PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-26-2002, 03:34 PM #1
werewolves

has been a member for 10 years
** 1989 LAPCO GREY GHOST **plus.....

Once upon a time , back in 1989, a gun was created called the Grey Ghost. I played on a team called The Werewolves, out of New Jersey/Pennsylvania. We were one of 2 teams in the country, sponsored by LAPCO. I have a Grey Ghost for sale, in beautiful working condition, plus another grip frame with valve body and shoulder stock. Also comes with 3 LAPCO valve tubes ( 2-# 6's & 1-#4). Also , 1 brass hammer & 1 stainless hammer.
Barrel is hand engraved, under the frame by Colin Thompson, with date and barrel ID ( .689 ). The gun was engraved by LAPCO, says WEREWOLVES on the frame rail. These guns are now collectors items and are not easy to find. I have seen them go as high as $1,000. I am selling a full working gun plus a second Grey Ghost that needs a barrel + pump. Asking $725 including shipping. E-mail me with any questions. Sorry, I have no pictures at this time.

Thanx WEREWOLVES
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2002, 10:13 AM #2
Mister.44

I cant buy it - I already have a NICE ghost and no money...

but you MUST post pics - please!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:37 AM #3
werewolves

Dont waste my time

You have a Ghost, you have no money , but you want to see pics? Please...............have a great day !!!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:43 AM #4
Mister.44

Ok - well - gee how you doing?

Seriously - you are more likely to get the price you want if a buyer can see the condition of the gun and see this special engraving you are talking about. I am sure I am not the only one to see pics... If you track ebay auctions and other sales around the net - sales with pics are bound to bring better prices.

Oh - and - the next time some guy with a list of old guns as long as your arm asks for pics of your gun - maybe see if you can scrounge some up. I mean - who is more tempted to pay a premium price for such a ghost - a kid with an angel and a cocker - or some guy with a dozen other rare/old guns already in a collection?
Old 06-27-2002, 10:51 AM #5
werewolves

Unreal, get a life kid

Thanx for your harrassment, I passed it on to PBnation.
Jerk ? Maybe you need to check your mirror . Maybe if you were interested in buying , instead of telling me how to place an ad, I would have talked to you like an adult.

Again, Have a Great Day !!!!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:57 AM #6
werewolves

Oh, Mr Kid .44

Why dont you just email me directly if you got something to say instead of posting it ?
Old 06-27-2002, 11:07 AM #7
GhostB11

For a guy who wants to sell such a nice gun you sure aren't very helpful. I already own a lapco WRATH and i would never have bought one sight unseen. Who knows how much of your history is true false and who knows the condition of the gun. I would say you will get a better response if you post a pic to give people an idea of what they are getting.

Just a humble opinion.

GhostB11
You had better shoot straight cause i know my Wrath will.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:16 AM #8
Mister.44

Well - gee - I havent been berrated for showing interest in someones gun before. Ususally people like to show off the goods - esp. if they are selling them...

Uh - I took out the jerk comment after I realized I had misread your first response. Though I do feel your response was still rather harsh.

As for harrassment - asking to see pics of your rare item and suggesting that it would help you get a premium price is hardly harrassment. If you dont want to deal with people oogling over your gun or asking you questions - then dont post it on a forum.

I really dont see what I have done to get such a response from you - but good luck finding a buyer.

mister44@interkan.net
Old 06-27-2002, 12:47 PM #9
Mister.44

Just to confirm this guys story - these are some nice Lapco Varients - here is my reply from Colin about it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

Yes, I know those guns I think I made ten of them for the Werewolves (Steve Davidson's mob).

They had wood grips. An extra trigger frame is a plus

Colin
Old 06-27-2002, 01:37 PM #10
Movie Guy

Pics would be nice.

And personally, I don't like getting them via email, as I've had my hard drive wiped clean by "supposed" .jpg files before.

So if you would please post them, that would be fantastic. Have money. Need pics.

MG
Old 06-27-2002, 06:14 PM #11
gandhi85
Got Land?

gandhi85 is a founding member
im with mg, i might have the cash and am interested but i need pics

btw mister .44- got pics of the sydarm and/or assassinator? interested in selling either/both?
Old 06-27-2002, 06:29 PM #12
Mister.44

Nothing is for sale - and I am many moons before I have time to take pics - but once i do - I promice to post them

thanks
Old 06-27-2002, 08:17 PM #13
DaHick
STO SNIPA

Mr. Were.... To believe that any person would be so rude as to insult someone who has ANY interest in your item for sale is bad service. I wouldn't do business with you no matter the item you have for sale. Even if it was my missing left testical.

Christ, you sound like some of my local pro shops..
Old 06-28-2002, 12:29 AM #14
JJcoola

Quote:
Originally posted by DaHick
Even if it was my missing left testical.
LOL, nice one hick!
Old 06-28-2002, 02:13 AM #15
sygyzy

sygyzy is a Supporting Member
I am surprised everyone is upset at his unwillingness to send pictures rather than his price!
All markers for sale
Old 06-28-2002, 03:16 AM #16
fuzz

fuzz is a Supporting Member
Angry

I'm apalled by both!

I agree with Hick, if werewolf wasn't such an *** maybe he'd have nicer responses and the gun would be sold by now.

May a big bird poop on his head
Old 06-28-2002, 09:11 AM #17
HAM

well from what i gather this person signed up this month prob last night trying to sell a 1000 dollar gun and gets offend when some one askes for pics thats a little interesting if you ask me why dont you ask if he will do 3rd party what do you think he will say then

hell but mabye not mabye hes liget but i wouldent take the chance (mabye hes got a apg from 1989 ) and trying to make a quick buck
Old 06-28-2002, 10:26 AM #18
TheGreyMage

a collectors item in paintball. this is the part that i find slightly funny. paintball hasnt been around long enough to make such a thing so saught after as to raise the price so much. it would be nice to have a good high quality pump, and one that is not a dime a dozen. it however is not worth any where neer his asking price. if i were truely interested i would say 300 at most for this gun. and if i were truely interested i would ask for pics as well.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:28 AM #19
Mister.44

Mage - wiether or not his ghost is worth the premium price will be the decision of the market and some collector....

but there IS a collectors market. While it is still a "young" sport there are many poeple who yearn for the guns of old and I know I am not the only one who has over paid for an obsolete - yet mint conditioned pump gun.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:11 PM #20
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
The Grey Ghost. A collectors item? Very much so indeed. However, they're not the pump people hype them to be. They are loud, the pins do not stay in very easily (as in come loose often), and overall performance is decent. Nothing compared to say a phantom or Carter.

I honestly don't know why people like this jack the price so high. It's not that valuable. It might be old/rare, but it's market value is really only about $250. For basic ghosts.

For this one here, I'd say max of $450. Since it was for a Lapco sponsored team and the spare parts. That is, 450 in top condition.

Also, being an ******* towards curious people is no way to make yourself look like somebody to do business with. I'd honestly be afraid to even think of wanting to purchase that from you. And I'm sickened to see you charge 750 for that kind of pump.

But if you can get 750 for it, then I congratulate you. You just found an incredibly dumb person with deep pockets. Perfect combination. And when you're done with him, send him my way. I have a Splatmaster I'd love to sell him for 900!

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 06-28-2002, 04:11 PM #21
DaHick
STO SNIPA

Lets Face it... This was owned by someone on one of the FIRST pro teams in PB. That makes it a collectors items.