Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-26-2005, 04:42 PM #22
Cowman

not everyone uses a tippman for bushball...............automags are good for bushball too.....if you want to spend a bit more get some upgrades on the mag

or get a tac 1 automag that comes with an x valve and an intelli frame
?
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2005, 07:12 PM #23
fiero32v1

i say go with a agd mag of some sort. ive seen minimags used go for 200 to 300 at my local shop. a buddy has a minimag and its fast,never seen it chop and is very consitant over the crono, mater of fact ive never seen him take it apart .his i little hefty all, stanless steal but runs a remote
i hear they can be a pane to fine tune though
Old 06-30-2005, 11:16 PM #24
shinycocker666

shocker 2good

shocker is to good for woodsball either step down ur gun or step up and play speedball
Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 AM #25
Soul Assasin

A-5 hands down

Look I know people are suggesting speedball guns like ions, now don't get me wrong Ions are the best speedsball gun around but for woodsball they suck. If you comepare the A-5 to the Ion you will notice the A-5 is much shorter which almost eliminates getting shot in the hopper, they can't be outranged bye any other gun out their when equipped with a flatline, and they are relatively inexpensive. Plus A-5's run like a dream off CO2, and Ions need compressed air to run at an exceptional performance level. Oh and Automags need too many upgrades before they can compare to the A-5. and like I said with a flatline, you will out range any other gun on the market.also you dont have to purchase any expensive hoppers that can keep up with your gun cuz the tippy A-5 comes stock with the Cyclone feed system which is the fastest ball feed system around, now their is faster ones out there but they chop, and the cyclone feed doesn't.

Last edited by Soul Assasin : 07-12-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:49 AM #26
Soul Assasin

Exclamation you dont have what it takes shiny.

Don't listen to Shinycocker, woodsball is sooo much harder then speedball, in speedball you know where everyone is, when you go to woodsball, you need to up your gun not down it. You can't get ambushed in speedball, and for any other y speedsballer out there, try woodsball, until then don't knock it like this ignorant individual.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:52 AM #27
Hawke

1. A5
2. Mag
3. Phantom

next map
Old 07-12-2005, 05:44 AM #28
pbtool2003
Sit...On...My...Face

has been a member for 10 years
There are a slew of guns out there that should be perfectly fine for woodsball, its all about preference. You should try some of the guns that your friends have and buy the one that fits you best.

Thread Closed
Old 07-12-2005, 08:56 AM #29
ubermich

Why did no one mention a 98c with e-bolt? Electro-pneumatic, strong as anything out there, and relatively cheap; Here's one going for $200.
Though I guess if you already got the ion it's too late now.
Computer Stuff and Everything Else
Feedback
Old 08-05-2005, 02:08 PM #30
EvilCreature

EvilCreature is a Supporting Member
Yeah, get the Ebolt and maybe a flatty. 98 flatlines are better than A-5 flatlines (atleast the 4 or 5 ive seen)

If you want to spend a little more, get a Matrix. Gen E or DM3 style.. jsut got one over my old 98 (not custom) and there is no kick, one moving part (bolt) and you can get one with vision and an upp'ed bolt kit for well under 500. I would recommend that. Just slow the gun a little on the dipswitch. My stock board wont go over 16 bps.. so it is perfet!

hope i helped some...

My Home: Annandale Paintball
My Team: WARBIRDS
My Gun: Empire Axe

PBNation Feedback
Automags.org Feedback
Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 PM #31
nolanrocks2001

impulse w/o vision will kick ***
Old 08-05-2005, 11:30 PM #32
sir_krunknesss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow_eater
ps- i have a 98c and the main reason i'd buy an a-5 is the cyclone ball feed. thats thing is sweeet!!!!!
no....get a 98c and a halo b and it is still way cheaper, 98 and a5 have equal internals and just different features for different people, you can get a halob and a 98 used for under 200, easy, and dont get an freaking flatline, they suck, they break balls, they are not accurate, basically a huge waste, get like a cp 2 piece for half the price and twice the abbility of the flatline, a double trigger, ebolt and lpk and that would be a great woodsball gun and you can find that on here for cheep
Old 08-06-2005, 12:35 AM #33
tak-ae86
i Pwn NooBs

id say the cocker in my sig, it was the best gun i ever shot for woods ball. too accurate. lol

feedback
Old 08-06-2005, 07:58 PM #34
bladerunner2000

imo the wrath is pretty good for woodsball and is ep a tippy with ebolt is not ep just so you know. dont know alot about shockers but cant you cap your rate of fire on them?

feedback-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1065862

help this guy find his gun
Old 08-06-2005, 08:12 PM #35
Kerryh8er04
The Inner Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt
If you want high end mech woodsball gun...

Palmer's Blazer

'Nuff said
hehe Blazers what cockers wish they were... looking back on it i would have rather gotten a Blazer but at the time i didn't know about them...
ShockTech Supa-Fly Bolt
48/3000 crossfire HPA
Pumping my way to the future, one shot at a time
Old 08-06-2005, 09:09 PM #36
paublo25

mag

A mag would be a very good woodsball gun to go with. One with a ule body, intelliframe, and a rt or classic value.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:16 PM #37
blinner
Cottonheaded Ninnimuggins

All i play is woods and I have a ION ,a A-5 and a cocker usually use my cocker but have been using the ion lately. I have also had a tac-one for a bit but sold it and got the A-5 with a bunch of ups. Out of all of them I like the cocker and Ion. Ion's are cheap(replacement parts also),light, and you dont have to worry about scraching your anno but you stated they kick you off the field for a high ROF and Ions are just as fast as shockers. Cockers are great guns for the woods I have a CCM Series 5 and it has never let me down. To sum it up personal preferance If you are looking for a elecro pnumatic for the woods get a ION. Just try a little trigger control with your shocker use one finger and dont set it to ramp/rebound.

Last edited by blinner : 08-06-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:57 PM #38
EvilCreature

EvilCreature is a Supporting Member
flatlines dont break balls.. they dont have a ball breaker switch or a ball breaking device on them. The only thing that breaks balls on a flatline is the idiot user. Either by not setting it up right or using $20 a box paint... so dont blame the flatline. As far as accuracy, I have seen some very nice flatlines hit some very long shots. It is all paint/barrel match

My Home: Annandale Paintball
My Team: WARBIRDS
My Gun: Empire Axe

PBNation Feedback
Automags.org Feedback
Old 08-07-2005, 06:36 AM #39
Paul81290
Flying Cuban

Paul81290 is a Supporting Member
a matrix with a capped board
Old 08-07-2005, 07:57 AM #40
bladerunner2000

yea that would work but no one answered my question cant you cap the shockers board yourself and o you could buy a wrath cuz it has ajustable rof.

feedback-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1065862

help this guy find his gun
Old 08-07-2005, 09:48 AM #41
nolanrocks2001

just get am imp with or w/o vision. its a great gun its capped at 13 w/o vision and maxes out at 20 w/ vision. its built like a tippmann and there is sooo many upps for it u can set the gun up to be an extension of u
Old 08-07-2005, 11:17 AM #42
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

anything by palmers and why dont you just set your max ROF to like 10 or so... mucho better idea, that way you cant over shoot to badly.