Which regulator is better??????? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which regulator is better?
Smart Parts - Max~Flo 6 66.67%
AKALMP - Sidewinder 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-21-2002, 05:44 AM #1
shockerdave84

has been a member for 10 years
Which regulator is better???????

Im goin to buy either an inline maxflo or an inline sidewinder for my shocker. I also have a maxflo tank. These a unquestionably the 2 best regulators on the market right now but Im not sure which one is better if even a slight margin. If you could tell me which one you chose and why that would be awesome also. Thanks a lot.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2002, 12:19 AM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
How are those two the best regs? Well anyways I voted for the maxxy b/c it is more consistant from what I have seen and heard. Anyways why not just run a gas-thru it will be consistant enough.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:14 AM #3
shockerdave84

Why run a gas thru grip when I can run a regulator? There is gonna be some kind of gas thru grip there anyways I might as well make the grip regulate tha air. I have a gadget grip right now and my maxflo tank is consistent but it could be better the aka is tried tested and true but so is the maxflo the only other reg that can compare is the Palmers Stabilizer all the other regs are just plain crap.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:05 AM #4
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
OK well sorry but all other regs aren't crap. And as for why run a gas-thru...because the max-flo tank reg is consistant enough...why dish out the extra cash.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:03 AM #5
shockerdave84

Because I have the cash and Im a tourney played and I want any advantage I can get not just "what is good enough". As for the regs being crap what proof do you have they compete? The air america ones are the next best competition and they dont even compare. The other 3 I listed do their job a lot better they are engineered for good consistency not to make a quick buck!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:20 AM #6
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
dont get another reg for it! you already have a max-flo which isnt meant to be run with a secong reg cause it already is double regualted... + how the hell are you planning to get a inline reg on a shocker anyways? the only asa's i've seen were custom made for'em

anyways sidewinder is more consistant of an inline reg
Old 06-22-2002, 07:49 PM #7
shockerdave84

I know hehe I know how to make a custom asa adapter. Just use the automag adapters. The maxflo sidewinder combination is what I was thinking too. Run the on-tank maxflo at 450PSI and run the sidewinder at 170psi into the marker. It will be sure consistent and this is what I want. I want the balls to land in the exact same spot everytime and eliminate any chance of a hotgun penalty they can cost tourneys.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:27 PM #8
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
well if you shoot fast thats not gonna happen cause you'll get bad shootdown and the balls will be droppin 20ft in front of you
Old 06-22-2002, 10:41 PM #9
soccerdude1008

soccerdude1008 is a Supporting Member
what makes you think that kamakazee?
Old 06-22-2002, 10:58 PM #10
siayajin
not a 2K1er

siayajin is a Supporting Member
275psi between the 2 regs isn't that bad, but I would raise the Max-Flo's pressure to 600 as the output. That way you don't have to worry about drop off and the secondary reg has enough to work with.

Personally, I used to run a Max-Flo going into a sidewinder for my sto. It was consistant, but there really wasn't any need for a secondary reg, especially after a Max-Flo. I pretty much tried that combo for the same reason, to keep it as consistant as possible. I realized though, that it wasn't necessary to have both. So i just put a gas through grip on and i have my sidewinder sitting in my kit, just in case. Both are excellent regs though.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:43 AM #11
shockerdave84

Yea I guess Ill have to get a high pressure spring for my maxflo and change the guage on the side if I wanna do that. I would love to have the tank at about 600psi though like you said.
Yea I thinbk I might have to break in my maxflo a little bit more before I make this decision though. Thanks for the advice.