Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-26-2002, 10:12 AM #1
Barto
Pump Prowess

has been a member for 10 years
AA Unireg (violater) help!

alrighty, time for another round of devastatingly stupid questions. thanks for your patience in advance.

theres a bunch of doohickeys on my Violater reg.... im trying to figure out what they all do. Theres what looks like a stainless steel plug, the kind that goes in with an allen wrench, directly opposite to where my macroline goes in. I bought it used, and its teflon taped in. I assume thats where a gauge would go?

at the same height as the macroline fitting and the above mentioned doohickey there is a black metal piece that looks like it screws in and out with an allen wrench. Is that an adjuster type dealy?

also, the very bottom of the reg is a about 3/4 inch diameter steel cylinder thats threaded and goes in with an allen... is that also an adjuster? or should i just set it someplace in particular and leave it there?

If this works, its not an exact image of mine but it should give you an idea. Thanks for your help!!!!
AM-P Illusion Pro #50
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2002, 04:30 PM #2
greifer13

has been a member for 10 years
Barto,
First, NEVER use Teflon Tape on a reg. I know you see people do it but you should NEVER do this! It breaks down and forms a film on the reg piston. This causes a sealing problem, that can and will affect the performance of your reg.

The plug opp. of your macro-line is NOT for a gauge. A.A. regs do not have a output port for a gauge. This is simply there in case you would want to change sides of your macro-line.

The "3/4 inch diameter steel cylinder thats threaded and goes in with an allen" is the adjustment of the reg.

Later,
Sage