Screw in tanks and cradles - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-20-2002, 01:07 PM #1
Join Date: May 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Screw in tanks and cradles

I know there are screw in nitrogen tanks, but what are the other kinds? And what kind works with cradles?
playerhater is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 06-20-2002, 01:23 PM #2
Resident Old Guy
ezrunner's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Woodstock, GA
ezrunner is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ezrunner is a Professional paintball player
tank types

There are a few categories I guess:

Screw-In : these screw right into a standard
asa on any paintball marker.

Standalone/Cradle : these can be mounted
to the marker with some kind of adapther
that is mounted to the marker itself. The
Centerflag 201 Hyperflow is a good example.
It requires either a kapp style cradle or the
sleeve cradle that has a dovetail.

Dovetail / Rail Mount : This category includes
the Conquest and others. They all have the
standard female rail adapter built into/onto
the reg or bottle. These can be attached to the
marker w/ any of the dropforwards that have
the standard male rail. (i.e. shockteck,
kapp rhino, cp flame, etc)

The screw-in systems generally are on
whenever they are attached. The others
vary. On some models you have to dial the
pressure down until it is at zero, then you
can degass your marker. On others there
is an on/off built in. (centerflag, smartparts,
conquest, etc).

What are you looking to use this on / or for?

Team Ultimate / Ultimate Kidz

Powered by:

Our Father.. yeah.. that one.
ezrunner is offline  
Old 06-20-2002, 04:30 PM #3
Join Date: May 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm thinking of getting a 'cocker soon, and plan to run it off of nitrogen. I like the way the KAPP cradle drops the tank, and I'm sick of screw ins. Are there differnt cradles for differnt mountings?
playerhater is offline  
Old 06-20-2002, 11:03 PM #4
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Naperville, Illinois
CockerMan86 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
What do you mean different mountings? There are regular adjustable tanks, and then tanks that need dovetail/rail style mountings. However drops such as the KAPP DZ work on both because of the clamp around the neck. I'm just confusing myself...what kind of tank are you getting or what is it you want to know exactly? If you want the KAPP DZ II then get it, it will work with w/e tank you get.
Just back into the sport after being out of it for five how things have changed
CockerMan86 is offline  

Posting Rules
Forum Jump