PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2015, 05:26 PM #1
pukindog
Just Walk Away.

Palmer Male Stabilizer Oring Location

I recently bought a used stabilizer in not so great shape. Well im trying to do a rebuild on it before i install it, but im unsure where one of the o-rings is supposed to go.

The top three are accounted for and the red one on the bottom looks to be a standard ASA oring ( Im guessing it would go on the ASA end of the stabilizer)

Now the lower,larger, black oring is the one primarily in question. I feel that it would go between the two halves of the body ( Between the valve assembly and lower tube) Every regulator ive been into has had an oring between the halves of the body, but when i got inside of this one, all i found was some kind of rubbery mess and red loctite.

Can anyone confirm this as the correct location for that oring?
pukindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2015, 02:42 PM #2
ReynardHonda

You are correct there is an oring in between. It's not generally one that needs to be changed with routine maintenance because it's really more of a friction ring that helps to keep the two halves together, in place and tight. It has little if anything to do with the sealing of the actual regulator.

The red Loctite, believe it or not is likely done at the factory. PPS is big on safety over easy disassembly of parts that require infrequent service/maintenance. I've never had to change that ring on any of mine. In fact, I normally just slide it over the threads of the regulator and seat it in the space below the threads. Helps to keep the regulator nice and snug in my VASA. Nonetheless if you're in there the rubbery mess is likely what's left of the original so might as well put it where it's meant to go.

As a side note moving forward you will get better and faster replies to any Palmer's questions over on MCarterBrown as there is a larger Palmer's following. Craig Palmer himself also monitors the forum on MCB and chimes in on any issues with his products.
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt

Last edited by ReynardHonda : 01-18-2015 at 03:12 PM.
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:46 PM #3
pukindog
Just Walk Away.

Ok thank you. I got it back together and working.

I'll get signed up over there for the next time I have a palmer issue.

Thanks again
pukindog is offline   Reply With Quote