PROs,You, against NECK PROTECTION - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: do u think neck guards really help?
YES 18 31.58%
NO 21 36.84%
somewhat 18 31.58%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-24-2002, 05:41 PM #22
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

has been a member for 10 years
I don't have a neck protecter at the moment, but I am going to purchase one soon.

It's like a seatbelt. When you are young and first start using them, they are annoying and uncomfortable. But after a while wearing one becomes second nature and isn't bothering at all. I am so used to a seatbelt I feel kinda weird not wearing one. Even if I am waiting in the car when my mom or dad is in some store I keep it on, because I barely notice it.

Gun: Tippmann 98, Vertical adapter, Intruder Assault expansion chamber, 14" J&J Ceramic, 12 volt Revolution Java Edition.
Gear: ProLine half-finger gloves, Dye Invision, Dye kneepads, 32 Degrees 4+1.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2002, 05:43 PM #23
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

Also, with the new masks such as the Invision and Proteus on the market that have so little area under the chin, getting hit in the neck is more common.

Gun: Tippmann 98, Vertical adapter, Intruder Assault expansion chamber, 14" J&J Ceramic, 12 volt Revolution Java Edition.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:47 PM #24
paintdevil1
Total Control Sucks

i don't were one why waste the money I've never been shot in the neck I've been shot in the balls and haven't bought a cup yet
Old 06-24-2002, 10:02 PM #25
EvilScientist
Dragons Gallore

While the EvilScientist does understand why people claim that a fist does have more force than a paintball, he does not understand why they say a fist hurts more than a paintball.

You see, the fist carries more mass, but the paintball possesses more speed. so basically, they deal about the same FORCE.

Ah, now here comes the magic. while both of them deal the same amount of force, the paintball hurts because THE FORCE OF A PAINTBALL IS LOCALIZED while THE FORCE OF A FIST IS OVER A GREATER AREA (in respect to each other).

Imagine a 10 pounds on your chest. no biggie, right?

Now imagine 10 pounds on top of a stilletto shoe, on your chest.

The 10 pounds by itself is symbolic of a fist, while the 10 pounds on the stilletto heel is basically the paintball.
"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."
"I was raised in the west. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
"Reading is the basics for all learning."
Old 06-25-2002, 12:23 AM #26
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

Actually, if something that weighed 10 pounds hit your chest, it would hurt a lot more than a fist. But your comparision still works.

Old 06-25-2002, 03:52 AM #27
flynbyu01
Banned

Yeah I was playing some airball and went to bunker a guy, and he was not where he was supposed to be and shot me in the neck. Needless to say I passed out. It was a moving experience. And that is why I boycotted neck gaurds. If that didnt make any sence then you read right.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:33 PM #28
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

Wait...why would you boycott something that would have relieved some of your pain...

You are one of those people who as a kid couldn't comprehend why putting your hand on the stove caused a burn, so you kept doing it trying to figure it out, aren't you...

*sizzle* "ouch"
*Sizzle* "Ouch"
*SIZZLE* "OUCH!"

Old 06-26-2002, 01:06 PM #29
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr

who ever that kid that wrote oh...i was gonna post a pice of a nasty neck but i didnt...u *** ur a homo. i saw those gay pics of you and ur friends you guys are the nerds of the skool arent you? yeh i knew it you guys look like huge dorks. unpopular freaks if you will. by the way that nack picture wasnt bad at all homo
Old 06-26-2002, 04:35 PM #30
Paintball_Guy13
Tribal Soldier

Sigh, another brainless anime fan. You watch a kids show, yet call someone else a dork. Niiiice. Not to say all anime fans are brainless though. The art is actually good. Shows suck.

Old 06-26-2002, 06:10 PM #31
IronMike
Illini Paintball Warriors

Thanks Paintball_Guy13. Yeah, if I was a dragonball fan stuck in Jersey working at Burger King, I'd be bitter, too.

I've seen some of your other posts. You need to calm down. You'll live longer.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:26 PM #32
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Dragon Ball Z LOL!

Watch a Real cartoon, you ***. Like Bugs Bunny, or Roadrunner.

Japan is only good for three things. Crotch Rockets, Video Games, and sweet, sweet Asian hiney.

China is sooo much better, well unless you live or go on vacation there. But they have sweet, sweet Asian hiney, AND Kung Fu movies. Can't get any better than that.

No purchase neccesary. Members and immediate family of Team Delirious are prohibited from entering. Please a stamped and adddressed envelope to PO BOX 666 This Post has no Point, OH. One item per household. Duplicated entries will void the participants chance for winning. Apply generously to the infected area. don't leave in front of an open flame. See Appx. B. If you are reading this you are almost as bored as I am while writing this. If you don't know know what a crotch rocket is, ask your mom. No its not that you pervert. .##################ps its a motorcycle#############
Old 06-29-2002, 12:29 PM #33
cobra136

i got hit in the throat last night i see why people wear them, it bled and it was probably the most painful hit i haver ever felt, well the guy did shoot me from 5 feet away and it bounced but i aint gonna wear one to annoying
Old 06-29-2002, 04:34 PM #34
paintballfreak88
Banned

I dont wear one, however, your juggular runs through your neck, and enough force on it can cause it to burst. Juggular bursts - you die.
And about the force thing.....it all depends on how hard the fist hits you, how fast, b/c then that would determine the speed the paintball would have to travel in order to equal that force. Like you said the force is applied over a smaller area......although there is so much more force behind the fist due to the mass, a paintball traveling 280 fps could not equal it.....or else when you punched a paintball coming at your hand it would be like punching a wall.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:50 AM #35
ShadowKi][er

A paintball won't break your jugular. However, a direct hit at the velocity of above 300 fps, from close range will probably cause loss of consciousness for a while.