Getting another gun, narrowed it down to Shocker or Automag RT; need your input. - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-24-2002, 08:57 PM #22
Laxpunk2006

has been a member for 10 years
Don't say X marker is better than y marker. I hate that. It's not better. Every marker is personal preference. And don't even say (only using shocker for example) shockers are better than spyders. You wouldn't believe how many people I know that sold their shockers and impulses and angels etc for AMG's. It's sick. Am I saying AMG's are better? Of course not. I'm just using this example for my point that a marker is not better.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2002, 12:41 AM #23
einhander619
blablabla

RT, bro. I won't quote you any facts someone else told me, but I will tell you I simply don't worry about whether my RT will work or not, because it always will. I personally don't know what all this chopping business is all about. I'm getting a lvl 10 kit, but my RT has the warp feed on it, and it won't chop below 12 bps, and then it chops because my finger falls out of time with the trigger and shortstrokes it. I play front, so I never worry about rate of fire. Yes, my setup is heavy, no it does not slow me down, nor does it affect my ability to aim. Anyone who complains about their setup being heavy is a ***** anyways. If you like to play instead of cuss at your setup, go with the RT, you WILL be glad you did. Notice I did no bashing of shockers whatsoever, as I have no experience with them.

Now you try:
Old 06-25-2002, 06:39 PM #24
i like tictacs
first day of my life

wow, level ten...dump more into a gun....

with all the money you just spent on a mag you coulda prolly got a vision imp. why dont you try impulses? they are great guns. IMO, i love how shockers feel. just me tho. try them both out. and please. dont get a mag....it would be better to get a cocker, but i hate them both. mags are like. a rock, they are solid and you couldnt adjust anything for the life of it. electro...electro...electro

for the money you spend on an rt u could get a vision imp which is a MUCH better value than a mag. it is. hands down. dont fight it, cause it makes you look like a gay noob
Old 06-25-2002, 09:42 PM #25
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by meanfishy
A shocker is an ELECTRONIC marker, meaning you can adjust the trigger pull and how fast the solenoids cycle. So if you finger pulls the trigger at 11.56 BPS, you adjust the solenoids timing so it cycles at 11.56 BPS. ONCE AGAIN THE ONLY WAY THAT A SHOCKER WIL CHOP PAINT IS IF THE SOLENOIDS TIMING IS CYCLEING SLOWER THAN YOUR FINGER IS PULING THE TRIGGER.
Bull****. With an electronic marker (a real electronic marker anyways), how many times you pull the trigger doesn't mean ****. If you cap the gun at 8 bps, and you pull the trigger 9 times a second, the gun will ONLY cycle 8 times in that given second. What you are actually doing is setting the dwell for the marker. The solenoid physically CANNOT cycle faster than 11.56 times a second. You can pull the damn trigger 400 times in one second, but the solenoid WILL NOT, and I repeat WILL NOT change in its cycling sequences. The software in the electronics moves the solenoids back and forth at certain times and speeds, and this is what regulates the striking of the valve and the movement of the bolt.

If you cap a gun at 11.56 balls a second, the solenoid will hit the valve which will release the air and move the bolt 11.56 times a second at a max. You can pull it at 11.55 times a second and that's exactly the rate it would cycle at. If you pull the trigger 12 times in one second, the gun will cycle at 11.56. If this wasn't true, then WHAT THE HELL WOULD BE THE POINT OF CAPPING IT?!

Look at any pro that shoots any electro. You can be sure that they have the guns capped at no higher than 13 bps. You can also be sure that in some point in their career, they've pulled the trigger more than 13 times any given second. Now if your bull**** theory were true, pro's would be chopping A HELLUVA lot.

And even if you have to pull the trigger no more than 11.56 times for a gun that's capped at 11.56 bps for your gun to shoot without chopping, what the hell kind of a gun is that anyways? Don't discourage someone from buying a gun because the reason for chopping is that the user is shooting faster than the gun is capped. That's a bull**** reason. Obviously, not too much thought is put into a gun like that.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:54 PM #26
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
well said mich
Old 06-26-2002, 12:32 AM #27
ButterfingersAO

Quote:
Originally posted by i like tictacs

with all the money you just spent on a mag you coulda prolly got a vision imp. why dont you try impulses? they are great guns. IMO, i love how shockers feel. just me tho. try them both out. and please. dont get a mag....it would be better to get a cocker, but i hate them both. mags are like. a rock, they are solid and you couldnt adjust anything for the life of it. electro...electro...electro

for the money you spend on an rt u could get a vision imp which is a MUCH better value than a mag. it is. hands down. dont fight it, cause it makes you look like a gay noob
L10 will now come standard on all production mags.

Automags are the least likely gun people are likely to dump money into. They need absolutely nothing to make them work at thier best. Any aftermarket parts that do come out end up performing worse than the stock peice.

Last edited by ButterfingersAO : 06-26-2002 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:46 AM #28
MULLETMANIA
Headbanger

Well, I would say go with either. I have tried both mags and shockers. I LOVED how quiet the shocker is and the low amount of kick. The automag does have a higher ROF if you can get used to it(not hard to do). I just think the shocker is pretty much outdated from it's capped speed. Automags are great guns, if I ever buy another gun besides my matrix it will be an automag with L10, a double trigger, Foregrip, and a CP barrel set. That is it. You just don't need to upgrade them.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:32 AM #29
zC-
Citizen Snips

zC- is a Supporting Member
zC- supports DLX Technology
Quote:

the vision impy and rtpro are basically the same exact price bud and the lvl10 mod costs $65.00........now getting to what i am gonna say. i would go w/ the rt just because of everything that everyone has previously stated. i wuld repeat them, but that would be useless. if ya want a good deal on an Rt, check out my gun http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=106789 and no, i am not saying this because i have a gun for sale, i am saying this because of the facts
Old 06-27-2002, 07:59 AM #30
dio91

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Smartparts........

Go with the RT/RT Pro
Old 06-27-2002, 10:27 AM #31
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

That sounds familiar Dio...

I'm even surprised your questioning the Shocker. Most people I know just go for the impulse....I'll tell you what, the Shocker has almost every other gun beaten in the looks department. But that's just opinion...
Old 06-27-2002, 12:30 PM #32
einhander619
blablabla

I did have an impulse, left it for an RT. Best decision ever made. Lvl 10 is better tha nany ACE, it can never break!!!

Now you try:
Old 06-27-2002, 12:35 PM #33
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

A lot of guns boast the "no-chop" feature which is worth every penny. But why use a gun that relies on electronics when you can use the gun that relies on the laws of physics?
Old 06-27-2002, 04:14 PM #34
i like tictacs
first day of my life

electronics=precision

and i guarantee a lvl ten will chop, using an RT with hellfire. dont argue. theball gets stuck betwen the bolt and the feed neck, splat, it might bouce, but it will go down only to get broken, cause thers either a huge *** dimple in it or it already chopped cause hellfire is so fragile. you cant guarantee a gun wont chop, cause it will...and until the day guns run on 10psi...eheh
Old 06-27-2002, 04:51 PM #35
Ov3rmind
Bandwidth Serial Killer

electronics=More stuff to go wrong

Either one can chop, and both have advantages and disadvantages (LP bolt operation and electronic eyes). I'm not sure which I would choose really. I LOVE the way Mags shoot. They are nice and compact, and feel very solid. They're also so simple and have a great mechanical trigger (especially the RT). Shockers are also a pleasure to shoot. The low kick and quietness are nice attributes. However, I'd never buy a Shocker for three reasons (too big for me, gas hogs, and the ROF just needs to be a tad higher). I actually prefer Mag Classics to RTs: buy it stock, then upgrade away (even though it's not required, upgrading is just something fun to do ). Besides, A Classic can shoot the same as an RT Mag with the necessary upgrades, and you won't have that horrendous foregrip.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:10 PM #36
ButterfingersAO

Quote:
electronics=precision

and i guarantee a lvl ten will chop, using an RT with hellfire. dont argue. theball gets stuck betwen the bolt and the feed neck, splat, it might bouce, but it will go down only to get broken, cause thers either a huge *** dimple in it or it already chopped cause hellfire is so fragile. you cant guarantee a gun wont chop, cause it will...and until the day guns run on 10psi...eheh
Thats quite the speculation. Level 10 can be fine tuned to not even cripple a loosely rolled up dollar bill in the breach. This is less force than gravity exerts on a stack of paintballs in the feedneck.

See "the buck stops here":

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40904

If set up right level 10 will provide "neutral" bolt pressure.

Beta testers have tested paintballs that broke from being dropped from 1 foot above the ground yet when put into the breach of a L10 e-mag the bolt repeatedly bounced off the paint.

Last edited by ButterfingersAO : 06-27-2002 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:08 AM #37
zC-
Citizen Snips

zC- is a Supporting Member
zC- supports DLX Technology
yah, u obviously havent seen the vid where tom kaye takes a metal block and puts it over the body, and puts a paintball in between the piece of metal and the lvl10............it doesnt break. anywayz, all of those smartpart guns look like bricks w/ a grip frame and a barrel.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:55 PM #38
SNIPERBOY

keep your Tippman and use it as a Sniper gun you can get so many people out sniping and you don't shoot a lot I once got 3 people out in 1 day while I was sitting in the back sniping I usually don't get anyone out cause i'm very picky about my shots
Old 06-28-2002, 03:00 PM #39
Machine_Head_15119

Quote:
Originally posted by einhander619
I did have an impulse, left it for an RT. Best decision ever made. Lvl 10 is better tha nany ACE, it can never break!!!
And the Halo B is better than both Lvl 10 and ACE's. Unless you can shoot faster than 22 pbs (which I highly doubt), a ball is GUARENTEED to be ready in front of your bolt no matter how fast your fingers are.

The only thing that MIGHT slow down a Halo is deformed paint, although I've seen them gulp some pretty odd shaped balls before with little to no problems.

If chopping really is that much of an issue for you then why not go force feed?

Just thought I'd bring something new into the argument.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:13 PM #40
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally posted by SNIPERBOY
keep your Tippman and use it as a Sniper gun you can get so many people out sniping and you don't shoot a lot I once got 3 people out in 1 day while I was sitting in the back sniping I usually don't get anyone out cause i'm very picky about my shots
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... n00b!
Old 06-30-2002, 11:33 PM #41
Gizmo212

Sorry to sound stupid but what is L10