it even less credible and made up.

And let's say your story really is true (which I doubt). You're saying you're gonna base your opinion on a gun that's not even complete? That's like saying "I think Corvettes suck because the one I bought didn't come with an engine." Your complaint should be about the company that manufactures them. Not about the gun itself.

Look man. I'm sorry if I've offended you and I'm even more sorry if you really are telling the truth. But even if you were, that still doesn't compensate for judging a gun that didn't come complete. Blame that on Kingman.

Ok so Kingman doesn't have the best customer service in the industry. In fact, maybe some of the worst. Admittedly, I've had a couple bad experiences with them customer service wise, but hardly any with their guns. It's called good maintenance.

It's Kingman that sucks. Not their products.

Last edited by PBaller_12 : 06-30-2002 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:00 PM #30
firefight214

P_Baller12 summed it up pretty well. It's not the spyder that is messed up. It is Kingman, their costomer service, and manufacturing methods that suck. My first gun was a spyder, and it worked great,untill i needed something a little more and got my cocker. The spyders i have seen are reliable, and work great, untill someone who has no idea what they are doing tries to work on them. True they arent complicated, but with all those little gadgets they dont need (kinda like a swiss army knife) somene seems to put somethign in backwards or not in at all. They are great guns for the price and for beginner ballers. If you dont like the spyder, don't use one. But don't rip on them because of 1 or 2 bad experiences.
There was only one road back to L.A. US Interstate 15, just a flat out high speed burn through Baker and Barstoe, and Purdue. Then onto the Hollywood Freeway into frantic oblivion. Safety, obscurity... Just another freak in the freak kingdom. We had gone in search of the American dream. It had been a lame ****-around, a waste of time.
There was no point in looking back, **** no, not today thank you kindly. My heart was filled with joy. I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger. A man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident
Old 06-30-2002, 01:20 PM #31
tunafishissmelly

tunafishissmelly is a Supporting Member
I have no idea what you guys are smoking expecially paintball freak. I have had a spyder tl for 3 years now and have upgraded it to everything BUT the electronic grip. I also have a cocker that i love to death also, BUT my cocker backs up my spyder. my spyder is my maind gun it works great has been in the shop once when i first got it. my rubber nubbin got nicked off too by my bolt...quite easy to fix, spend a buck and unscrew two scres install iot and then screw two screws back in. DING DONG let that bell in your head ring a couple of times. Yes they do have a ****load of guns i will say that for sure but its based on variety. I have not owned any of the new kingman guns lately except for my TL. i couldnt tell you how they recently have been making them. I had a friend who boughjt one offline and it was fuked up from the start. I personally believe it is online because i believe they sell used ****. My autococker came offline and had numerous problems. My opinion/soplution for you kingman haters, shove all that damn money you have up your *** and go buy a mamba cobra ir3 or something. it's all personal preference. i prefer my spyder
Old 06-30-2002, 06:23 PM #32
Paintballfreak998

i will go buy a ir3

Old 06-30-2002, 06:25 PM #33
tunafishissmelly

good. then i can whoop ur *** on the field with my spyder
Old 06-30-2002, 09:08 PM #34
TKO_Automag

kid you sound like a liar to me...no one and i mean no one would ever use a spyder over a cocker..
automag
Old 06-30-2002, 10:05 PM #35
tunafishissmelly

i'm not a liar at all. the only reason i use the spyder is because i know i can shoot it accurately. yes it does have a les rate of fire, the range is only down a lil bit BUT most of all, i am used to the feel since i have had it so long and i am ot used to my cocker. therefore until i use my cocker full time instead of part time as i do now, its a main gun. i mean no doubt both guns are tricked fully and i love them both. it does sounds strange and i will admit it is but for some reason i am comfy wih my spyder. By the way i got a bud with one of the mags u got, pretty nice
Old 06-30-2002, 10:10 PM #36
nmr

nmr is a Supporting Member
nmr is a founding member
i started with a spyder, and i still have it.. i have nothing against it, but i do think that kingman is makeing way to amny models with very ittle change to the other models... they should tone it down a bit and go for quality instead of quanitiy.

My Feedback.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:54 AM #37
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Hey, don't knock spyders! You're going to make me feel bad for having bought one when I first started playing . . .

And for having to use that spyder when I broke both my cockers...

I got 3 whole shots out of that spyder that day, and the fourth shot wedged the bolt closed. I was chronying it in too.

Many have said that spyders suck, and they're wrong. Spyders REALLY suck.

Allow me to paint a picture for you. A newbie buys a spyder because he or she wanted to get into the game. A case of paint later, the marker breaks down. He or she replaces it, and the same thing happens again. Will the newbie keep playing? Probably not.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:04 AM #38
TKO_Automag

tuna fish....u got a point i never really looked into how it it felt to you....its just soo wierd to hear someone taking a spyder over a cocker...ya know...but more power to u.
P.S.i like my gun
automag
Old 07-01-2002, 09:06 AM #39
Steve
Hockey Pirate

Steve is a founding member
So what gun do you suggest poor beginners/kids buy when they first start playing? Atleast Spyders are better than Piranhas and F4's. Atleast they are made of metal (WGP includes a Plastic frame for their autocockers!) The customer service may suck, but if you are missing a part, or something is broken, I'm sure the local shop/field can replace free or at very low cost. Also, what gun do you reccamend more experienced players use when they are playing against rental players? Sometimes when their is no high-tech gun owner games going, I ditch the jersey, gun, pack, ect. and grab my old Spyder Compact with 12 oz Co2 and gravity feed loader, jump into a newbie game, and play in shorts and a T-shirt, YOU DON'T NEED A HIGH-END GUN TO HAVE FUN! Just because you have a job and can afford a better gun, doesn't mean you should get one, do you really want to have a unfair advantage?
Old 07-01-2002, 09:38 AM #40
TKO_Automag

u got a point...it is fun to play with the newbs...lol...but i as a tourny player have to tottally focus on my game you see. i cant worry about if my gun is going to malfunction or if anything will happen to my gear...i need to be focused mind you...that is why i buy top of the line equiptment
automag
Old 07-01-2002, 09:54 AM #41
Steve
Hockey Pirate

Steve is a founding member
"i as a tourny player have to tottally focus on my game you see. i cant worry about if my gun is going to malfunction or if anything will happen to my gear...i need to be focused mind you...that is why i buy top of the line equiptment"

So even when you're playing with newbies, you use you're high-end gear? Or do you not play with newbies at all because you would rather not play? If you always play with people with high-end guns that's fine, but sometimes I like to play with the newbies also...
Old 07-01-2002, 09:56 AM #42
VandalMan

yeah I agree with steve you guys are lame if you play with your angels and stuff whne everyone else is using something that sucks