PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-29-2002, 02:23 AM #22
sygyzy

sygyzy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
To me, the fact that it is engraved makes it worth less. I am a "original parts" freak when it comes to my old pumps and I can't stand it when people do things they think are smart like hack off barrels, change frames etc. In this case, I have never heard of them and I find the engraving actually hurting the "original parts" idea that I am so obsessed with.

But I do agree that all the extra parts makes it really a good buy, but not for that price.
All markers for sale
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2002, 09:23 AM #23
Mister.44

sygyzy - have to disagree...

if it was some schmo getting his gun engraved its one thing - but if colin remembers making those guns and doing a special engraving then it shouldnt make it any less valuable. Perhaps more valuable in some peoples eyes than some. Steve Davidson is still around - but his old team is mearly a foot note in history. If it was a team more recognizable I bet the premium would be well worth it to many collectors (I have a friend who has an original Bob Long cocker with the original Iron Men logo engraved on it)

Still - I agree that price is too high - but time will see - some schmuck paid nearly that much not to long ago on an ebay deal (if I am to believe the sellers word)
Old 07-13-2002, 06:27 PM #24
TequilaMockingbird
Dealin' Welts Since '90

$1,000? Even with the extra parts gun, that's still about twice what I'd expect. I'd almost be willing to haggle, but the guy's attitude kept me from reaching for my wallet....

(And the pins are no big deal, you just develop an unconcious habit of tightening your gun every time there's a lull in the action. Colin made a phenomenal gun for me, I'm not gonna complain. lol)
Old 07-19-2002, 04:07 AM #25
mkduffer

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I once owned Dave Loo's original Desert Duck Prototype. Quite possibly one of the most elusive and unique markers out there. Dave's name and the name of his team (the Kamikaze Shooters) allowed me to command a premium price when I decided to part company with it. When I did sell it, I did provide pictures of the marker. ; )

Still, I'd have a real hard time shelling out $1000 for a gun like the Ghost.

Just my 2 cents.....for what it's worth..
Old 07-19-2002, 09:17 AM #26
Mister.44

Ive been back to this thread a couple times now.

I still wish we could have seen some pics of this gun.

Also, I have thought it over. While I do think something of this type deserves a premium - I think its real value is closer to 400-500 bucks - TOPS - and thats only if the buyer values the fact it was made for a now extict team.

Ghosts consistantly sell for 200-350 depending on condition and goodies - so I think my estimate is a fair apprasial.

Can you tell I am bored this morning?
Old 07-20-2002, 11:34 PM #27
Jayco

Your loss

i WAS very interested in your gun but because you have a suck a.s.s. attitude and no pics , you can keep it. I hope you get stuck with it.