Sob 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-22-2002, 08:48 PM #1
one five one

one five one is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow Equalizer vs SOB

Faster? Less shootdown? Which one is better? If you were to buy a gz, would you change out the sob for the Equalizer?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2002, 09:17 PM #2
defiance

There's no way to know this yet, this is silly.

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 06-22-2002, 09:17 PM #3
InSaNoJeSteR
Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!

For the equalizer? Yes. Those look AMAZING! After I get my clamshell, that's next on my list. Or maybe first?

When a woman is approaching an orgasm, it is appropriate to order a
pizza.

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the BONE.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:18 PM #4
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Ya, its a pretty stupid question. But, I would have to say Equalizer because it will have PC interface.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:24 PM #5
one five one

Sorry about the "stupid question" I didn't know it hasn't been used yet. How about this, in your opinion, which board do you think will perform better?
Old 06-22-2002, 09:27 PM #6
ballbusters86

Definitely the Equalizer. Why else would Bob be changing to this board instead of the SOB, theres gotta be something better about it.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:28 PM #7
defiance

Sorry, I didn't mean to say it was a stupid question. Both the new boards look like they'll have about every feature available... And to be honest, I doubt either of them will have a real 'performance' difference, over each other OR the SOB. I'm betting it'll come down to features, preference and opinion.

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers

Last edited by defiance : 06-23-2002 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:47 PM #8
one five one

That's cool man. Thanks for your input guys!
Old 06-23-2002, 09:21 AM #9
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Quote:
Originally posted by defiance
I doubt either of them will have a real 'performance' difference, over each other OR the SOB. I'm betting it'll come down to features, preference and opinion.
And don't forget the Price Factor. I like some of the features of the Equalizer, but I love my SOB, too. I have not suffered from skipped shots during a game even with my delay at 15ms, sooooooo, I don't know if it is worthwhile for someone like myself to upgrade.
Old 06-23-2002, 09:29 AM #10
defiance

Right, exactly. Myself, I do lots of adjusting & tinkering, and ti always annoyed me that the stock boards didn't save changes... So for that reason alone, either of the upgrades would be well worth it to me.

Old 06-23-2002, 10:20 AM #11
Drayko

Right now I have the Select Fire board and will probably get the Equalizer. It has lots of features I like. But if you already have the SOB and don't really out-shoot it or have skipped shots and don't need the extra features, I'd stay with the SOB. With that $100 or so you can get other stuff. They are both semi-only boards. Upgrades for Intimidators are now arriving in full force. I'm gonna need more money for all this...
Bob Long Blue Fade Intimidator #2345 @ 70 psi / 175 psi
~Clamshell ~Torpedo ~Tribal Eye Covers ~CIP Clamping No Rise
WTB Crossfire N2 Tank Liquid Snatch Grip
My Feedback & F/S (Ergo regulator, Spyder, Remote $17)
Need/WTB Clamshell LCD Buttons & Sticky Grip Screws plz help
Old 06-23-2002, 12:58 PM #12
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Ya, it kinda sucks for me drayko. Cause I really want the PC interface like the Equalizer has, but my dragon will come equiped with the SOB. So I dunno. Maybe I will sell my SOB, and pick up an Equalizer, but who knows.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:14 PM #13
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
I had to set my SOB with a delay of 42 msec to keep it from "burping". If the EQ does everything that Jim from WAS has been posting about, and the price is right, I'll most likely get one. The stuff about it changing the dwell to compensate for shootdown sounds neat... but I'm mostly interested in it monitoring the ACE to determine where the bolt is, and maximize rate of fire without the "burps" of the SOB.

We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out...

Good luck!
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback