Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-18-2002, 09:43 AM #1
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

has been a member for 10 years
Question Typhoon or Blazer

I am very uninformed regarding Palmer markers so bear with me.

Basically, I want to get a Palmer - either Blazer or Typhoon - and I need to know what is exactly the pros and cons to them. I'm not looking for a nasty typhoon (no double barrel please although it looks cool) either.

I notice that the typhoon looks like it has a permanently attached barrel - is this true? And a Blazer takes what barrel threads?

Also, I plan to use compressed air on this marker - do Palmer's markers run ok on it? I read somewhere that their markers are made to run on Co2 or something. Not sure.

Also, I can change the grips correct? Is this something I can do on these markers or do I have to pay Palmer's shop something to have it done?

Argh... I have more Q's but I forget them at the moment.

Thanks in advance for the help.

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2002, 12:40 PM #2
Ov3rmind
Bandwidth Serial Killer

Here's what I can tell you (please know that I'm not a Palmer's expert):
Quote:
I notice that the typhoon looks like it has a permanently attached barrel - is this true? And a Blazer takes what barrel threads?
I believe the Typhoon does have an attached barrel, but you can order what you wan't the barrel to be like. The Blazer's barrel is removeable. However, it slides into the gun (then you can tighten it), so their are no barrels but Palmers readily available. However, you can send a barrel to Palmers to have the threads machined off (in other words, you can use the barrels you wan't it'll just cost a few extra bucks).
Quote:
Also, I plan to use compressed air on this marker - do Palmer's markers run ok on it? I read somewhere that their markers are made to run on Co2 or something. Not sure.
Both were made to use C02. However, there are a few mods available when you order the Blazer to make it run well off of N2 (I don't know about the Typhoon). I know HP/LP Valving is one of these, but you might wan't to Email Glenn about the rest.
Quote:
Also, I can change the grips correct? Is this something I can do on these markers or do I have to pay Palmer's shop something to have it done?
When ordering the Blazer, you have a choice of the standard frame or Benchmark .45 frame (which I recomend), both can be bought in single or double trigger versions. The .45 frame is the only one which will take aftermarket grips. Sorry, but I don't know about the Typhoon.

My overall choice would be the Blazer. You get about the same performance in each, but the Blazer is smaller, lighter, and the trigger is a little better (plus, you can use different barrels with it).

GL with your choice!
Old 06-19-2002, 06:06 AM #3
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

Thanks for your time Ov3rmind.

A couple more questions:

Do Blazers and/or Typhoons use cocker-style triggers? Cockers hate me so that would be a detriment to purchasing these markers.

Another thing, I guess if I want a cenerfeed blazer (like the one in the pic thread), I'd have to ask for it when I put in my order correct?

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old 06-19-2002, 01:11 PM #4
Ov3rmind
Bandwidth Serial Killer

Quote:
Do Blazers and/or Typhoons use cocker-style triggers? Cockers hate me so that would be a detriment to purchasing these markers.
They do have a little in common with Cocker triggers. That's in the sense that there's two points in the pull, one to cock it and one to release the hammer. The difference, is that they are standard pivoting triggers, not sliding. They are also made to be snappy, so that short stroking is minimized.
Quote:
Another thing, I guess if I want a cenerfeed blazer (like the one in the pic thread), I'd have to ask for it when I put in my order correct?
Sometimes they're in stock, sometimes they're not. I'm not exactly sure if they are right now, so you might wan't to Email Glenn.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:57 PM #5
DaveO

I can help with the center feed part. I ordered mine the last week in May and was told they had no more CF bodies. More might be available in about 10 weeks. I couldn't stand the wait and got right feed. It is still probably an 8 week wait for RF. Custom is not just a word at PPS.
Old 08-10-2002, 10:37 AM #6
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

you shouldn't have any problems using HPA, but Glenn Palmer is just about the master of co2. so if you want to save some money just use co2, but they should work fine on HPA.

and Palmer barrels are more accurate than anything you could possibly get from an aftermarket barrel company. The Freak is just about all that can compare
Old 08-10-2002, 03:55 PM #7
EasterBunny
cheeZe, not cheeSe

Quote:
I ordered mine the last week in May and was told they had no more CF bodies
i got the last one, hehe anyway CF is 50 buck upgrade

Alll barrels are good esp PPS, but lets not forget paint to barrel match. just in case u want an aftermarket barrel but in luv with the PPS

and remember these guns built for co2 primarily, with HPA a boost in consitancy should be noticeable (so damn consistant anyway) as well as some other samll increases here an' there
Old 08-10-2002, 03:58 PM #8
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

go with the Typhoon for the sexy nickel plating...